Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So...do the Pats still win their division?

LordHelpOurColts

They do not have the best offense is the afc nor the best offensive line.

I mentioned Gronk going down, because unlike Luck, he has an injury history dating back to college.

how many AFC title games in a row have they played in? They may not have the best but we certainly can't keep them under 40 points with or without Gronk. They consistently end up in the top 10 with Brady all the time. Sure this year could be different but until I see that play out on the field I'm going to trust Tom to get it done. He knows how to just win....guy has been to 6 SBs....I'm hoping this is the year we get over the top but we have to earn it. Like in 06 we have to beat the best to be the best....and Tom and NE is that team in the AFC....those that want an easy way to the top by hoping Brady's suspension keeps NE out of the playoffs to me shouldn't call themselves football fans. new England play some incredible beautiful high level football. As a fan of the game I love to watch Tom or Peyton or Ben because of the level of football we get to see. Makes for exciting football and hopefully it will be our time to take over at the top.

They do not have the best offense is the afc nor the best offensive line.

I mentioned Gronk going down, because unlike Luck, he has an injury history dating back to college.

ESPN insider ranked the Pats offense as #1 even factoring in Brady missing games. Adding Chandler with Gronk will basically make the offense unstoppable in the red zone. And the Oline was plenty good enough the second half of last season and into the post-season and they have added the beast from FL State to boot.

The issue as always will be the defense. I can't even think about the secondary as it makes my slightly ill but have to trust Bill will have competent guys back there. Front 7 could be the best in the conference easily.

ESPN insider ranked the Pats offense as #1 even factoring in Brady missing games. Adding Chandler with Gronk will basically make the offense unstoppable in the red zone. And the Oline was plenty good enough the second half of last season and into the post-season and they have added the beast from FL State to boot.

The issue as always will be the defense. I can't even think about the secondary as it makes my slightly ill but have to trust Bill will have competent guys back there. Front 7 could be the best in the conference easily.

they kill you with a million little paper cuts. Then with gronk in the red zone.....he could have 20 tds this year if he is healthy for a whole year IMO. That line always comes around...and they constantly go up against some of the best front 7s in football in the AFC east....buffalo, Miami, and Ny...they are prepared when they get to the playoffs after those guys....colts look like cupcakes. I do think they are going to have to win some more shootouts but bill will blitz more...be more creative with some zone schemes and he doesn't have to do much to get one over on the qbs they face in that division. SB will still go through NE....just maybe not Foxboro.

how many AFC title games in a row have they played in? They may not have the best but we certainly can't keep them under 40 points with or without Gronk. They consistently end up in the top 10 with Brady all the time. Sure this year could be different but until I see that play out on the field I'm going to trust Tom to get it done. He knows how to just win....guy has been to 6 SBs....I'm hoping this is the year we get over the top but we have to earn it. Like in 06 we have to beat the best to be the best....and Tom and NE is that team in the AFC....those that want an easy way to the top by hoping Brady's suspension keeps NE out of the playoffs to me shouldn't call themselves football fans. new England play some incredible beautiful high level football. As a fan of the game I love to watch Tom or Peyton or Ben because of the level of football we get to see. Makes for exciting football and hopefully it will be our time to take over at the top.

Every yr is new yr and that's what I go buy. The patriots will probably win the division, but I think it will be a dog fight that keeps them from the #1 seed.

I always remember all the media guys picking the Pistons to beat the Bulls back in Phil Jackson's first year. Why? Because of their track record. Well, you are the best until....suddenly, you're not.

ESPN Insider? I couldn't care less what they have to say. They were praising the TRich trade couple yrs ago. The Steelers should have the best offense in the afc and maybe the whole NFL.

Brady and the offensive philosophy protect the Oline. Hell, Vollmer would get whipped a lot more often if he actually had to block longer than 1.5 seconds lol. And don't you guys have a couple new guards to break in?

