Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good Bye Chargers, Hello Jaguars?

shakedownstreet

no. both must stay both have loyal fans. Making an LA team will make a fake fanbase. All LA fans of every team are spoiled and sucks same goes for new york. Neither deserve crap. Move the jets if anyone

Regardless, L.A. is going to have a team. Expansion or not. Los Angeles is still the #1 market in the country. Get where you're coming from, however, get used to the idea. A number of possibilities exist. St.Louis, Jacksonville, San Diego, are all still in the fray. Shifting & expansion are all in the mix as well. Whatever else develops, the NFL is going to the City of Angels. Too much cabbage and marketability to not go there. If anyone else has heard different, should would like to know.

The Rams' return will reignite their fan base to an extent.  If the Raiders return, the same will be true.  

The Raiders should somehow (and I'm not educated on agreements/deals etc) work something out to lease and share Levi Stadium with the 49ers....just a thought, if they cannot get a deal done with Oakland or make the move to LA.

I don't see moving the Chargers as a smart move for the ownership. Although they began there, I don't see LA welcoming the Chargers if the potential exists for the Rams or Raiders are coming.  If they do move, they'd need to move to a city that doesn't have the NFL roots that LA has in terms of having a team previously.   Portland, Birmingham (although both cities are probably more loyal to the NCAA teams-the Ducks and the Crimson Tide, respectively).   The best option is to figure something out to keep them in San Diego or at least SD County.  

The city of Jacksonville, unless the Jags turn it around, may be without a team.  You shouldn't have to build a swimming pool in the stadium to get people to come to the games.  

Just my two cents.

Whatever fanbase they think is going to be loyal in LA, they are in for a surprise- It's a Laker town full of people who migrated from other areas and retain their loyalty to their original teams. There's a reason two franchises left there in the first place...SD has a pretty loyal fanbase. You have heavy support out in Southeast, Oceanside, Escondido, El Cajon. A lot of these people, including my brother, are not going to drive 80 miles in traffic to Carson.

The Rams' return will reignite their fan base to an extent.  If the Raiders return, the same will be true.  

The Raiders should somehow (and I'm not educated on agreements/deals etc) work something out to lease and share Levi Stadium with the 49ers....just a thought, if they cannot get a deal done with Oakland or make the move to LA.

I don't see moving the Chargers as a smart move for the ownership. Although they began there, I don't see LA welcoming the Chargers if the potential exists for the Rams or Raiders are coming.  If they do move, they'd need to move to a city that doesn't have the NFL roots that LA has in terms of having a team previously.   Portland, Birmingham (although both cities are probably more loyal to the NCAA teams-the Ducks and the Crimson Tide, respectively).   The best option is to figure something out to keep them in San Diego or at least SD County.  

The city of Jacksonville, unless the Jags turn it around, may be without a team.  You shouldn't have to build a swimming pool in the stadium to get people to come to the games.  

Just my two cents.

I agree with the idea of the Chargers staying in San Diego....but the big $$$$ of a move to L.A., if it does indeed materialize....will be too much for Spanos to not split for Carson. It's too bad the Spanos family and the City of SD couldn't get the deal done over all these years.

IMO....the best case scenario from a fan base standpoint would have the Rams moving back to L.A., and everyone else stays put.

All the reasons why the NFL thinks San Diego would be a good spot for Jacksonville's team

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/sports/Good-Bye-Chargers-Hello-Jaguars-323460171.html

I thought LA wanted a winning franchise on the west coast? Sunshine, sand, seashells, & Jacksonville? It's bad enough that the Lakers suck now why pour salt into an open wound? It seems barbarically cruel for CA fans to me. Okay, I do like their QB in Blake Bortles & their defense can no longer be dismissed or ignored anymore.

If the Jags do relocate, please tell me that their new stadium design will scrap those foolish adult pools in the stands please. It's like the owner hired a dropout stoner who works at Chuck E Cheese to put those dumb things in or something. JMO. If you're gonna bring the Jags out to the west coast, why not pair them up with the Cleveland Browns too? Let's see if 2 wrongs make a right shall we. Sorry, my bad. I couldn't resist that joke. 

Just out of curiosity, does Jacksonville have any season ticket holders that routinely attend every home game? Yep. That's what I thought. It's a rhetorical question isn't it? We all know the answer to that 1 don't we? 

Jacksonville is one of the worst big cities of Florida, if not THE worst. They don't even deserve a football team, considering bands can't play there that are too provocative cause there is so many churches there, and they get together and have protests against bands, meanwhile running newspapers with homophobic rants about how the "end times" is coming due to gay folks existing. 

If you're in Florida, take my advice and keep going south of Jax. It gets better once you get out the bible belt. A lot better. Tampa Bay is beautiful, and the music scene is so crappy, any good band can dominate. All you have to do is not suck (and gig regularly, and put up good shows) 

The Jags are as atrocious as that city, they should stay there. I don't want to see a potential team that can post a better record than 4-12 shining there. 

I agree with the idea of the Chargers staying in San Diego....but the big $$$$ of a move to L.A., if it does indeed materialize....will be too much for Spanos to not split for Carson. It's too bad the Spanos family and the City of SD couldn't get the deal done over all these years.

IMO....the best case scenario from a fan base standpoint would have the Rams moving back to L.A., and everyone else stays put.

The Rams aren't going to go without a legal battle.The city has already approved a new stadium. The owner wants to move them because he wants to sell the team and they would be worth a ton more in LA in a new stadium but it ain't going to happen in my opinion. He has a very viable stadium option in STL already and I don't see the league letting him move unless STL gets a team. The only issue is I don't think there are many teams that would be willing to move there as I don't think it would be a lucrative organization but I could be wrong if someone gets desperate. I just think the NFL makes him stay.

I still think in the end Chargers/Raiders share a stadium in LA. I don't like the thought of moving the Chargers but I don't see them making any progress on a new stadium. Ideally to me would be if Jax moved to STL and Rams/Raiders shared LA with Chargers staying put. It would fit in so many ways.

The Rams aren't going to go without a legal battle.The city has already approved a new stadium. The owner wants to move them because he wants to sell the team and they would be worth a ton more in LA in a new stadium but it ain't going to happen in my opinion. He has a very viable stadium option in STL already and I don't see the league letting him move unless STL gets a team. The only issue is I don't think there are many teams that would be willing to move there as I don't think it would be a lucrative organization but I could be wrong if someone gets desperate. I just think the NFL makes him stay.

I still think in the end Chargers/Raiders share a stadium in LA. I don't like the thought of moving the Chargers but I don't see them making any progress on a new stadium. Ideally to me would be if Jax moved to STL and Rams/Raiders shared LA with Chargers staying put. It would fit in so many ways.

Not a bad option there....Oakland has had their fair share of time to figure out a stadium deal too...and there are plenty of Raiders fans in L.A.