Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early Colts offseason ideas

I am going to keep this short and sweet.  I hope the Colts pick LB Jaylon Smith in the 1st, and RB Alex Collins in the 2nd.  Smith is an obvious stud but will need to recover from his injury.  I for one, NEVER thought I would want a RB in the 2nd..........but watching some film on the top RBs in the draft and Collins really stands out to me.  Forget Elliot, Collins is the top RB in this draft and is going to be an absolute stud in the NFL.

We obviously have more draft picks but other holes like OLine we can fill by signing Wisniewski at C, Osemele/Boone at G

We have a huge hold at #2 CB we would have to figure out but could fix the S position by signing Weddle/Berry at S.  

The DLine has improved immensely with our 2 stud rookies from last year, we will be getting Jones back (i think), and could pick up a solid addition in Wilkerson through FA. 

Just bored at work and spitballin.  what do you guys think??

The Colts have holes at every position accept maybe WR, P, and TE. So there are many ways they could go with their offseason plans.

I think the key is youth and depth though. They need young playmakers and depth, so all plans must center around the acquisition of young players.

I do think the pass rush and offensive line need to be addressed though. I like the idea of bringing in a young OLB via FA and drafting another one.

How about we trade Luck to Cleveland for the #2 pick and a slew of draft choices, how about their 1st 4 picks this draft and a #2 the next 2 drafts, and do a salary dump of Castanzio to Tenn for the 2nd pick in rd 2. 
 Trade back the overall 2nd pick for SF pick 7 and their 3rd rd pick and a #3 next season. :-)
   Plenty of Great picks to load up the roster and we sign Cousins to be our QB.
 So now we have picks
   7   OLB Myles Jack

18  RB Ezekiel Elliott
 32  T Jason Spriggs

33  G Vadal Alexander

49  SJeremy Cash
 65  LB Deion Jones
 82  C Jack Allen

100 TE Bryce Williams

117 QB Dak Prescott

155 C/G Evan Boehm

237 QB Nate Sudefeld  :-)

Gee, that was fun!! ;-)
Can`t wait to do another post combine.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

The Colts have holes at every position accept maybe WR, P, and TE. So there are many ways they could go with their offseason plans.

I think the key is youth and depth though. They need young playmakers and depth, so all plans must center around the acquisition of young players.

I do think the pass rush and offensive line need to be addressed though. I like the idea of bringing in a young OLB via FA and drafting another one.

Yeah me too. The only thing is its a week free agent class for pass rushers. We culd gamble on Junior Galette. Or sign a vet like Tamba Hali or Demarcus Ware assuming he's cut to free up cap space. Or we could sign Bruce Irvin. Irvin is probably the best option. IMO in our scheme he would shine and get around 10 sacks every year.

I like Elliot as our 1st. pick.  I know I'm in the minority and everyone is on board about not drafting a RB in the first round.  But I keep coming back to the fact we traded a No. 1 pick for Trent.  We have the same GM and coach and they want a running game.  Elliot is a three down back who has been compared to Edge and according to the experts is a top ten pick.  If he is there I think they take him.  I wouldn't be surprised if they trade up to get him as crazy as it sounds.  We will use free agency to shore up the OL with at least one starter and the same for the defense.  If Elliot goes before us then I think it's BPA on position of need after free agency.  Either way we need at least two starters from this draft.  At 18 we should be able to make it happen.  Can't wait for the super bowl to be over.  I think Monday is the first day you can release players.