Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No targets for Moncrief?

BProland85

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

40 year old Matt finally showed up.  I remember either Parcels or BB once saying the normal life span of a back up QB in the NFL is about four games before other teams figure you out and you show why your back up QB.  

Bound to happen.  Hopefully he's fine for one more game and the Colts can figure out a way to win in Jacksonville and he can turn things back over to Andrew.

Honestly I think if we asked anyone at the start of the year that if the Colts would need Matt for six games this year would you take a 5-1 or 4-2 record in those six games everyone would have jumped at it.

I know you agree with most of that just building on your point.

MH can't throw the deep ball very well.  I've seen it each game that MH has played, and the ball to AJ was underthrown tonight as well.  Its almost as bad as Brady and Manning, but not quite. 

Because of this, the defenses can be more aggressive and play closer to the LOS.  That also hurts the run game.

Matt/Chud need to take some home run shots early in games...preferably completing one or two.

Some perspective is required here. O-line is just beat up. Hasselback is a backup 40 year old QB who had a 40 year old backup QB night. He was just very bad, and there's no sugar coating it. A healthy Luck would have made a huge difference last night. 

The continuous failure of the offense to get much more than 3 and outs wore out our Defense, which played fairly well for a good portion of the game against the best pass offense in the league.......... with the exception of Toler, who played like a bad 40 year old CB, and the total absence of any QB pressure. 

The killer was the inability to generate any pass rush. ANY RUSH. Give Big Ben that kind of time and he will kill you ten times out of ten. Mathis was totally ineffective; he's clearly showing his age and injuries, and that's not going to get better. Beyond that, there is Newsome and Cole.....need I say more?

The Colts will have to wait until next year to fix those two glaring problems on the D. They have to find someone who can rush the QB. And they have to find a competent man cover partner for 
Vontae. Combine that with finding a competent Center and there won't be any more debacles like last night. 

10 hours ago, Superman said:

Hey got a catch late in the game.

But I think the answer is that Hasselbeck played poorly, made multiple bad reads, was slow to get calls in and make adjustments, didn't make his reads well, missed open receivers, and got pressured all game long. 

Right from the get-go.

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Who cares about winning the division if my Colts typically get humiliated outside of it when the games really matter?

Yeah, those playoff wins against Cincy and Denver last year and the 28-point comeback against KC in 2013 were humiliating.  That win over Baltimore last year (a team that made the playoffs and won a round) was bloody embarrassing too.  Those wins over 3 of the 4 championship game participants in 2013 were just a humiliation.

And in 2012, it was embarrassing to watch the Colts beat 10-6 Minnesota, 11-5 Green Bay and 12-4 Houston.  Abominable.

Yep, you're right, since 2012 the Colts haven't won any games that matter.  None.

8 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Nope. Last year, the Steelers schooled us & the same thing happened tonight. Are we detecting a pattern here? Yes, Pagano did nothing to slow down Pittsburgh's defense or LB James Harrison for that matter & Chuck Pagano was the DC of the Ravens before we hired him in INDY correct?

Pagano is a lifetime DB coach who was handed the Ravens DC job (for 1 season).
Do the names Suggs, Ngata, Redding, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Kruger, Jarrett Johnson, Bernard Pollard mean Anything to you? Chuck really coached them up. uh huh!

19 hours ago, Jason_S said:

and please explain how they're doing the same thing over and over?  People use that phrase all the time and it rarely applies.  Do you think they're going to go into the next game with the exact same game plan?  Call all the same plays?  

First and foremost, if we run into the Steelers again in the playoffs, I'm thinking that Luck and Castonzo will probably be available.  That alone will make a huge difference.

Also, just for the record, the Colts have only been knocked out of the playoffs early ONCE...ONE TIME...under Pagano's watch.  

Why do Colts fans always do this? Not all, but many of them...They look for a multitude of reasons to give our current coach a pass. As if to say well our o-line was in disarray, our backup QB had an off night, or it's difficult to win a game when the other side has Brown, Williams, & Big Ben. 

