Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 things colts must do

MarquisJ

In my eyes the colts defense last night was great until they got gassed at the end, young is good loved henry and parry!

1.Anyways Josh Robinson has to go asap Varga is better, sign Ball or bring up duron carter

2.More Frank gore/Crief/Varga/TEs

3.better playcalling/decisions

As you see not a lot of problems because I think the colts have just been unfortunate we are so use to blown plays by a defense hitting ty deep and comebacks and Donald brown fumbling on the one while Andrew luck picks it up and supermans into the endzone. This team is far from great but this also isn't a bad of a team as people make them out to be; just been very unfortunate. We have been a couple plays away from changing both of those games!! its week two R-E-L-A-X

1. Get healthy

2. Cut down on penalties and turnovers

3. Expand the offensive playbook to use more 3 step drops and get rid of the ball faster when needed

Just those 3 will get us where we want, at least against the AFC South.

Too add to your points..

2. We also need better preparation.  The team looks lost early consistently.

3. We severely need to add TE back into the playbook with Luck actually looking to throw the outlet underneath instead of eyes straight downfield.  I'm pretty sure I saw Fleener wide open after releasing from his block several times last night and Luck either chunked it 20 yards or took off running.  

Also have you noticed that Luck takes off more now?  He doesn't escape and reset.  If he leaves the pocket its usually for a run.  That was worrying.

Only thing I disagree with is your #1. Robinson is fine! He has played well! He fumbled once in his first game. Oh well! He's a rookie. He is a good hard runner who I'm pretty sure might have a decent ypc average right now! It was his second NFL game. Varga is also good. All 3 are fine. More or less offensive line issues besides the fore fumble.

Mine:

1.) Interior offensive line must be changed. Luck can't step up in pocket. Has to scramble around every play to try and find an open receiver.

2.) Penalties have to cut down/stop. It was terrible last game. Offensive line is the biggest problem with the penalties.

3.) Better offensive play calls. We ran a couple shotgun runs on 3&2 last night and it didn't pick them up. Either pound it or pass it. Shotgun runs on short yardage situations have killed the Colts lately. Plus there were plenty more terrible play calls.

Too add to your points..

2. We also need better preparation.  The team looks lost early consistently.

3. We severely need to add TE back into the playbook with Luck actually looking to throw the outlet underneath instead of eyes straight downfield.  I'm pretty sure I saw Fleener wide open after releasing from his block several times last night and Luck either chunked it 20 yards or took off running.  

Also have you noticed that Luck takes off more now?  He doesn't escape and reset.  If he leaves the pocket its usually for a run.  That was worrying.

That is because his mental clock has been sped up due to years of bad OL play. So even if the OL is holding up fine, he thinks he has to rush. Plus, when the play design does not give him enough underneath outlets, it is hard for him to find too many open guys. This is the same pattern Peyton ran into because he was in love with Harrison and Wayne for the longest time before Clark came along.

That is how Belichick played Peyton in his early years because Peyton would not take checkdowns. At least Peyton checked to hot routes in the cases of blitzes and once he started taking checkdowns in the playoffs, success came for us. Luck is no different but we would like to think we'd learn faster from the mistakes of the past, I guess not.