Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans interested in Hue Jackson

RockThatBlue

Jackson did seem to be let go too early in Oakland to me. He has done well improving Dalton's game. With Hue calling plays like Mike McCarthy used to do in GB for Aaron Rogers, it could work well for Marcus. 

Dick LeBeau seems to have a good handle on Tennessee's defense too. I can't blame Jackson for jumping after the Titans job if it's vacant. Hue does deserve another sideline opportunity to run the show. 

My only reservation is how quickly ownership dumped Wisenhunt. Will they give Jackson a short leash to prove himself there too? 

As much as it bothers me that HC Marvin Lewis keeps his job with no playoff victories to his credit, I do respect Marvin & his program. Here's my point: Interview sure, but stay in Ohio because more job offers will come your way in another season or 2. The Bengals organization is well respected & given enough time, Hue should be able to call his own shot or get the vacancy he wants most in this league: Perhaps INDY even who knows.

Slightly off topic: 

When it comes to head coaching openings, I'm always perplexed & amazed that more candidates from either Ron Rivera's staff or Marvin Lewis's staff aren't taken. It took Mike Zimmer forever to land a job running the Vikings program. What the hades for? Brad Childress ran the show before Zimmer are you kidding me? That's insane. 

And why did it take Ron Rivera forever to get his opportunity too? He's a sharp defensive mind that might have beat the Colts in 2006 at the SB had Lovie Smith not told Ron to stop applying pressure to Manning. Plus, he won a ring in 1985 with the Bears so he knew what a Championship pedigree looked & felt like. End rant. 

For the record, I'm happy with the outcome that night in Miami. However, Rivera blitzing less was a huge benefit to INDY. I can't deny that fact. 

If the Bengals make the playoffs, only to get eliminated in the wild card round (I doubt they'll get a bye), I don't see how Marvin Lewis keeps his job. It's time to produce, and this time, he has the talent to do it. No more excuses.

Preach RMDY! Preach! 

I'm starting to wonder if Marvin didn't marry the owner's daughter or something. You're right on the money though. The honeymoon, good grace protection period has passed a long time ago. 

I always thought he got the axe too quickly in Oakland, and he came off as a likable guy on Hard Knocks. Seems like the type of coach that players would want to play for. The one thing that would give me reservation about Tennessee, if I was him, is that there are the rumors the team could be sold. New ownership usually causes some changes at first. Either way, the guy is definitely deserving of being a head coach again in the NFL.

I don't know what to think of this Bengals team. When they're good, they can be impressive. When they're bad, they are all around the floor god awful. 

I really want to pull for them cause they're an underdog team that has never won a SB, and hasn't won a playoff game since i was a young kid, but I won't be shocked at all if they get there and blow it. 

What's bad about their performance last week is that it was against the TEXANS of all teams, who could barely even score 10 points. All Cincy needed was a TD to win! 

I always thought he got the axe too quickly in Oakland, and he came off as a likable guy on Hard Knocks. Seems like the type of coach that players would want to play for. The one thing that would give me reservation about Tennessee, if I was him, is that there are the rumors the team could be sold. New ownership usually causes some changes at first. Either way, the guy is definitely deserving of being a head coach again in the NFL.

I believe he was let go when he appeared to make a power play after Al Davis died. That kinda sealed his fate when a new GM was hired. That's how I remember it anyway.....may not be totally accurate.