Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I don't think Our O-Line is as bad as everyone says

Freeupfreeney

The blinders you talk about are completely inexcusable. How do you even get to the college level and not know this stuff? If I get the time in the next couple weeks I'll go back to some of those games last year and look at our play calling then for a comparison. Also from what I've read he didn't have a whole lot of play calling experience and none in the NFL. The last two weeks almost look like he still thinks he's at Stanford.

No NFL play calling experience, but he was the OC at Howard for three seasons, then worked 7 years on NFL staffs, then spent three years with Stanford, two as the OC/play caller (Shaw did some play calling also, situationally), and then came to the Colts. He's worked for a lot of smart coaches, and he's had some success. It's not like he could have played QB through college, then worked as a coach for over 20 years, and not know this basic stuff. 

And this is not Stanford Pep. Stanford Pep relied on the running game and the TEs. I don't know who this Pep is.

I really wish the Raiders had hired him.

lol, ok...i dont understand your point? and i am not meaning to come across as combative, but- is it that your opinion goes against others opinions so thats the point?

wouldnt any "greatest ever" debates be solely based on opinion as opposed to facts anyway?

i just dont see a point to the posting unless it was simply to spread negativity or to bait someone to argue?

* i may have fallen victim to option 2...but i am not looking to debate anything...just to understand the intent behind the post.

thank you

It was meant with a funny tone but I didnt add any emoticons. I should have.

Why they diverted from the 2 TE jumbo set that was working so well vs the Jets, I'll never know. They could've ran that set all day and driven up and down the field with hardly any issues. The run was working, play action was working, receivers were open, the pocket was solid, etc. Then they get into the red zone and decide to try and "trick" the defense with a couple of exotic formations, the drive stalls, Vinatieri misses a FG, air goes out of the balloon. 

Exactly! It's like Hamilton is trying way too hard.

This unit definitely isn't "Elite", Luck has been hit 54 times last in the league. The second most is the Jets at 39. But, we have only allowed 2 sacks, tied for 3rd in the league.

What an enigma???

Why don't I blame the O-line. Because game 1 we were exposed. We came into this season overly confident in our offense ability to dominate in the air...it didn't happen. Not a lot of slants, outs or curls. There are a lot of lengthy drawn out plays, lots of streaks and post. Because Our O-line isn't elite, we cannot depend on the talent level at receiver to execute those plays.

Game 1 we finished the first half with 20 passes and like only 3 rushes.

We are beating ourselves with the bad play calling, and our O-coordinator, Luck and head coach appear to be missing this fact. The secondaries we faced week 1 and week 2 are good enough to slow us down, we did not adapt, nobody was open, the line couldn't hold up against the constant blitzing that long, therefore they looked weak.

I think, considering the talent of the front 7 they faced in the first 2 weeks, they did surprisingly well. If we ran more, and dunked to our TE more and targeted shorter throws and instead of trying to be the 07 colts, Luck would not have been hit nearly as much.

What do you think?

Given the defenses we've played, it's almost as if the play calling has fed right into their strengths...It also has seemed as if the opponent has put more effort into studying our weaknesses than we have theirs...Preparation and game planning have just seemed lackluster...