Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We go 11-5 for 3rd place in AFC

indyspeed13

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I do respect most of your opinions and/or feelings on here towards the team's success (or lack thereof where the case may be) I can make up my own mind.

No one speaks for me on here or anywhere else for that matter on how I feel about the team. Good or bad. Sure, anyone will tell you that it sucks watching your team lose, but it is what it is. If I feel supporting my team when they're down, I will. Most of us already do.

Point is, no other fan will break my morale of my team, because I don't let it come to that. Those who try to maintain a positive outlook regardless can become disheartened by those who search for the worse in everything, even the good. But not me, it just fuels my yearning that much more.

Some on here come across in such a way that it appears as though their opinions are the only ones that matter. Know-It-Alls, even towards simple posts/comments/threads that don't require anything but a simple reply. They'd rather gain attention by having an arrogant, uppity response.

(That last paragraph is just for 'Likes')

Yep, I'm the same way!  Everybody is entitled to their opinions.  One thing I find particularly interesting is those people that think their opinions matter more.  Most of those people are ignorant anyways.  Especially the people who know it all and  like to get their punchline (shot) in when it's convenient.  However, if you try to start an intelligent conversation with them they don't reply (Because only their opinion matters) lol.

I'm talking about all of the negative nancy's on this forum!  Week after week (after losses) people were all doom and gloom.  If it wasn't for a handful of easily avoidable mistakes this team could very won all 3 of those games after the 3 game win streak, and also against Bills/Jets.  Chuck calls them (SINS) Self Inflicted Negatives, which is the root cause of most of our losses.  Pep was too conservative and perhaps didn't utilize strengths but this team quite literally is the same.  We are good, have been all year!  It's mind boggling how people think this team is sooooo different just because of firing Pep and we beat an undefeated team.  I think everybody's opinion would've been very different if we won against New England and Carolina (even if we still lossed to the Saints).  More of our fans would've never had the doom or gloom mentality.  Perhaps even calling us the best team in the league, if that were to happen!  All I'm saying is that people's perception is far off.  Just because we lost against good teams doesn't mean anything, nor does this 1 win against Denver.  The Colts "are who I thought they were" all along.  Very good, yet inconsistent until they repeatedly get over the SINS that they beat themselves!  Just watch, they may lose 2 games the rest of the season, but I'm saying only 1.  Doesn't mean they're the best team though, eventhough average fans looking at stat sheets and watching highlights or listening to opinionated anaylsts may cause them to think they are by (regular) seasons end!  Once the playoffs come, then we will see who they really are.  I for one won't be sold on them winning the SB until they quit SINning lol.  Although, I am definitely not going to count them out this year either, because the talent is there!

Just curious... with the news on Luck, are people allowed to be negative? 

Just curious... with the news on Luck, are people allowed to be negative? 

Seriously... NO!  Have you seen how this team bounces back when they face adversity?  Chuck having cancer, KC WC comeback, losing 3 straight (while hanging in there against 2 of the best teams), then beating arguably the best team this season!  This will only make this team work harder and better for facing adversity.  Every time their back is up against the wall they come out swinging and KO the heavyweight champs (as a metaphor).  I expect nothing different but to see the Colts at their best.  Hasselbeck is a good QB, as we've seen he can manage a football game and get the job done.  At this point it's next man up for QB and DE (Anderson).  Billy Winn has impressed me and TY McGill is hungry to show what he is made of.  Plus it doesn't hurt to have inspiration surrounding you!  I have a feeling the Colts will be just fine...  Still make the playoffs and perhaps when Luck is healthy, be ready to make a BIG playoff run.  They are bound to have a chip on their shoulder in January like they did this past Sunday against Denver.

So again to answer your question, there is no need to feel negative!  Have some faith, and if you happen to show up on Sunday "Bring The NOISE", because we may be down, but certainly not out :)  Luck will be back in time for playoffs.  I wouldn't want to play the Colts in the playoffs either...

