Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pereira Vs Gruden

DILLIGAFER

I was just about to post this haha. I don't like Pereira. Every week, he goes on Fox and describes to fans how the officials are right. I have never seen him say that the officials got a call wrong. I even remember one week where Pereira was trying to explain a rule and he kept stuttering and mumbling, as though he was completely making stuff up. From what I've seen, Gruden knows more than the other guys they have with him on MNF and I like listening to Gruden talk more than I like listening to Pereira talk

Gruden is a bit of a loud mouth, and Pereira may be technically right, but come on Pereira it may be in the book, but that doesnt make it right. Pereira talking about Grudens mouth is rich considering he quit his 'dream job' to be on TV and run his mouth. Then we can get into the instant replay expansion, tuck rule etc all under Pereiras watch, If I were him, I wouldn't be quick to start calling out coaches.

Why? Because he correctly pointed out that Gruden was off base?

Aww, there you are.. i was waiting for you.

Thats your OPINION

My opinion is Pereira was wrong to call Gruden out like that. Pereira has been wrong on many occasions himself. You would know something about that. <3 haha

Edited by 21isSuperman
Mod edit: personal shot

Aww, there you are.. i was waiting for you.

Thats your OPINION. One of these days perhaps you will realize that. But i doubt it.

My opinion is Pereira was wrong to call Gruden out like that. Pereira has been wrong on many occasions himself. You would know something about that. <3 haha

When has Pereira been wrong? Methinks you just threw that out there.

He supported, and correctly so, calls that the officials made. They were correct. You can argue about the merits of the rules, but as they are written, Gruden was off base.

When has Pereira been wrong? Methinks you just threw that out there.

He supported, and correctly so, calls that the officials made. They were correct. You can argue about the merits of the rules, but as they are written, Gruden was off base.

Half the time when he shows up on Fox. He even says it himself sometimes... "oh looks like I'm wrong here" or "I have been wrong before". This guy isn't perfect. He needs to keep his mouth shut; Gruden knows what he's talking about and if he makes one mistake you can't call him out on it and call him a blowhard.

Perera is a bum. This guy gets 2 minutes of Tv time each week, and he thinks he's the sheet. Jon Gruden is a great coach and an awesome commentator, who knows so much about the game. Pereira should keep his mouth shut.

So when Gruden spouts off about a proper call, that is OK. And Pereira, you know the NFl rules guru, should just accept the fact that Gruden got it wrong and broadcast incorrect info?

So when Gruden spouts off about a proper call, that is OK. And Pereira, you know the NFl rules guru, should just accept the fact that Gruden got it wrong and broadcast incorrect info?

I think your missing the point. The argument isnt about who is more correct more often, its how Pereira handled it. Going out and calling Gruden a blowhard among other things. Both have been wrong, but you dont hear Gruden calling Pereira names. It was childish and reckless.

Did Gruden's incorrect call effect the broadcast? No. Pereira shouldn't go out there and call a guy a "loudmouth" and a "blowhard" for something that happened many years ago. It seems like Pereira can't get over that. Pereira should maybe say something, but making an article on his site saying what he did is too far and immature. Pereira should keep it to himself sometimes. Plus, Gruden can call him out on the wrong calls Pereira has made, but he doesn't.

I think your missing the point. The argument isnt about who is more correct more often, its how Pereira handled it. Going out and calling Gruden a blowhard among other things. Both have been wrong, but you dont hear Gruden calling Pereira names. It was childish and reckless.

Agree that it was in poor taste to call him out. Not sure why he went to the level he did but still, in this instance, Pereira and the NFL crew got the call right. So I did not have a problem with him challenging Gruden.

If it was a Fox announcer Pereira would not have said a word, but he got to take a shot at an ESPN guy so he took it.

I really do not care if technically Pereira is right I am still on the side of Gruden. Some of those calls on Monday were so ticky tack and if they are going to call the game that way they might as well just turn the game into flag football.

The one hit that the linebacker put on Colston while playing zone was a good hit a year ago, but now because of this defenseless receiver rule almost any hit on a WR could be called that when they are trying to catch the ball. What was the linebacker supposed to do, just let him catch the ball and make a move and the wrap him up? Give me a break.

Perera is a bum. This guy gets 2 minutes of Tv time each week, and he thinks he's the sheet. Jon Gruden is a great coach and an awesome commentator, who knows so much about the game. Pereira should keep his mouth shut.

Andy, too bad Gruden is wrong on occasions, and that is the basis of the problem . . . and as a color commentator he is supposed to know what the rules are and not sound like a fan who has bias' and doesn't know all of the rules and how they are administered . .. at the fundemental basis of the colorman for sports broadcast is to know the rules and of the game, it is not that complicate . . . i blame as much ESPN for not screening and updating its color commentators to stay abreast of the rules . . .

you are a broadcaster whom is entrusted to give an educated and in sightful analysis of the game and the rules and not some fan or player complaining or not "understanding" a call . . . leave the belly aching and misinterpertation to the fans, players and coaches . . .

I love watching Gruden call MNF. He is so firey and passionate, it's as it he is still coaching from the play by play booth.

Pareira does a darn good job I'll give him that. He has an answer/explanation for everything as outlandish as it may seem at times. Not a big fan though, I hate how he refuses to accept any blame for his officials' errors.