Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Exodus's (first ever) Mock Draft

Well, I'm trying to get better when it comes to pre-draft stuff, and I see this as the best place to start.

To begin, I took in to consideration what the Colts need. Safety, D-line help, Linebacker (depending on who you talk to), and O-line (also depending on who you talk to).

ROUND 1: With the 29th pick, we trade it to the Bears. In return, we get their second round pick, and a fifth round pick. In case anyone was wondering, the Bears jump up to beat the Patriots to Arik Armstead. The Bears are in desperate need of some pass rush help, and get it in Armstead.

ROUND 2: 1) Jake Fisher (OT). Honestly, I thinks the Colts do need help on the O-line. Especially with Cherilus being an unknown now. Plus, if Cherilus doesn't work this season, we can cut him and save a ton of money going into 2016

ROUND 2: 2) Paul Dawson (ILB). I'm sold on Dawson, and have been for some time. Once again, this is a thinking about the future pick. Freeman is a FA in 2016, DQ isn't getting any younger, and we have no idea how Nate Irving will work out

ROUND 3: Josh Shaw (CB). The dude was a baller at USC. He was their star corner back, and was pegged as a potential first round pick. Well, as you can guess, off the field issues have him here. I think we’d be silly to pass on him if he was still on the board here.

ROUND 3: We trade back into the third with the Patriots. They get our fourth, and the fifth we received from the Bears. Here we take Darren Smith (S). I watched some stuff on him, and I think this is just a solid pick here. Good pick good value

ROUND 5: We finally get some D-line help in Derrick Lott (DE/DT). He’s a project pick who could really pan out for the Colts

ROUND 6: We get more D-line help in Deion Barnes (DE), and more secondary help in Tray Walker (CB)

ROUND 7: At this point, is should just be BPA, but I have us taking Deion Smith (DE) and Mike Orakpo (OLB)

Not bad, I just think we could get a bit more than a 2nd and 5th for 29. I could see a 2nd and 3rd, if we add in a 5 or something small. But nothing less than a 2nd and 4th. For the the picks I like them a lot. Fisher is a solid OT, could slide in and start next year. Same goes for Dawson. Could be a great starter with a redshirt year. It also does well for our DB's. I like Shaw and Smith too, would be a good pairing. Both can play S, and would be good role players on our D. My only concern would be DL. Good work though, nice mock.

Not bad at all, I like the picks and where you have them. I think moving back to that spot in the 2nd would be a great place to take Fisher. I like Dawson a lot I have been a big fan of his ever since I watched his tape. Shaw was a good player for USC and he could be a good corner but I see even a better S than a corner there. I like Derron Smith, he was asked to do a lot in Fresno State's defense since there wasn't many big time players there and he had to do a variety of things for them so a solid pick up there. I really like the Lott pick in the 5th I believe he could really be something in the NFL. I really like this mock draft and where you selected the players. The only problem I have is that when we trade back with the Bears I believe we could get more than just a 5th.

I think we'd probably get a 3rd round pick from the bears for the trade up. A 4th round pick at least. Arik Armstead is not a great pass rusher and would be a risky pick for the Bears.

I agree we still need work on the line but I don't want to spend what is essentially our 1st round pick on a backup who still needs work.

I don't like Paul Dawson. I believe he had some character stuff in the past.

Josh Shaw was a baller but is complete * off the field. Pass.

I Derron Smith at S. Could be our single high safety of the future. Only thing is he is likely going in the 2nd.

Thanks for the input everyone. As I stated, this was my first ever mock, and I had trouble placing value on our 29th pick. I tried the best I could, but just settled with the 5th rounder. I personally would have loved a higher pick, as there were more players I felt could have been taken to give the Colts some help.

Id be pretty dissipointed if those were are first 2 picks

It's funny that you say that, because I'm the exact opposite. If these were our first two picks, I'd love it.

Its funny how certain people latch on to certain players (myself included)

It's funny that you say that, because I'm the exact opposite. If these were our first two picks, I'd love it.

Its funny how certain people latch on to certain players (myself included)

that's true I just think we really need to get a D lineman in either the 1st or 2nd and if we did go ILB I'd want Kendricks