Seriously... NO!  Have you seen how this team bounces back when they face adversity?  Chuck having cancer, KC WC comeback, losing 3 straight (while hanging in there against 2 of the best teams), then beating arguably the best team this season!  This will only make this team work harder and better for facing adversity.  Every time their back is up against the wall they come out swinging and KO the heavyweight champs (as a metaphor).  I expect nothing different but to see the Colts at their best.  Hasselbeck is a good QB, as we've seen he can manage a football game and get the job done.  At this point it's next man up for QB and DE (Anderson).  Billy Winn has impressed me and TY McGill is hungry to show what he is made of.  Plus it doesn't hurt to have inspiration surrounding you!  I have a feeling the Colts will be just fine...  Still make the playoffs and perhaps when Luck is healthy, be ready to make a BIG playoff run.  They are bound to have a chip on their shoulder in January like they did this past Sunday against Denver.

So again to answer your question, there is no need to feel negative!  Have some faith, and if you happen to show up on Sunday "Bring The NOISE", because we may be down, but certainly not out :)  Luck will be back in time for playoffs.  I wouldn't want to play the Colts in the playoffs either...

You seem to confuse the fact that people feel terrible about what happened to our young QB (I mean a lacerated Kidney can be fatal, in case you thought it was just no big deal... ) without 1st class health care and the fact that he's young, healthy and strong, he might be fighting for his life.  If I had a laceration on my kidneys, short of having a transplant, I'd be in critical condition.  The idea that they would put him back out there this year to win a stupid football game is concerning to say the least.  Optimism should be that he gets the time to heal and people have perspective that football isn't really worth THAT type of risk.  A knee isn't fatal... a kidney could be, at least, forever life changing in all ways and without first class care, which we assume he'll get, potentially fatal.   I asked you in sarcasm because prior to your post, I was very optimistic and even predicted the Colts would win against Denver and reach our potential.  You apparently think you are the self appointed policeman on how people should feel here.  Just a friendly wake up call that you're not.  So by all means, show your optimism, but keep your thoughts on what everyone else is allowed to do to yourself, we have enough attempts at thought policing going on as it is.  

You seem to confuse the fact that people feel terrible about what happened to our young QB (I mean a lacerated Kidney can be fatal, in case you thought it was just no big deal... ) without 1st class health care and the fact that he's young, healthy and strong, he might be fighting for his life.  If I had a laceration on my kidneys, short of having a transplant, I'd be in critical condition.  The idea that they would put him back out there this year to win a stupid football game is concerning to say the least.  Optimism should be that he gets the time to heal and people have perspective that football isn't really worth THAT type of risk.  A knee isn't fatal... a kidney could be, at least, forever life changing in all ways and without first class care, which we assume he'll get, potentially fatal.   I asked you in sarcasm because prior to your post, I was very optimistic and even predicted the Colts would win against Denver and reach our potential.  You apparently think you are the self appointed policeman on how people should feel here.  Just a friendly wake up call that you're not.  So by all means, show your optimism, but keep your thoughts on what everyone else is allowed to do to yourself, we have enough attempts at thought policing going on as it is.  

OK, perhaps I was confused on what you meant by feeling down, because you incorrectly stated your point!  By all means, be concerned about Andrew's physical well being.  That's a given, and goes without saying if somebody is injured, prayers and support is always needed.  Especially in the type of injury.  I'm not telling people how to feel about Andrew and sorry you feel that way.  Clearly, after reading my statement, one can assume I meant the morale TOWARD THE STATE OF THE TEAM!  I don't know how to be any more clear on that!

When it comes to the injury, it is a severe injury type, and in most cases (even if it was early on in the season), Luck would be done for the year.  However, I firmly do NOT believe that it is the most severe case of that particular injury.  I've seen an article stating that for one (it's a minor boo boo compared to what it could be).  I also think the fact that other players have lost an entire season with this particular injury and how Pagano states Luck WILL NOT play until 100%, but only lists him out 2-6 weeks is further evidence backing up my point here.  Obviously I'm no doctor, but nobody here has inside information.  I read between the lines and put puzzle pieces together to form my opinions, not just spew garbage out of my mouth.  So perhaps I'm wrong, but at least I show some critical thinking abilities in forming opinions!!

Also before calling me out understand what I'm saying as well.  I'm not telling people they can't have their own opinions AT ALL.  I'm just saying it's almost silly to continue this doom and gloom stuff looking at everything involved in this season up until this point in time (and knowing how resilient this bunch can be from prior history).