Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Really Mallett, really?

Cynjin

They have a better offense and defense, yet they lost to the Colts and their 40 year old second string qb.

Seems legit

By a mere seven points when they had a chance to tie or win the game at the end.

Yeah, your logic astounds once again. I'll take numbers over one-liners any day.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. But we were discussing the meaning of being better as a whole, not concerning just the Texans and Colts. And that was what I was finding issue with.

I'm not even comfortable with the use of the word "better" when we're talking about two teams playing as poorly as the Texans and Colts, to be honest. But the Texans are definitely worse than the Colts right now, full stop. 

By a mere seven points when they had a chance to tie or win the game at the end.

Yeah, your logic astounds once again. I'll take numbers over one-liners any day.

Most games in the nfl are decided by 7 points or less.

And you can post whatever numbers you want. But the fact that you lost in your house to a 40 year old backup QB is the only thing I need to see.

I'm not even comfortable with the use of the word "better" when we're talking about two teams playing as poorly as the Texans and Colts, to be honest. But the Texans are definitely worse than the Colts right now, full stop.

I don't know about that. There seems to be a lot of instability and bad coaching in play here. Neither team is performing up to expectation but I suppose Texans fans will believe their team is doing better and Colts fans will think the same about their team. I guess we'll see who stands out and gets better as the season goes on.

Most games in the nfl are decided by 7 points or less.

And you can post whatever numbers you want. But the fact that you lost in your house to a 40 year old backup QB is the only thing I need to see.

Pulling things out of your behind again. You got a source for that first statement? As to the second I'm not surprised. You really don't know how to have a debate that makes sense. That much has been clear for a while now.

I don't know about that. There seems to be a lot of instability and bad coaching in play here. Neither team is performing up to expectation but I suppose Texans fans will believe their team is doing better and Colts fans will think the same about their team. I guess we'll see who stands out and gets better as the season goes on.

What kind of expectations did the Texans have, outside of Houston?

The Colts had high expectations because they have recent success, they have a franchise QB, and they have a lot of talent on offense. So far, we've played like garbage, but that can change. The Texans still have Brian Hoyer, one skill position player, and a full-time 1,000% DL whose effort couldn't stop the Dolphins from hanging 41 points on them in the first half. JJ Watt and DeAndre Hopkins can't really play any better than they already are (which is really good, by the way). Andrew Luck can definitely play better. If/when he does, this isn't even close.

Texans < Colts

I doubt it. Your team is much worse than I thought they would be. If there was 1 season where you guys should be leading in the Division again it's this one. We are struggling but cant give that 14-0 record up at home against your Texans

Things are definitely odd this season. What would be more strange than the Texans beating the Colts at home for the first time ever? I read somewhere that a team could lose all their division games and still make the postseason. So wins against other teams is going to be a big factor here in terms of who becomes the next AFC South champion.

Things are definitely odd this season. What would be more strange than the Texans beating the Colts at home for the first time ever? I read somewhere that a team could lose all their division games and still make the postseason. So wins against other teams is going to be a big factor here in terms of who becomes the next AFC South champion.

I am just having fun with you but I am sure you and all Texans fans would love to come in here and finally beat us. Our whole Division is whacky. I just don't see it again because your QB situation stinks, Arian is out for the year, and what puzzles me is your Defense is bad. By the way I hope Arian recovers he is a hell of a runner.

What kind of expectations did the Texans have, outside of Houston?

The Colts had high expectations because they have recent success, they have a franchise QB, and they have a lot of talent on offense. So far, we've played like garbage, but that can change. The Texans still have Brian Hoyer, one skill position player, and a full-time 1,000% DL whose effort couldn't stop the Dolphins from hanging 41 points on them in the first half. JJ Watt and DeAndre Hopkins can't really play any better than they already are (which is really good, by the way). Andrew Luck can definitely play better. If/when he does, this isn't even close.

Texans < Colts

Hopkins isn't our only skill position guy. Hoyer distributes the ball to other guys too. Shorts and Washington have shown they can play well. Polk has looked okay in relief of Foster too(though not in volume stats) and defenses (as we saw especially against the Colts) can't hope to stop Hopkins. Our defense is not what us fans had hoped obviously but that secondary has shown some bright spots. They are far and few but nothing that will prohibit us from winning the division. We've played like garbage too, but as we saw in the last game we match up well against the Colts. I'll believe it when I see it as far as Andrew is concerned. He could be playing scared Ala the David Carr syndrome which could be affecting some of his throws and his hesitation. He's a good quarterback, but until he starts playing like we are used to seeing I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt that he will just start crushing teams and scaring defenses again. I still say the Texans are better.

Hopkins isn't our only skill position guy. Hoyer distributes the ball to other guys too. Shorts and Washington have shown they can play well. Polk has looked okay in relief of Foster too(though not in volume stats) and defenses (as we saw especially against the Colts) can't hope to stop Hopkins. Our defense is not what us fans had hoped obviously but that secondary has shown some bright spots. They are far and few but nothing that will prohibit us from winning the division. We've played like garbage too, but as we saw in the last game we match up well against the Colts. I'll believe it when I see it as far as Andrew is concerned. He could be playing scared Ala the David Carr syndrome which could be affecting some of his throws and his hesitation. He's a good quarterback, but until he starts playing like we are used to seeing I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt that he will just start crushing teams and scaring defenses again. I still say the Texans are better.

NbDxMRE.png

;)

...and still averaged 8 yards per catch. Defenses can adjust if they like, but they still haven't stopped the likes of Julio, Green, Brown, Johnson...Hopkins isn't going to just suddenly start being unproductive just because he didn't have 100 yards receiving for one game.

Defenses have figured out Brown. The strategy involves wounding Big Ben badly enough that the Steelers have to start Vick.

Defenses have figured out Brown. The strategy involves wounding Big Ben badly enough that the Steelers have to start Vick.

Good point. And I'm sure I had something to do with Ben getting hurt myself. He's on my fantasy team, and that usually doesn't go well for the involved player....that would explain Andrew's problems too...