Tell me Jason, just where in this list of accountability does the buck stop at the head coach on our sideline? Did Chuck look prepared to you after getting demolished by the exact same team last year? Nope. And I seem to recall Pagano saying Luck should be prepared for pressure by now & that if he doesn't fix the online issues somebody else will meaning another head coach correct? Where's the ability to adapt, grow, & not get our caboose kicked by AFC rivals outside our division because the Steelers take us out to the woodshed & in that comeback Playoffs victory against KC, what master plan did Chuck initiate to save the day & emerge victorious BTW? 

Denial ain't no river in Egypt Jason. Keep burying your head in the sand if you want to your heart's content but Chuck will never win us a SB. I firmly believe that too. 

16 hours ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

Yeah, those playoff wins against Cincy and Denver last year and the 28-point comeback against KC in 2013 were humiliating.  That win over Baltimore last year (a team that made the playoffs and won a round) was bloody embarrassing too.  Those wins over 3 of the 4 championship game participants in 2013 were just a humiliation.

And in 2012, it was embarrassing to watch the Colts beat 10-6 Minnesota, 11-5 Green Bay and 12-4 Houston.  Abominable.

Yep, you're right, since 2012 the Colts haven't won any games that matter.  None.

What brilliant plan did Chuck Pagano execute on the sidelines to beat Andy Reid exactly? I can't wait to hear this elaborate fairytale fabrication. I'm all ears DTCF. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bruce Arians coaching our team in 2012 while Chuck was receiving  life saving cancer treatments? Hmmm...

Why do Colts fans always do this? Not all, but many of them...They look for a multitude of reasons to give our current coach a pass. As if to say well our o-line was in disarray, our backup QB had an off night, or it's difficult to win a game when the other side has Brown, Williams, & Big Ben. 

Because all of that is freaking true.  And what you call "giving the coach a pass" is what I call looking at the reality of the situation.  What planet are you living on that it's a normal occurrence for a team with their backup QB, backup LT, more than a backup RT, who's an UDFA from Mars Hill, to beat a SB contender like Pittsburgh who has their starting QB and a top ranked defense?  Good god man, maybe you've been playing too much Madden.  This is the real world where every single game is difficult to win and injuries, regardless of the old "injuries aren't an excuse" mantra, do play a huge part in a team's success or lack thereof.

Tell me Jason, just where in this list of accountability does the buck stop at the head coach on our sideline?

He always has accountability, but hey guess what, the players do too.  What a novel concept right?  Or is Pagano supposed to suit himself up and play QB himself when his 40 year old back up has an off night?

Did Chuck look prepared to you after getting demolished by the exact same team last year?  Nope.

Please explain how Chuck looked unprepared to you?  Also while you're at it, I"m still waiting to hear you explain how "doing the same thing over and over" applies to this situation, 

And I seem to recall Pagano saying Luck should be prepared for pressure by now & that if he doesn't fix the online issues somebody else will meaning another head coach correct?

Eh, it was something like that.  But please tell me, since you seem to think it's so easy, how is Pagano supposed to turn the molded crap that is our current OL into a top flight pass protecting unit?  He can only do so much with what Grigson has given him.

Where's the ability to adapt, grow, & not get our caboose kicked by AFC rivals outside our division because the Steelers take us out to the woodshed & in that comeback Playoffs victory against KC, what master plan did Chuck initiate to save the day & emerge victorious BTW? 

Well Luck did his part to dig that hole against KC.  I love how you conveniently leave out the Colts victories over teams like Seattle, San Fran, Denver, Green Bay, etc etc.  

Denial ain't no river in Egypt Jason. Keep burying your head in the sand if you want to your heart's content but Chuck will never win us a SB. I firmly believe that too. 

