• Lyle Alzado
    • Sean Taylor
    • Bob Sanders
    • Ricky Williams
    • Ricky Watters
    • Jimmy Johnson
    • Other-whoever else you can think of

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Bob Sanders didn't play long enough to make the Hall of Fame, did he?

Ricky Williams might mot have either..

Not  a lot of 'Famers' there.

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this thread...surely there is some tongue and cheek here....obviously it is flying right over my head.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this thread...surely there is some tongue and cheek here....obviously it is flying right over my head.

I thought that the OP wanted to know which of those listed is most likely to make the Hall Of Fame. What confused me was the "Other - whoever you can think of". That throws it off.

Had he lived to play a few more years, Sean Taylor may have made the HoF. 

Perhaps Jimmy Johnson is the most HoF-worthy of the names listed (the former Cowboys head coach, not the late D-Coor of the Eagles)

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:25 PM, crazycolt1 said:

As far as the players you mentioned it would have to be Ricky Watters IMO. In 10 years he had 10,600 yards and 78 TDs. He also caught 467 passes with 13 TDs. I think the most impressive thing was he caught 182 first down passes. He made 5 pro bowls.

Edges numbers are more impressive and I don't think he is even getting sniffed for HOF.I don't see a HOF candidate on there....Johnson would be if he coached for a few more years or even if his tenure in Miami would have been better. Like NFLFAN said Taylor was on a path for greatness but he was gunned down young. I don't see a HOF candidate on the list.

57 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Edges numbers are more impressive and I don't think he is even getting sniffed for HOF.I don't see a HOF candidate on there....Johnson would be if he coached for a few more years or even if his tenure in Miami would have been better. Like NFLFAN said Taylor was on a path for greatness but he was gunned down young. I don't see a HOF candidate on the list.

As far as the numbers James and Watters are pretty close. James had 80 TDs and Watters had 91 TDs. James has 12,246 yards and Watters has 10,600 with James playing one more year. James has 4 pro bowls and Watters has 5. Watters was a lot better receiving RB than James. I think they both should be in the HOF. I think if you went and checked out his career numbers you would agree.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

As far as the numbers James and Watters are pretty close. James had 80 TDs and Watters had 91 TDs. James has 12,246 yards and Watters has 10,600 with James playing one more year. James has 4 pro bowls and Watters has 5. Watters was a lot better receiving RB than James. I think they both should be in the HOF. I think if you went and checked out his career numbers you would agree.

I agree with a lot of what you said but you are mixing and missing some numbers.  Watters had 91 TDs that was 78 rushing, 13 receiving.  James had 91 TDs, 80 rushing, 11 receiving.  Neither of your yard numbers included receiving yards, James had 15,610 rushing/receiving yards, Watters had , 14891.

Plus I don't think I'd say that Watters was a lot better receiving than James, he was slightly better but James was a very good receiver out of the back field.

8 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I agree with a lot of what you said but you are mixing and missing some numbers.  Watters had 91 TDs that was 78 rushing, 13 receiving.  James had 91 TDs, 80 rushing, 11 receiving.  Neither of your yard numbers included receiving yards, James had 15,610 rushing/receiving yards, Watters had , 14891.

Plus I don't think I'd say that Watters was a lot better receiving than James, he was slightly better but James was a very good receiver out of the back field.

Keep in mind that James had one more year than Watters did to get higher numbers. No one in history had the numbers at the start of their careers as James had but he never had the same burst or cutting ability after the injury. I think they both are deserving and hopefully they make it in. Watters had 5 tds in a playoff game and then backed it up with three in a super bowl. Now that was smoking while on a team with Rice and Young.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wish we had him, he has a great mind for talent and wont put up with anyone that doesn't give 100%. One time even Michael Irvin wasn't on time for the plane ride and Jimmy left him haha 

I think the Cowboys were good enough to win at least another super bowl or two had Jerry Jones kept his butt upstairs and let Johnson do his thing.

31 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Need Mike Curtis in !!!!

I guess they will wait till he dies. Its sad most only remember him for his tackle of a fan. He was a great football player/captain and had the interception that set up the winning FG in the super bowl win over Dallas. Pretty sure you know that but some other members may not.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Keep in mind that James had one more year than Watters did to get higher numbers. No one in history had the numbers at the start of their careers as James had but he never had the same burst or cutting ability after the injury. I think they both are deserving and hopefully they make it in. Watters had 5 tds in a playoff game and then backed it up with three in a super bowl. Now that was smoking while on a team with Rice and Young.

Don't get me wrong I was a big Watters fan when he played, he was tough, durable and the consumate professional.  And I agree that he deserves to be in the HOF as much as, if not more than James.  But James was very under-rated as a receiver.  he had an extra year but was not used as much in the passing game (30 some odd less receptions) and a big reason for that is because he had Manning who had harrison, wayne, Stokely, dilger, pollard, clark to throw to.  There were times when Watters was the 1st and usually the 2nd option

8 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Don't get me wrong I was a big Watters fan when he played, he was tough, durable and the consumate professional.  And I agree that he deserves to be in the HOF as much as, if not more than James.  But James was very under-rated as a receiver.  he had an extra year but was not used as much in the passing game (30 some odd less receptions) and a big reason for that is because he had Manning who had harrison, wayne, Stokely, dilger, pollard, clark to throw to.  There were times when Watters was the 1st and usually the 2nd option

With Rice Taylor and Jones, Watters was pretty good himself. His best years were with the Eagles I think.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess they will wait till he dies. Its sad most only remember him for his tackle of a fan. He was a great football player/captain and had the interception that set up the winning FG in the super bowl win over Dallas. Pretty sure you know that but some other members may not.

You are 100 % right.  He played a major factor in the SB 5 win as you said. Four time pro bowler and a dominant middle linebacker during that era. He did put a pretty good hit on that hippie !