Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jamal Anderson

Kyle

I can't see Anderson sticking. The guy didn't do anything with Atlanta, ZIP, and here he's going to compete with better talent. Is our DE #1 pick from last year going to get any shot?

Hughes is not a DT... Anderson has the ability and a real chance to be not only a starter but a difference maker in how far we go this year

I think this was said in the other Anderson post, but Anderson will fit our d-line perfectly. He can give Mathis or Freeney a breather on 1st and 10s because he is a RUN STUFFER. Once the run is stuffed, he can transition to DT and let Mathis and Freeney back in there. He will apply preasure up the gut, collapse the pocket, and either let Frathis sack him, or force a quick ball that the QB did not want to throw. I see him as being the CJ on the d-line because he's so versatile.

Hughes is not a DT... Anderson has the ability and a real chance to be not only a starter but a difference maker in how far we go this year

I got news for ya, Anderson's not a DT either. You have high hopes for a guy that has sucked for 4 straight yrs..

This has me stoked. I already liked the combo of Moala, Mookie, Nevis, Foster and Matthews at DT, and I love the Freeney, Mathis, Key, and Hughes combo at DE.

Basically I'm saying this guy could slide up and down the line, but I think he should probably rotate in at DT, but he'll probably end up starting due to injuries later in the season... *knock on wood*

Really like this move. Another yes-name player (the opposite of a no-name player?) to stick on our D.

EDIT:

Stats

G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF

2010 Atlanta Falcons 16 3 21 16 5 2.0 -- 1 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

2009 Atlanta Falcons 13 13 27 17 10 0.5 -- 2 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2008 Atlanta Falcons 15 15 27 24 3 2.0 -- 3 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2007 Atlanta Falcons 16 16 30 26 4 0.0 -- 3 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

This has me stoked. I already liked the combo of Moala, Mookie, Nevis, Foster and Matthews at DT, and I love the Freeney, Mathis, Key, and Hughes combo at DE.

Basically I'm saying this guy could slide up and down the line, but I think he should probably rotate in at DT, but he'll probably end up starting due to injuries later in the season... *knock on wood*

Really like this move. Another yes-name player (the opposite of a no-name player?) to stick on our D.

EDIT:

Stats

G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF

2010 Atlanta Falcons 16 3 21 16 5 2.0 -- 1 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

2009 Atlanta Falcons 13 13 27 17 10 0.5 -- 2 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2008 Atlanta Falcons 15 15 27 24 3 2.0 -- 3 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2007 Atlanta Falcons 16 16 30 26 4 0.0 -- 3 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

And how exactly does those numbers inspire confidence? He was NEVER a DT and isn't now. He was a DE out of college and a DE in the pro's. He was moved into the middle when the Falcons knew they weren't getting crap from their #1 pick investment. I doubt he lasts.

I couldn't care less about the first three season, it was last year were he didn't start hardly at all, didn't play many minutes, and still had 20 tackles and 2 sacks with a forced fumble. You gotta understand that those numbers are going to automatically go up by playing with Freeney and Mathis.. and the last two seasons he was always moving from DT and DE, but on our line he could esily play DT.

We've gone 3 DE before in our defense, you really think a 6'6" 290 guy is a down-grade in the middle?

And he wasn't moved to the middle because of low production, it was due to massive injuries for their guys at DT

Actually watch some Falcon games before you make up random statements.

I couldn't care less about the first three season, it was last year were he didn't start hardly at all, didn't play many minutes, and still had 20 tackles and 2 sacks with a forced fumble. You gotta understand that those numbers are going to automatically go up by playing with Freeney and Mathis.. and the last two seasons he was always moving from DT and DE, but on our line he could esily play DT.

We've gone 3 DE before in our defense, you really think a 6'6" 290 guy is a down-grade in the middle?

And he wasn't moved to the middle because of low production, it was due to massive injuries for their guys at DT

Actually watch some Falcon games before you make up random statements.

I watched ALL the Falcon games, the guy wasn't shown the door just for cap reasons, it was because there were too many better options available. I hope he works out, but I doubt he makes the first cut let alone the final roster. BTW, he WAS moved to the middle in hopes he could develop into a DT worth something, because as a DE he was horrible.

He is slow off the line, doesn't play to the whistle, and has practically no technique in shedding his blocker. He actually did play quite a bit last year on the edge and in the middle. By the end of the year the middle experiment had failed and he was back on the end only. Falcons fans have gone back 20 years and couldn't find a starting DE that was worse.

Last year was the first year we were stout against the run during his tenure so while he may be "good" against the run he is not as big of a difference maker as he is being sold. He sets his edge.

Oh and yeah, he has the size, just not the talent.

Now maybe in your system with your coaches he will finally blossom as a player. We never saw any indication that he was going to improve.

ETA: Super nice and sturdy character guy though. He would be a good role model for young people if he had enough talent to be noticeable.