Hmm...how do I put a cherry on this...I don't give a frog's watertight butt about what you firmly believe.  People used to firmly believe that the Earth was flat.  Didn't work out so well for them did it?  If you've made up your mind about Pagano, that's your prerogative.  But if this past Pitt game is what made up your mind for you...well, again looking for that cherry....I can't tell you how stupid that is.

What brilliant plan did Chuck Pagano execute on the sidelines to beat Andy Reid exactly? I can't wait to hear this elaborate fairytale fabrication. I'm all ears DTCF. 

Please tell us what brilliant plan Chuck should have executed against the Steelers with the personnel he had available?  

On December 8, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Jason_S said:

Because all of that is freaking true.  And what you call "giving the coach a pass" is what I call looking at the reality of the situation.  What planet are you living on that it's a normal occurrence for a team with their backup QB, backup LT, more than a backup RT, who's an UDFA from Mars Hill, to beat a SB contender like Pittsburgh who has their starting QB and a top ranked defense?  Good god man, maybe you've been playing too much Madden.  This is the real world where every single game is difficult to win and injuries, regardless of the old "injuries aren't an excuse" mantra, do play a huge part in a team's success or lack thereof.

He always has accountability, but hey guess what, the players do too.  What a novel concept right?  Or is Pagano supposed to suit himself up and play QB himself when his 40 year old back up has an off night?

Please explain how Chuck looked unprepared to you?  Also while you're at it, I"m still waiting to hear you explain how "doing the same thing over and over" applies to this situation, 

Eh, it was something like that.  But please tell me, since you seem to think it's so easy, how is Pagano supposed to turn the molded crap that is our current OL into a top flight pass protecting unit?  He can only do so much with what Grigson has given him.

Well Luck did his part to dig that hole against KC.  I love how you conveniently leave out the Colts victories over teams like Seattle, San Fran, Denver, Green Bay, etc etc.  

Hmm...how do I put a cherry on this...I don't give a frog's watertight butt about what you firmly believe.  People used to firmly believe that the Earth was flat.  Didn't work out so well for them did it?  If you've made up your mind about Pagano, that's your prerogative.  But if this past Pitt game is what made up your mind for you...well, again looking for that cherry....I can't tell you how stupid that is.

"The reality of the situation" you say Jason...So our o-line was crippled for 2 consecutive years straight then when we faced Mike Tomlin's Steelers in back to back seasons? I seem to recall the Luck played Pittsburgh last year, but I do remember that Vontae Davis being absent last season did leave a gapping hole in our secondary coverage. I will give you that. But don't give me this nonsense that you're not giving Pagano a pass. In 2 years, Pagano can't stop the bleeding when we get decimated by the exact same team, especially when most fans recognize that Chud is a better OC than Pep is. 

What sideline adjustments did Pagano make if any during or after halftime to make it easier for Hasselback or 2 help our offense generate points? Because I sure didn't notice anything. Of course players have to execute on the field. That's hardly an earth shattering statement Jason & what in the world does a flat earth theory have to do with get creamed on a football field by the same coach? Nothing in my mind. 

Pittsburgh is a formidable rival in the AFC that we will see again & if we wanna reach greatness, we need to find a way to neutralize them or at least slow them down. It's not about leaving out Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, or GB Jason. It's about devising a way to get past NE & Pittsburgh. This is what I mean by excuses. Fans will proudly highlight teams we beat while ignoring teams that continue to be a thorn in our side during the season. 

If you think inferring that my position is a stupid one is going to deter me it won't & just because you deem it foolish it doesn't elevate your point of view to sheer genius BTW, but if you'd prefer to think that, be my guest. It's of no consequence to me at all. 

When did I ever say Pagano's job was easy? He was hired in 2011 & it's now 2015. Granted, dealing with his cancer diagnosis took it's toll & I am relieved that Chuck is happy & healthy for his family's sake & well being. However, if we can't beat NE & Pittsburgh who prevent us from reaching yet another Lombardi trophy, we need to look in a new direction. If Chuck surprises me & doesn't get pulverized in the AFC Championship Game this year, I will admit I was wrong & personally apologize to Pagano & even Ryan Grigson, but I'm not wrong. 

