Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adongo Out, pending investigation..... ugh

Jackie Daytona

21 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So the Colts did the right thing by suspending a guy because of what the media or internet bloggers portray the situation to be. 

That's quite a dumb thing to do and very unfair.  How about this

If the Colts want to find out what happened, spend several thousands of dollars hiring their own PIs to find out what the evidence is...or...wait until the taxpayer funded judicial system does it (I suggest the latter).  Only after either of the two happen will the Colts be in a position to affect Daniel's life in an informed and fair way.

Which means that suspending him before that is unfair.

This is just the result of us all being trained to react in a real way to Fake Outrage. 

DD, I don't believe the Colts have suspended him. Nor have they released him. I think they're taking the approach that all NFL teams would abide by given the enormous publicity that has surrounded the league the past couple of seasons where domestic violence allegations are concerned. As far as I know he's still receiving his pay as well. It seems to be the correct cautious way to approach these matters now in the NFL. Whether that's fair or not, is up to opinion. 

And, you may be totally correct in saying that it's a trained reaction to Fake Outrage. It very well could be. However, given the prior situations with other players that have actually surrounded domestic violence in the NFL, it certainly may be the only way to proceed from an investigative standpoint.

2 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

DD, I don't believe the Colts have suspended him. Nor have they released him. I think they're taking the approach that all NFL teams would abide by given the enormous publicity that had surrounded the league the past couple of seasons where domestic violence allegations are concerned. As far as I know he's still receiving his pay as well. It seems to be the correct cautious way to approach these matters now in the NFL. Whether that's fair or not, is up to opinion. 

And, you may totally correct in saying that it's a trained reaction to Fake Outrage. It very well could be. However, given the prior situations with other players that have actually surrounded domestic violence in the NFL, it certainly may be the only way to proceed from an investigative standpoint.

I know what you are saying and I am not picking a fight because I think you hit on something.

The media and internet bloggers portray a situation in a certain way.  It may be accurate or in accurate. If inaccurate, it may be inaccurate due to mistake or because of intention.

I think its bad taste and bad business to make any decision based on that.   Its unfair for obvious reasons, but I think its bad business because it develops a reputation of making flighty knee-jerk decisions that impact people in a real way. Nobody respects that kind of reactionary decision making.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I know what you are saying and I am not picking a fight because I think you hit on something.

The media and internet bloggers portray a situation in a certain way.  It may be accurate or in accurate. If inaccurate, it may be inaccurate due to mistake or because of intention.

I think its bad taste and bad business to make any decision based on that.   Its unfair for obvious reasons, but I think its bad business because it develops a reputation of making flighty knee-jerk decisions that impact people in a real way. Nobody respects that kind of reactionary decision making.

I agree 100%. Unfortunately, (and I mean that sincerely) it's the way things are now.

2 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

I agree 100%. Unfortunately, (and I mean that sincerely) it's the way things are now.

And just to add.  We know that Daniel is a lesser player, but what if the Jags score a punt return TD.  Does the entire team and our playoff implications have to be impacted by the internet's portrayal of what happened between him and his girlfriend?  Sheez. 

You'd think that billionaire owners would be smart enough to figure a way to not be led by the nose by internet bloggers and talking heads expressing fake outrage......or real outrage to a false premise.

22 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I don't condone domestic violence in any way, shape, or form & yes, the alleged person is presumed innocent until proven guilty obviously. However, it does make me wonder why NFL athletes & famous celebrities don't protect themselves more by way of how do I say this delicately? A financial transaction thru a particular establishment if you know what I mean. 

Look, whatever your moral objections might be toward the oldest profession around, if both parties get something out of it & it prevents a criminal record or extortion down the line, there's a benefit in that arrangement. Also, it allows the player to not get red flagged by the league & other franchises as a trouble maker too controversial to sign or keep on a roster. JMO. 

Except that might not work out because then a scumbag athlete could end up raping and/or abusing hookers & prostitutes with no consequences. I say this because the odds of a prostitute going to the police to report a rape are probably pretty low for a variety of reasons. She might choose to deal with the trauma of a rape rather than expose her profession/affiliates and the trauma that her pimp will hand out... just my 2¢

Egad People!

There is some major assumption, presumption, and conjecture going on here before any facts or official information has been released in this mater.

The Colts are just protecting the franchise's reputation, just in case things go south,

Just the way things are with public entities these days.