Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Franchise tag deadline updates

12isthenew18

4 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

i wonder if we will offer Vernon something that might be out of the Phins range to match...?

I've rarely if ever seen us go that route where we are matching back and forth trying to outbid a player from his current team to our team.  Grigs will probably go to another arena.  Seems to me they may end up letting Lamar Miller walk so I'm interested to see if Philbin has instructed Pagano and Grigson that Miller would be in our interest to pick up?

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

i wonder if we will offer Vernon something that might be out of the Phins range to match...?

Me too, and I'm not sure how much wiggle room the Dolphins actually have, considering all the money that they have invested in Suh. I read that the tag itself is worth $12.734 million, so it seems like a team would have to offer a minimum of $14-15mil before Miami starts to think about letting him walk, but maybe not. Either way that's a lot of scratch, but it would fill a huge need, for a veteran DE about to enter his prime.

12 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Me too, and I'm not sure how much wiggle room the Dolphins actually have, considering all the money that they have invested in Suh. I read that the tag itself is worth $12.734 million, so it seems like a team would have to offer a minimum of $14-15mil before Miami starts to think about letting him walk, but maybe not. Either way that's a lot of scratch, but it would fill a huge need, for a veteran DE about to enter his prime.

i feel like its a ditch effort to keep him around till next year when they may have some more money to work with, i think as you sayd if anyone offers him that $13-15 mark the Phins may not have a choice but let him walk

18 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

i feel like its a ditch effort to keep him around till next year when they may have some more money to work with, i think as you sayd if anyone offers him that $13-15 mark the Phins may not have a choice but let him walk

100% agree. They only have a projected $3,502,237 in cap space for 2016. They'd probably let him walk for anything more than $13.5mil, assuming they'd also get a comp pick, though I'm not exactly sure how the comp pick thing works with the transition tag.

53 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Bradford just re-signed with the Eagles for 2 years $36 million $26 guaranteed.  Kind of high imo.

18 million a year for Bradford??? Jeez, Andrew is about to get seriously paid.