I don't know what you are seeing with the pats front 7. It will probably be the worst in the division.

they kill you with a million little paper cuts. Then with gronk in the red zone.....he could have 20 tds this year if he is healthy for a whole year IMO. That line always comes around...and they constantly go up against some of the best front 7s in football in the AFC east....buffalo, Miami, and Ny...they are prepared when they get to the playoffs after those guys....colts look like cupcakes. I do think they are going to have to win some more shootouts but bill will blitz more...be more creative with some zone schemes and he doesn't have to do much to get one over on the qbs they face in that division. SB will still go through NE....just maybe not Foxboro.

That Oline always came around....when Dante Scarnecciah was the coach. That's not a sure thing anymore.

ESPN Insider? I couldn't care less what they have to say. They were praising the TRich trade couple yrs ago. The Steelers should have the best offense in the afc and maybe the whole NFL.

Brady and the offensive philosophy protect the Oline. Hell, Vollmer would get whipped a lot more often if he actually had to block longer than 1.5 seconds lol. And don't you guys have a couple new guards to break in?

I don't know what you are seeing with the pats front 7. It will probably be the worst in the division.

The Pats have been in the top 3 for offense every year for the last 5 seasons or so with a couple of #1s in there. They have added a significant weapon in Chandler to go alongside Gronk. The Oline will be just fine as it was last year after everyone got worked in the first month. You may be right about the Steelers overall but their defense is not good at all.

LOL - I would take the Pats front 7 over any team in the AFC ... not their backend though.

That is great point about the Pats being battle tested from the defenses in the division. I think that is one of the biggest reasons why they did so well in the post-season last year. It will be the same this year with Miami even better with Suh.

I don't think it's even much of a question.

Unless Garrapolo is completely terrible and they go 0 - 4 I think they win the division quite easily.  2-2 Is more then good enough record for Brady to bring home a division win.

Bills suck, Jets suck - I'm sorry they just do, they don't have a quarterback.  They can have great players at every other position if they want, it won't matter.  No QB 

Only big threat is the Dolphins and they havn't been able to put it all together and be much better then mediocre even with Tannehill.

To seriously threaten their division crown Brady would have to be suspended for 8 games or more and I think even then they win the division.  

It came around last year without Dante and won a championship ...

When they benched the young guys and put in the guys Dante had coached for a number of yrs. Not saying the new coach isn't good,I have no idea, but it usually takes a yr or 2 for cracks to start showing.

I don't think it's even much of a question.

Unless Garrapolo is completely terrible and they go 0 - 4 I think they win the division quite easily.  2-2 Is more then good enough record for Brady to bring home a division win.

Bills suck, Jets suck - I'm sorry they just do, they don't have a quarterback.  They can have great players at every other position if they want, it won't matter.  No QB 

Only big threat is the Dolphins and they havn't been able to put it all together and be much better then mediocre even with Tannehill.

To seriously threaten their division crown Brady would have to be suspended for 8 games or more and I think even then they win the division.

Didn't the jets pound the patriots in the playoffs with Mark Sanchez at the helm? With Greg roman running the offense I think they are going straight old school and pound the rock all game....keep it close and you never know. Kinda like they didn't when Rex actually had a decent roster.

The Pats have been in the top 3 for offense every year for the last 5 seasons or so with a couple of #1s in there. They have added a significant weapon in Chandler to go alongside Gronk. The Oline will be just fine as it was last year after everyone got worked in the first month. You may be right about the Steelers overall but their defense is not good at all.

LOL - I would take the Pats front 7 over any team in the AFC ... not their backend though.

You know the team better than I, but we will have to revisit the patriots front 7 subject later in the season. For the life of me, I don't know what you are seeing.

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, August 5, 2015 - irrelevant post, concerning poster emotional status.
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, August 5, 2015 - irrelevant post, concerning poster emotional status.

Jacksonville.

Texans.

Titans.

6 freebies.

Bills and Jets both have better defenses than any AFCS team.

you are a sad person aren't you?

