Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Charile Johnson signed by Vikings ((merged))

John Dee

If the guy didn't feel like the colts weren't giving him the type of dollars he thought he was worth then there's the door. You cant tell me the Vikes offered that much more to be a backup on their team. They have two solid tackles so unless he is going to unseat one of their guards I'd be shocked if he makes very much cash. I have a feeling this is more about getting back at the colts than whats best for CJ. Sounds like some bad advice from his agent IMO.

I fully expect AC to the best starting LT opening day.

In his limited action last year Link showed that a) the game is not too big for him (good thing), b) he is not ready to play consistent minutes (bad thing). And, IMO, there is no way possible for a smart, 4 year starter from a major college program can be worse than Link.

I fully expect AC to the best starting LT opening day.

In his limited action last year Link showed that a) the game is not too big for him (good thing), b) he is not ready to play consistent minutes (bad thing). And, IMO, there is no way possible for a smart, 4 year starter from a major college program can be worse than Link.

I agree, but somebody has to blink first and get this kid into camp. They simply can not afford to play hardball with this guy and have him miss all of training camp.

I agree, but somebody has to blink first and get this kid into camp. They simply can not afford to play hardball with this guy and have him miss all of training camp.

Interesting how people get mad when a player holds out for more money, unless they really like the player. Castonzo will have to fall in line with what happens with the rest of the late first rounders. Whatever happens with 18-21 is likely to happen with AC, and I get the feeling they'll all be signing contracts that don't guarantee that 4th year.

What you're advocating is allowing player agents to hold teams hostage for rookie draft picks, which is exactly why the league instituted a rookie scale in the first place.

I agree Castanzo needs to get into camp but I don't think it's playing hardball, I just think they are trying to determine what is going to be acceptable for this range of draftee.

Only one person in this "grouping" has signed. I think they are just waiting to see if that 5th year is going to be included(at this part of the draft) or not. because what the teams do this year is going to set the precedent for future years.