Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Emmanuel Ogbah

I know highlights are basically biased and show nothing, but for those that havent seen ogbah play. he is my number one pick. I love his power, how he can dislodges from blocks, how fast he gets by the tackle. just an absolute monster. PPF has also given him the number 1 ranking amongst edge rushers

Honestly speaking, I'm not a really a huge fan of Ogbah. He's not bad at all, in fact I think he could be a good NFL player, but I have my concerns. Scheme fit aside, he seems to lack the natural pass rush skills. He does make up for it with his big frame (seriously, dude is huge). My biggest knock on him is that he occasionally takes a snap off. With good coaching, he'll be a solid starter. I'm just not sure if the fit is right. 

22 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

That still doesn't give him a free pass, if that's what you're implying.

No free passes given. I was hoping to see some dominate play by several prospects in the hope one would fall to us in the draft and become the QB killer we need.

2 hours ago, twfish said:

Very dissapointed in that game. Guess I'll look at a couple games of his to form a better opinion of the guy, anyone have a couple games where he balled out and vice versa?

You do realize that he was going against Laremy Tunsil right? The best LT and OL in this class and probably the best since Tyron Smith. Yet he still made some plays.

9 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Honestly speaking, I'm not a really a huge fan of Ogbah. He's not bad at all, in fact I think he could be a good NFL player, but I have my concerns. Scheme fit aside, he seems to lack the natural pass rush skills. He does make up for it with his big frame (seriously, dude is huge). My biggest knock on him is that he occasionally takes a snap off. With good coaching, he'll be a solid starter. I'm just not sure if the fit is right. 

Tbh, you could say the same for most of the edge rushers in this class. The only guy with super consistency is Shaq Lawson, if you look at it from that view.

But 17.5 TFLs, 61 tackles, and 13.5 sacks doesn't seem like a guy who takes plays off to me.

I like Ogbahs potential and he does have the ability to play rush linebacker but he is raw as a pass rusher.

-Undeveloped pass rush rep....Gets much of his sacks off hustle

-He is also inconsistent off the snap but does have good burst off the snap

-Pad level gets a bit high off the snap...Pops right up out of his stance

-To deliberate in his pass rush...Meaning he does not often read how the Tackle is playing him but looks to predetermine what he is going to do

-Can get stuck on some blocks

Athletically, production wise and size wise he is a 1st round pick.....Technique wise 2nd-3rd round pick. I think he goes in the 2nd round and depending on who is available if he is their I'd take him in the 2nd

Shaq Lawson

Carl Lawson

Kamalei Correa

Erick Striker

Shilique Calhoun

Are all guys I have my eye on within the first 3 rounds  who I think we have a realistic shot at but I'm still watching a lot of games and will probably add to the list or take one off the list

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

I like Ogbahs potential and he does have the ability to play rush linebacker but he is raw as a pass rusher.

-To deliberate in his pass rush...Meaning he does not often read how the Tackle is playing him but looks to predetermine what he is going to do

Athletically, production wise and size wise he is a 1st round pick.....Technique wise 2nd-3rd round pick. I think he goes in the 2nd round and depending on who is available if he is their I'd take him in the 2nd

Shaq Lawson

Carl Lawson

Kamalei Correa

Erick Striker

Shilique Calhoun

Are all guys I have my eye on within the first 3 rounds  who I think we have a realistic shot at but I'm still watching a lot of games and will probably add to the list or take one off the list

I would love Shaq Lawson in the 2nd or Carl Lawson in the 3rd. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's only 1 game. I still like him. He is quick and strong and has a nice feel for the game. Look at Smith for the Irish, he got injured would you guys still want him? 1 Bowl game doesn't mean jack to me. Peyton absolutely stunk against Nebraska in his final Bowl game. Thank God we didn't take Leaf because of it.

Would love it if Smith from ND fell to the Colts. 

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Shaq Lawson

Carl Lawson

Kamalei Correa

Erick Striker

Shilique Calhoun

I don't think Carl Lawson is coming out. Eric Striker is too small to play the edge. I think Calhoun is the best option since Shaq Lawson should be gone before our pick.

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

You do realize that he was going against Laremy Tunsil right? The best LT and OL in this class and probably the best since Tyron Smith. Yet he still made some plays.

Tbh, you could say the same for most of the edge rushers in this class. The only guy with super consistency is Shaq Lawson, if you look at it from that view.

But 17.5 TFLs, 61 tackles, and 13.5 sacks doesn't seem like a guy who takes plays off to me.

You do realize I understand that and that's why I asked for other games I could watch so I could make a informed decision on him? I wasn't attacking the guy I just stated he didn't look very good in the game.....

17 minutes ago, twfish said:

You do realize I understand that and that's why I asked for other games I could watch so I could make a informed decision on him? I wasn't attacking the guy I just stated he didn't look very good in the game.....

Watch him against Kansas State. He goes one on one against Cody Whitehair.

16 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Was playing left end opposite Tunsil most of 1st half that I saw..

2 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

Nah, he's 275-280. I've watched Ok. State and he's a 4-3 DE. He's great, like I said, but he's Not the typical 3-4 OLB.

how much do you think someone has to weight to play OLB? that weight too small to play DE

20 minutes ago, CR91 said:

its easier to lose ten pounds then to gain 20 pounds of muscle

while that may be true, did you watch Oklahoma State play this season? Not Highlights! Actual games? I did. He's a great player. The only position that he played is 4-3 DE. That is where he excels. He may or may not be able to be a 3-4 OLB. I'm doubting it. Just like i doubted that Bjoern Werner could transition from 4-3 DE to a 3-4 OLB.... 

2 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

while that may be true, did you watch Oklahoma State play this season? Not Highlights! Actual games? I did. He's a great player. The only position that he played is 4-3 DE. That is where he excels. He may or may not be able to be a 3-4 OLB. I'm doubting it. Just like i doubted that Bjoern Werner could transition from 4-3 DE to a 3-4 OLB.... 

I did and yes he mostly played DE, but he was also moved around at times so its not something completely new to him

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I did and yes he mostly played DE, but he was also moved around at times so its not something completely new to him

ya, he was moved from end to end, but i don't recall him dropping back into coverage. He may have dropped back to deflect a pass, but he didn't go into coverage. Ogbah reminds me of Freeney. He's great, but I honestly Only see him as a 4-3 DE.

Just now, GoColts00 said:

ya, he was moved from end to end, but i don't recall him dropping back into coverage. He may have dropped back to deflect a pass, but he didn't go into coverage. Ogbah reminds me of Freeney. He's great, but I honestly Only see him as a 4-3 DE.

he'll be playing the rush backer so youre only in coverage a hand-full of times, not to mention we also play a hybrid so we are in a 4-3 at times

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

he'll be playing the rush backer so youre only in coverage a hand-full of times, not to mention we also play a hybrid so we are in a 4-3 at times

It's possible. I still doubt it because a rush LB is more like Clay Matthews than Dwight Freeney, but it could happen with the right athlete/ proper coaching. 

Ogbah can play linebacker in a 3-4. He has the agility and bend needed and lets not forget he will be able to have his hand down in the dirt as well so lets not blow things out of proportion. The question can he learn and develop the technique to be a good pass rusher in the pros