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, August 5, 2015 - Quote hidden post
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, August 5, 2015 - Quote hidden post

you are a sad person aren't you?

Personal shots, eh, MODs? I was temp banned for nothing compared to this.

Jvan, are you ever going to bring a single fact to the table, or are you honestly saying that the AFC South is good outside of the Colts?

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, August 5, 2015 - Quoted hidden post
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, August 5, 2015 - Quoted hidden post

Personal shots, eh, MODs? I was temp banned for nothing compared to this.

Jvan, are you ever going to bring a single fact to the table, or are you honestly saying that the AFC South is good outside of the Colts?

not a personal shot. It was a question.

not a personal shot. It was a question.

I'm still rejoicing over the AFCCG, and the amazing SB win. The witch hunt hasn't stolen a single moment of joy.

I'm still rejoicing over the AFCCG, and the amazing SB win. The witch hunt hasn't stolen a single moment of joy.

yeah, clearly. The incoherent rants in the other thread kinda points to a bit of excessive behavior over the whole ordeal

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 4, 2015 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, August 4, 2015 - personal shot

Clearly, u probably aren't even upset about being a virgin anymore

When they benched the young guys and put in the guys Dante had coached for a number of yrs. Not saying the new coach isn't good,I have no idea, but it usually takes a yr or 2 for cracks to start showing.

They did just the opposite actually. They benched the center, Dante's guy, in favor of the rookie Brian Stork and that made all the difference as that is when the line gelled.

You know the team better than I, but we will have to revisit the patriots front 7 subject later in the season. For the life of me, I don't know what you are seeing.

Across the line they have Jones, Easley, Malcolm Brown. Behind them they have Sheard (who can also play line and has already been impressive in TC), Nickovich (led the team in sacks last year), Hightower, Mayo and Jaime Collins.

Anyway you slice it that is an impressive 7 that can both bring the heat and cover.

Now the backend is a different story which is why the Pats right now are below the other divisional teams defensively, no question.

Didn't the jets pound the patriots in the playoffs with Mark Sanchez at the helm? With Greg roman running the offense I think they are going straight old school and pound the rock all game....keep it close and you never know. Kinda like they didn't when Rex actually had a decent roster.

I don't think they pounded them regularly.  Getting one win in here and there is meaningless.  

And for the record Mark Sanchez > Geno Smith

Jets suck, Bills suck.  I'll be surprised if either of these teams win more then 4 games.  They certainly arn't going to threaten the Pats division crown.  Honestly you could suspend Brady for the season and I'd still give the Pats a slight edge right now.  Great defenses don't do you a heck of a lot of good without a quarterback to make your offense decent enough to sustain a few drives.

They did just the opposite actually. They benched the center, Dante's guy, in favor of the rookie Brian Stork and that made all the difference as that is when the line gelled.

I know stark was in their, but didnt they bench the two guards early in the season?

I don't think they pounded them regularly.  Getting one win in here and there is meaningless.  

And for the record Mark Sanchez > Geno Smith

Jets suck, Bills suck.  I'll be surprised if either of these teams win more then 4 games.  They certainly arn't going to threaten the Pats division crown.  Honestly you could suspend Brady for the season and I'd still give the Pats a slight edge right now.  Great defenses don't do you a heck of a lot of good without a quarterback to make your offense decent enough to sustain a few drives.

Beating the patriots in the playoffs, on the road, isn't meaningless.

Meh, geno has showed about as much potential as butt fumble.

The bills won 9 games last year...... why would you think they will get worse?

Across the line they have Jones, Easley, Malcolm Brown. Behind them they have Sheard (who can also play line and has already been impressive in TC), Nickovich (led the team in sacks last year), Hightower, Mayo and Jaime Collins.

Anyway you slice it that is an impressive 7 that can both bring the heat and cover.

Now the backend is a different story which is why the Pats right now are below the other divisional teams defensively, no question.

The only ones I find impressive are Jones, Collins, and Nickovich.....and I'm not sure any of them keep you up at night.