Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos' Brock Osweiler to start versus Patriots

Shane Bond

Brock didn't turnover but he made situational blunders like taking sacks instead of throwing the ball away and the clock management in the 2 minute drill was a disaster.

I didn't see any of that game as it was on opposite the Colts. What was your opinion of Oswieler ?

Do you think it's highly unlikely he would continue to start even if Manning healed up enough to play. If Oswieler plays well and they have a playoff game in cold windy conditions .. wow is all I can say on that call. That's of coarse assuming Manning is mostly healthy and has played some football.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see any of that game as it was on opposite the Colts. What was your opinion of Oswieler ?

Do you think it's highly unlikely he would continue to start even if Manning healed up enough to play. If Oswieler plays well and they have a playoff game in cold windy conditions .. wow is all I can say on that call. That's of coarse assuming Manning is mostly healthy and has played some football.

To answer your question, Brock was named AFC Player of the Week, http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/11/25/broncos-qb-brock-osweiler-named-afc-player-of-the-week/36571/

Denver is also looking at signing a back up QB which means they will have 4 on the roster. Just from reading the tea leaves, I think Manning will no longer be the starter as long a Brock is healthy. I would think Manning would at least be the back up but now I am not so sure with Denver looking to sign another QB.

If Osweiler is winning, Manning won't see the field even healthy.

Some of the situational football he played were a disaster. Taking sack and losing 12 yards. Didn't help the punting unit and gave Cutler ball at a great position. And that 2 minute drive, he went to huddle??. This is where his lack of experience shows.

If Osweiler is winning, Manning won't see the field even healthy.

Some of the situational football he played were a disaster. Taking sack and losing 12 yards. Didn't help the punting unit and gave Cutler ball at a great position. And that 2 minute drive, he went to huddle??. This is where his lack of experience shows.

Sounds like a bit of "panic mode." I agree with you that it's now Oswieler's job to lose.

To answer your question, Brock was named AFC Player of the Week, http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/11/25/broncos-qb-brock-osweiler-named-afc-player-of-the-week/36571/

Denver is also looking at signing a back up QB which means they will have 4 on the roster. Just from reading the tea leaves, I think Manning will no longer be the starter as long a Brock is healthy. I would think Manning would at least be the back up but now I am not so sure with Denver looking to sign another QB.

Didn't know he was AFC player of the week. I agree with you and Shane that it's going to take bad play from Oswieler for Peyton to get the nod .

Didn't know he was AFC player of the week. I agree with you and Shane that it's going to take bad play from Oswieler for Peyton to get the nod .

That's just not what they're saying.

If Brock is the QB as Denver beats NE and San Diego and Oakland...The Broncos are still gong back to Peyton Manning for the playoffs.

You built the whole team around Manning and acquired players who specifically said they wanted to play with him.

If Peyton gets healthy (a big question), he starts by the postseason.

Just like when Andrew Luck gets healthy Matt Hasselbeck sits even if he's 'undefeated'

Its not going down any other way

That's just not what they're saying.

If Brock is the QB as Denver beats NE and San Diego and Oakland...The Broncos are still gong back to Peyton Manning for the playoffs.

You built the whole team around Manning and acquired players who specifically said they wanted to play with him.

If Peyton gets healthy (a big question), he starts by the postseason.

Just like when Andrew Luck gets healthy Matt Hasselbeck sits even if he's 'undefeated'

Its not going down any other way

I think that comparison is not quite a "just like"situation.

I think that comparison is not quite a "just like"situation.

Maybe. But the starter with the experience is the guy you go with on playoff teams.

Hasselbeck, even if undefeated, wont start over Luck

Osweiler, even if undefeated, wont start over Manning..

...if your shot at an NFL championship is hanging in the balance....you start the starter

..and the Colts and Broncos are both saying that.

Maybe. But the starter with the experience is the guy you go with on playoff teams.

Hasselbeck, even if undefeated, wont start over Luck

Osweiler, even if undefeated, wont start over Manning..

...if your shot at an NFL championship is hanging in the balance....you start the starter

..and the Colts and Broncos are both saying that.

I hear you. But I still have doubts if Oswieler is playing well and the Broncos are facing a cold windy playoff game. There , IMO, are a few outlaying factors in this decision... IF and only IF Oswieler plays well. Not saying you are wrong but if Elway feels Manning's arm is shot ,we could have a different ball game .

As far as MH over Luck . that one is pretty much impossible if Luck is healthy. For all the obvious reasons ...

..The only way Brock starts the playoffs is if Peyton tells the Broncos he cant go..

...Matt Hasellback has played in the Super Bowl as a starter..and you're right...Luck starts if he can go under all circumstances.

Denver is a team built to win this season....and 10 players are in Denver uniforms (Ware, Talib, Sanders Mathis, etc.)to play with Manning.

What do you tell them when you sit a healthy Peyton for a promising first time starter?

See? I just don't think Elway, who convinced Manning to come to Denver, wont ride with him if he says he can go.

I think you have to go with the young guy for the playoffs IF he keeps winning.

Peyton NEVER plays as well as Brock did vs. the Pats in a snow game in the wind and those conditions.

But, on the flip side......he's young. He could screw up. And the Broncos are in SB win now mode. It's not the Titans here. You want experience as well and it's easy to get romanced by a 2001 Tom Brady type of storyline.

However, sometimes you look at Peyton and you get Kobe Bryant vibes. The desire and mind is still there but the body is just failing.....

However we'll see what happens......and if Peyton can come back I hope he does it BEFORE the playoffs so you can see where he is at ahead of time in real game action again. Since in that Chiefs game he was bloody awful.

This isn't even the same to me as Hasselbeck and Luck. Hasselbeck is a 40 year old vet with huge experience and IF Luck isn't healthy by all means go with him as long as Luck needs to sit. But, if Luck is healthy and ready to go it's a no brainer to me and the Colts.

..The only way Brock starts the playoffs is if Peyton tells the Broncos he cant go..

...Matt Hasellback has played in the Super Bowl as a starter..and you're right...Luck starts if he can go under all circumstances.

Denver is a team built to win this season....and 10 players are in Denver uniforms (Ware, Talib, Sanders Mathis, etc.)to play with Manning.

What do you tell them when you sit a healthy Peyton for a promising first time starter?

See? I just don't think Elway, who convinced Manning to come to Denver, wont ride with him if he says he can go.

He plays the QB that he thinks gives him the best chance to win. It really is as simple as that. If the game calls for ar, strength over guile and IF Oswieler is playing well , I think he gets the start.

I heard Brock say that Peyton came down to the locker room at halftime with a list of things. He said Peyton really helped him. Whether or not anyone else is, it seems these two are on the same page as team players.

Almost all

Of his plays are from Peyton. He really

Did learn well.