Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Gregory Suspended 4 Games For Substance Abuse Violations

krunk

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000637349/article/dallas-cowboys-randy-gregory-suspended-four-games

I figured silly Randy was going to get back on the Dank!

Gregory is an example of the problem i have with taking a substance abuse guy in the first round.  I'm speaking in terms of Noah Spence no matter how much I like him.  The penalties for drug use in the NFL are too costly and you'll end up losing one of your more talented players a minimum of 4 games out of the season if not more.  If a guy has a problem when he's broke with a drug it's got a high likelihood of resurfacing when he gets money in his pocket and increased social pressure.  I do realize people can change though, but it's certainly a big risk.

40 minutes ago, krunk said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000637349/article/dallas-cowboys-randy-gregory-suspended-four-games

I figured silly Randy was going to get back on the Dank!

Gregory is an example of the problem i have with taking a substance abuse guy in the first round.  I'm speaking in terms of Noah Spence no matter how much I like him.  The penalties for drug use in the NFL are too costly and you'll end up losing one of your more talented players a minimum of 4 games out of the season if not more.  If a guy has a problem when he's broke with a drug it's got a high likelihood of resurfacing when he gets money in his pocket and increased social pressure.  I do realize people can change though, but it's certainly a big risk.

Gregory was drafted 60th.

He fell out of the first round for all sorts of issues, including drug issues.....

And now Randy Gregory has failed a drug test (during the 2015 season) and he lost his appeal....   and he'll miss the first four games of the season.

Million dollar talent.....     10 cent head.

Click and read for yourself....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14808387/randy-gregory-dallas-cowboys-suspended-nfl-four-games-violating-substance-abuse-policy

I think Herm Edwards on ESPN was attempting to be a mentor for Randy Gregory too. I'm not blaming Herm. I just figured that with a mentor like Herm in his corner that Randy would start out on the right foot potentially. So much for that theory. Good luck son. 

Way to pick em Jerry Jones. Greg Hardy & now this stumble by Mr. Gregory. It's Dallas so I'm obligated to get my temporary digs in right now. 

On 2/20/2016 at 5:22 PM, 21isSuperman said:

If I recall correctly, his substance use was a red flag during the draft.  This exact situation is why a lot of teams were scared away from him

You're correct. He was a 1st rounder in a lot of mock drafts and fell. Cowboys seem to think they have the magic touch when it comes to taming less than model citizens. :dunno: