Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lock Of The Week

danlhart87

I'd have to say a close second would be Jets over Browns. That Browns offense is not going to be doing much, IMO. When Revis and Cromartie are playing together, the Jets will be a different team with that D-line. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick will not mess it up like Geno Smith, IMO. 

Just remember the first four weeks of the season are completely different from the last 3 quarters of the season. Teams are fresh, and this is when changes in personnel, strategy from new coaches really come into play. Once you get into October, and especially November is when you will see the teams who truly are superior.

Right now everyone loves the Jets, because the off season moves. When is the last time you saw free agency actually work really well. The Jets have completely changed the chemistry of that team from last year. Chemistry takes time, especially on the offense, and in the defensive backfield. Yes Revis is still great, but Cromartie before he went to Arizona for one year had really declined. Do you think the safeties are really good, and will mesh?

Also when I look at the Jets, especially on offense, who is going to stretch the field for them. Smith is a rookie and hurt. The team is going to have to have long drives to score, which is difficult for a journey QB.

Buffalo is the same. New coach, totally new schemes. The defense should be very good, but once again chemistry. Also, Tyrod Taylor. He fits what the Bills want to do, but has thrown 36 passes in the league, no TD's and 2 interceptions I believe. He will get some nice plays out of his legs, but do you think he has mastered the progression of receivers, and staying in the pocket. Just think about what he was like in College. I can't believe he even made it to the NFL. Yes players get better with time, but once again, no QB will be a problem I believe.

Just some thoughts about how I approach what look to be locks.

One caveat: Miami is a lock. Washingtons OL, and Miami's defensive line. Cousins is going to be running for his life. I will agree fully with Miami over Washington. It would be my choice in a suicide pool.

You seem to really like the Jaguars. Whether you support Bortles, give a bold prediction here or defend them elsewhere, you seem to be a big fan of them. Are you a Jaguar fan from their forum on Colts.com?

Not at all, just like the Jaguars to beat the Panthers this week. By no means am I predicting them to have a winning season, just like them for this game

Not at all, just like the Jaguars to beat the Panthers this week. By no means am I predicting them to have a winning season, just like them for this game

Ok, I didn't mean to come across as rude, you just seemed like you were a bit of a jaguar fan based on some posts. I think that game will be close, but not a lock. Benjamin is out for the Panthers, but Julius thomas is out for the Jags. It's a pick em game for me at this point.

What about the jags would make them a lock against any nfl team

Nothing really, I just didn't want to state the obvious locks so I'm making my previous bold prediction for week 1 a lock. Just have confidence in this pick, I think the Panthers are going to be bottom feeders in the NFC this year