Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why were referees allowing Buffalo to crown?

Pacergeek

Walden got called for roughing the passer when, IMO, he led with his shoulder and made incidental helmet-to-helmet contact. Frustrating.

I thought it was a good call but more than once I did see the Bills defenders leading with their helmets and no flags.  I haven't see that one call that much in a very young season my guess is that it's gotten shuffled back in terms of a point of emphasis. 

I thought that defensive players using their helmets as weapons was not allowed? Sure seemed the Buffalo players were leading directly with their heads on several tackles. Only penalty that got called was the one on Andrew Luck

The Bills made some outstanding tackles. We didn't get many yards after contact.

The Bills made some outstanding tackles. We didn't get many yards after contact.

Agreed. One of the few points the commentators got right. Outstanding tackling. Our guys did not have any room to breathe IF they caught the ball.

Now to the officiating, we got a few breaks. I'd be more curious as to whether this will be the norm for the season. Unusual if it is considering the emphasis on player safety.

Triple checked and did not see anyone blaming the refs. Not sure where that came from.