Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shawn Oakman!

11 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Oakman isn't a first round pick.

If we could get him in the 2nd even better...Get the DL from Ole Miss in 1st then....Sign Mack,  draft Henry or Elliot in 3rd...Oakman is raw for sure but has Reggie White type physical tools...Imagine Oakman, Anderson, Parry, ndkumeche defensive line....

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

If we could get him in the 2nd even better...Get the DL from Ole Miss in 1st then....Sign Mack,  draft Henry or Elliot in 3rd...Oakman is raw for sure but has Reggie White type physical tools...Imagine Oakman, Anderson, Parry, ndkumeche defensive line....

I like Nkemdiche but he's a weird dude with off-field questions. Kind of a risky guy to take with a top pick. 

5 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

We won't be picking high enough for Jaylon Smith, I don't know much about Jack....

Its very, very possible we end up with a top 10 pick. Granted it'll be closer to 10 than 1, but Smith will be in that 5-10 range. I'd even trade up for him.

31 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Its very, very possible we end up with a top 10 pick. Granted it'll be closer to 10 than 1, but Smith will be in that 5-10 range. I'd even trade up for him.

We definitely need a stud kuechley type Lb, hopefully Oakman will b there in 2nd, or third...We need to get Henry or Elliot to pair with gore somehow too, or trade for a back...

4 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

We definitely need a stud kuechley type Lb, hopefully Oakman will b there in 2nd, or third...We need to get Henry or Elliot to pair with gore somehow too, or trade for a back...

We definitely need to grab to good RB in the 3rd round or so. One who can come in and produce right away. A guy I really like is CJ Prosise. I haven't seen anyone on here mention him but he's one of my personal favorites in the class as far as RB's. IMO. Best case scenario is this

1) Jaylon Smith

2) Nick Martin

3) Spencer Drango

3) CJ Prosise (Trade back into 3rd)

6) Lloyd Carrington

I would not want Oakman in the first round. More of the freak athlete sydrome. NFL.com just came out with this on Oakman. Oakman reminds me of Armstead from Oregon last year, 49ers first round pick. So far it has not worked out so well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587273/article/scout-i-wouldnt-draft-shawn-oakman-in-first-three-rounds

I think he goes in the second round, but for him to become a player, it has to be the right system fit, and he has to have a coach to work on his deficiencies.

Anyone ever think about how many time we don't think about system fits for players enough. I once heard Cris Carter on Mike and Mike say he believes 90% of players in the NFL who are

successful is because of the system fit. It is one of the reasons Belichick is successful. He finds players to fit the niche he wants. The figure may be a little high, but I fully believe it. System fit is the reason so many FA's don't work out on other teams. A CB may be great in zone coverage, but ask him to play press?

57 minutes ago, loudnproudcolt said:

I would not want Oakman in the first round. More of the freak athlete sydrome. NFL.com just came out with this on Oakman. Oakman reminds me of Armstead from Oregon last year, 49ers first round pick. So far it has not worked out so well.

There's nothing freakishly athletic about Armstead. It's just something people started saying and repeating. And there's nothing in his film that suggests he's a freak athlete, either.

We have so many needs it's not even funny. We have horrible interior OL play and need another quality OT. Davis is our best CB, and he's been average at best. Adams is just about done at safety, we need 2 at least. LB?? Well, we could use 1 or 2. Lastly, Gore was signed for the 2015 run, he's 34 and showing signs he's done, just like Johnson.

Center

OG

CB

Safety

OLB

DE

RB

Can we get quality in FA? We thought we did with Cole, Lowery, Herrmann, etc.. What we got is less than nothing.

On 12/24/2015 at 6:42 AM, ColtJax said:

We have so many needs it's not even funny. We have horrible interior OL play and need another quality OT. Davis is our best CB, and he's been average at best. Adams is just about done at safety, we need 2 at least. LB?? Well, we could use 1 or 2. Lastly, Gore was signed for the 2015 run, he's 34 and showing signs he's done, just like Johnson.

Center

OG

CB

Safety

OLB

DE

RB

Can we get quality in FA? We thought we did with Cole, Lowery, Herrmann, etc.. What we got is less than nothing.

Mack at center will solidify oline..

• 1 month later...

Oakman dominated Senior Bowl like I knew he would! We have to get this guy, he is the 2ND coming of Jevon Kearse...I hope he is there in the 2nd...If we somehow get Ogbah in 1st and Oakman in 2nd we will have a scary pass rush for years....Sign Mack, Wisniewski, and Shawn Smith in free agency we will be Super Bowl bound...

12 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

No, I want Jaylon Smith in the 1st. 

Ill think about Oakman in the second.

I just don't want to use a 1st on a player who won't be there 1st year, and there is no guarantee Smith will return to form...After Oakman's performance yesterday and the combine Im not sure he will be there in the 2nd....I'd seriously consider him in the 1st despite what the so called experts say....I go off what I see, and he dominated against the best at the Senior Bowl....

On 12/24/2015 at 4:42 AM, ColtJax said:

Center

OG

CB

Safety

OLB

DE

RB

Lowery played pretty well most of the season and we also got Langford who had a good season this year for us. So we didn't get nothing, we got something. But we did miss on more than we hit as far as free agency goes.

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Oakman dominated Senior Bowl like I knew he would! We have to get this guy, he is the 2ND coming of Jevon Kearse...I hope he is there in the 2nd...If we somehow get Ogbah in 1st and Oakman in 2nd we will have a scary pass rush for years....Sign Mack, Wisniewski, and Shawn Smith in free agency we will be Super Bowl bound...

Why would we sign two centres?

13 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Why would we sign two centres?

Mack or Wisniewski not both...In my opinion that's all we need to improve the line, I like Goode and Reitz at Rt, and Mewhort and Thornton at G...If we draft a G, or sign Osemele or Scwartz  great, but I don't think our line is as bad as people make it out to be.. Luck needs to learn to get rid of the ball..The injuries were more bad luck than anything else...