Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dorsett

Colts rock

For now Dorsett learns the O, practices his route running and sits on the bench unless he wants to contribute to the team by doing PR/KR work...unless he regards return duty as beneath him.

Why do you write stuff like that?

Everything about Dorsett is that he's a good kid.    There's been noting to suggest that he'd think anything is beneath him.

He had a terrible game returning punts against Buffalo.     Feel free to get over it.

Why you insist in finding the negative where there is none is beyond me..............

But at least you're consistent...

I think they would be served well to bring in at least one affordable veteran, but I agree we don't need to draft anyone at WR.  Sadly, we may need to draft one or two TE's depending on how contracts go and we need to draft an RB.  I wonder how long Elliot will last from Ohio St.?

Well if a WR is BPA on Grigson's board (provided he's still here) you can probably count on getting a WR.  Don't you know that's how you draft successfully?  It's been discussed ad nauseam around here.

Why do you write stuff like that?

Everything about Dorsett is that he's a good kid.    There's been noting to suggest that he'd think anything is beneath him.

He had a terrible game returning punts against Buffalo.     Feel free to get over it.

Why you insist in finding the negative where there is none is beyond me..............

But at least you're consistent...

Gosh sakes, man! Have you so soon forgotten what he said in training camp/pre-season...he likes to be running free down the field chasing passes, and he would do return duty but it wasn't his preference.

I am sure he is going to be very good some day, maybe next year...but right now he can't help out much, not even as much as Griff.

Gosh sakes, man! Have you so soon forgotten what he said in training camp/pre-season...he likes to be running free down the field chasing passes, and he would do return duty but it wasn't his preference.

I am sure he is going to be very good some day, maybe next year...but right now he can't help out much, not even as much as Griff.

Couple of points....

First,  I didn't read that in camp.    But, if you said you did,  then I believe you.    So, he said it.

Second,   and more important,  a player saying he'll do something but he'd prefer not to is NOT the same as a player viewing something as "beneath him" which is how you characterized it.    Those were your words.

And I think that's false.       Those two views are not the same.

Yours is completely different that Dorsett saying he'd prefer not to.

And that's my objection.     You put a spin on it that (A) wasn't necessary and (B)  wasn't correct.

The Colts still have 7 games to go...   I hope Dorsett can help us in some of those games.    Even if he doesn't help as much as Griff....

We'll need all the help we can get the rest of the way.....     (I hope we can at least agree on that....?)