Our defense in that game vs Pittsburgh was healthy correct? Chuck was the DC of the Ravens prior to Jim Orsay naming him our new head coach right? Wouldn't it stand to reason that Pagano could help his DC slow down LB James Harrison? If a person was hired for their defensive prowess & they can't slow down Steelers LBs that screams disaster to me. 

On December 8, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Jason_S said:

Please tell us what brilliant plan Chuck should have executed against the Steelers with the personnel he had available?  

Were we on life support or heavily injuried on both lines? Hades no. Thank you for playing. Our defensive line was healthy & more than adequate. 

On 12/9/2015 at 5:39 PM, southwest1 said:

Were we on life support or heavily injuried on both lines? Hades no. Thank you for playing. Our defensive line was healthy & more than adequate. 

Um, on the OL yes, absolutely.  However I fail to see what that has to do with the question in the post that you quoted.  And please don't bother explaining what that had to do with the post you quoted because I don't care anymore.  You stated your opinion and I've stated my opinion of yours.  Neither opinion is changing so...carry on.  

On December 8, 2015 at 1:21 AM, southwest1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bruce Arians coaching our team in 2012 while Chuck was receiving  life saving cancer treatments? Hmmm...

And Bruce and Chuck won 11 games.

Then Chuck won 12 games in '13.     Then Chuck won 13 games in '14.

So,  what's your point again?

If you're trying to say Arians is a better HC then Pagano,  OK.   

If you're trying to say this mess in '15 is on Pagano,  then we disagree...

So,  now what?     

On December 7, 2015 at 6:21 AM, crazycolt1 said:

If you think all the problems the Colts have is at the feet of Pagano maybe you should step back and see the whole picture? The comparing coaches against coaches does not have anything to do with the Colts. What has the wins with Pagano with Matt have to do with anything? Just maybe the Steelers are a better team and are not facing the same stuff the Colts are at this point in the season? The Steelers have their starting QB, two of the best WRs in the league, a stout defense, were at home and fighting for a playoff spot. But according to you it was all on Pagano? You need a chill pill. It takes more than a head coach in case you forgot. Your knee jerk reaction is over the top. (just a side note: how many more years does Hoody have on Pagano as far as experience?)

I need to take a relax because I point out that this coaching staff can't beat the Steelers in back to back seasons really? And Bill Belichick has nothing to do with our team...You obviously missed my point about the failure to adapt on Pagano's part or show any semblance of ability to stop the bleeding vs the Steelers CC1. How much time does Chuck really need to prove that he can get the Colts to a SB? 

If Pagano shows me something down the stretch that proves to me that INDY can handle their business outside the AFC South, I will reconsider my position, but right now, I want a new coach on the sidelines next year. 

9 hours ago, Jason_S said:

Um, on the OL yes, absolutely.  However I fail to see what that has to do with the question in the post that you quoted.  And please don't bother explaining what that had to do with the post you quoted because I don't care anymore.  You stated your opinion and I've stated my opinion of yours.  Neither opinion is changing so...carry on.  

Chuck was hired for his defensive prowess coming from Baltimore & if that's your calling card in Pags case & he falls flat on his face defensively having no answer for James Harrison at all for 4 qtrs that speaks volumes to me & what it tells me is that Chuck isn't the answer & that a change is mandatory in the offseason. 

Yes on this, we complete agree: On not budging on my stance & neither are you. That's a okay to me. 

57 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I need to take a relax because I point out that this coaching staff can't beat the Steelers in back to back seasons really? And Bill Belichick has nothing to do with our team...You obviously missed my point about the failure to adapt on Pagano's part or show any semblance of ability to stop the bleeding vs the Steelers CC1. How much time does Chuck really need to prove that he can get the Colts to a SB? 

