Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tebow Fined For Billboard

That Guy

Like many places around the NFL, the Broncos' QBs have an informal system in place that allows them to fine each other for different infractions, whether funny or serious. Late for a meeting? That's a fine. Say something dumb? That's a fine, too. Each fine is tallied on a board -- and everyone pays up at the season's end.

The above is a quote from one of those articles. Perhaps my reading comprehension is lacking; because, I didn't see anything in either article to implicate that the NFL at large fined Tebow or to indicate that these so-called "fines" were of a monetary value.

It sounded more to me like a friendly (or sometimes not) little game that some QB's play with one another. The article never even told us what those fines were. Could be something just like 10 pushups for every infraction.

My thought is that these articles were written merely with the intention of :stir: and calling more attention to the upcoming game.

Like many places around the NFL, the Broncos' QBs have an informal system in place that allows them to fine each other for different infractions, whether funny or serious. Late for a meeting? That's a fine. Say something dumb? That's a fine, too. Each fine is tallied on a board -- and everyone pays up at the season's end.

The above is a quote from one of those articles. Perhaps my reading comprehension is lacking; because, I didn't see anything in either article to implicate that the NFL at large fined Tebow or to indicate that these so-called "fines" were of a monetary value.

It sounded more to me like a friendly (or sometimes not) little game that some QB's play with one another. The article never even told us what those fines were. Could be something just like 10 pushups for every infraction.

My thought is that these articles were written merely with the intention of :stir: and calling more attention to the upcoming game.

You may be right but that could come back and bite them in the behind so to speak. We all see how Ryan's mouth helps him in games. :clap:

I read something about this the other day. This whole thing is just dumb. Its like saying they are going to arrest a player because someone committed a crime somewhere while wearing that player's jersey, and that player didn't come out and say "I had nothing to do with it." How can a player control what the fans decide to do? Dumb. Just dumb...

I think some of you are missing the point. I believe shecolt is on the the right track with this. The QBs have an informal system - kind of a hazing system - that they use and there aren't any specific rules. Tebow was "Fined" by the other QBs on the team. The team didn't fine him, the NFL didn't fine him.

This is really a non-story folks.