Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the Seahawks go to their third straight Super Bowl?

Flash7

I also think that the overall response to the call will tell the most about the Seahawk's destiny. Pete may have lost the team after that. This wouldn't be the first very talented team to give up because of 1 coaching decision either, and no matter how much raw talent is in a room, you're looking at a losing season if the coach has lost them.

Now...if the team reassembles after that call then nothing will ever stop them. I don't know about 3 straight SBs but I could see a 3rd one somewhere in the next 10 playoff runs.

It's tough to get to the Super Bowl once.  Win or lose, the next season starts with a short season and above average competition for players and coaches.  The team that takes the field is a little older, a little less rested, and a little less healthy.  It's a great feat to get back in consecutive years.  If Seattle gets back for a third straight year, that will be amazing.  They shouldn't get there, but I wouldn't bet against them.  The Hawks beat a lot of great teams on their way to the Super Bowl.  Of course they can do it again.  If ever a Super Bowl rematch seemed inevitable to me, this is the year.  The ending just left too much to settle.

I also think that the overall response to the call will tell the most about the Seahawk's destiny. Pete may have lost the team after that. This wouldn't be the first very talented team to give up because of 1 coaching decision either, and no matter how much raw talent is in a room, you're looking at a losing season if the coach has lost them.

Now...if the team reassembles after that call then nothing will ever stop them. I don't know about 3 straight SBs but I could see a 3rd one somewhere in the next 10 playoff runs.

I think what will be interesting to watch is the dynamic between Pete, Lynch and Wilson. Wilson is due to get his large contract and it is obvious that the Seahawks want Wilson to be the face of the franchise as their highest paid player at the most critical position. So what I am interested to see is what happens every time Seattle throws when it seems like an obvious run situation or if there is a game where Wilson throws a lot more than Lynch gets carries. I think it is within these scenarios that we will be able to tell the mindset of the team and if they have moved on from the SB and if Pete is working with a clean slate.

Also, with the signing of Graham that is pretty much a bell ringer for Seattle looking to emphasize the pass game more.

It's hard to predict who will go to the SB, especially before the season starts. I do think they have a real good chance to make another SB appearance. I also think Green Bay gets there again sometime soon, so they be the one to keep Seattle from 3 in a row.