If Pagano shows me something down the stretch that proves to me that INDY can handle their business outside the AFC South, I will reconsider my position, but right now, I want a new coach on the sidelines next year. 

Pags can only coach with the players he has. When the Colts defensive starters are all healthy and on the field together they do a good job. Last season the defense couldn't stop the run at all. It has been a lot better in that regards this season. Both the defense and the offensive line have suffered injuries. It is not Pagano's fault that the talent level is not deep. That has more to do with Grigs. Like I stated, the Colts problems run a lot deeper than Pagano and what he can do and cant do with the players available. As far as the Steelers and their offense there seems to be no other team in the NFL that can stop them so why do you hold Pagano responsible to do something no other head coach can do? The only reason they were slowed down this season was an injury to Big Ben. The Steelers have two of the best receivers in the league that no other team has stopped but you feel it's all on Pagano?

I tried quoting CC1's post, but it's not responding correctly right now. Here is my reply to what he wrote above:

Tom Brady always crushes the Steelers like clockwork in the regular season & post season so it's not like Pittsburgh is invincible. NE always made mince meat of Ryan Clark, Hines Ward, Jerome Bettis, & they know how to hold Big Ben in check. 

So, if any team has Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton, Martavis Bryant, & Sammie Coates it's over then? Throw up the white truce flag & concede defeat automatically? Come on, I thought the magic of sports was rising above adversity & finding a way to triumph despite past struggles. 

Why didn't Pagano have an answer for LB James Harrison who's been around a long time & isn't exactly a dazzling new superstar rookie with lightning fast legs at his advanced NFL age? 

Chuck has been here in INDY since 2012 what's he proven exactly? That he knows how to beat a luke warm division, go 11-5, & get steamrolled in the AFC Championship Game? Call me crazy, but if a HC can't get to the SB in almost 4 years why keep him? 

15 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Chuck was hired for his defensive prowess coming from Baltimore & if that's your calling card in Pags case & he falls flat on his face defensively having no answer for James Harrison at all for 4 qtrs that speaks volumes to me & what it tells me is that Chuck isn't the answer & that a change is mandatory in the offseason. 

Yes on this, we complete agree: On not budging on my stance & neither are you. That's a okay to me. 

I get it that you're ready for the axe to fall on Pagano, but you can't even make this statement without contradicting yourself.  Pagano is a defense guy, that you have correct, but how is that defensive prowess going to help him against James Harrison (who also plays on defense)?  Wouldn't that sort of criticism fall on somebody that has offensive prowess?  Because if you're ticked that they had no answer for Harrison, that needs to fall on somebody on the O side of the team.....or I guess in your case just default to chopping Chuck's head off

13 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I tried quoting CC1's post, but it's not responding correctly right now. Here is my reply to what he wrote above:

Tom Brady always crushes the Steelers like clockwork in the regular season & post season so it's not like Pittsburgh is invincible. NE always made mince meat of Ryan Clark, Hines Ward, Jerome Bettis, & they know how to hold Big Ben in check. 

So, if any team has Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton, Martavis Bryant, & Sammie Coates it's over then? Throw up the white truce flag & concede defeat automatically? Come on, I thought the magic of sports was rising above adversity & finding a way to triumph despite past struggles. 

Why didn't Pagano have an answer for LB James Harrison who's been around a long time & isn't exactly a dazzling new superstar rookie with lightning fast legs at his advanced NFL age? 

Chuck has been here in INDY since 2012 what's he proven exactly? That he knows how to beat a luke warm division, go 11-5, & get steamrolled in the AFC Championship Game? Call me crazy, but if a HC can't get to the SB in almost 4 years why keep him? 

Call me crazy, but if a HC can't get to the SB in almost 4 years why keep him?  :argh:  :wall:

:scorebad:         but Good for a laugh, TY!