Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles are serious on Bradford, best since Peyton!

ColtsBlueFL

Don't get your knickers in a bunch yet (did I get that right Steel City Colt?  LOL)  The Eagles considered Bradford the best young QB since peyton to emerge from college. These statements were made when Eagles evaluated Bradford in 2010, well before Luck was ready for the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000481421/article/eagles-had-2010-sam-bradford-on-par-with-manning?campaign=Facebook_atn_wesseling

They are still high on him. Couple of quotes-

"Again, we felt like to get a player of Sam's caliber, it wouldn't have happened unless he was injured."

"Multiple teams have placed Bradford's value as greater than a first round pick."

I believe Mariota is not that important in the Eagles plans for 2015.

There's no way Sam Bradford is on equal footing with Peyton Manning that statement is beyond ridiculous. 

"The best young quarterback we'd seen ... probably since Peyton Manning coming out of college." Jeffery Lurie knock it off. 

For starters, to be deemed elite like #18 is, you have to be durable, available, & upright & when was the last time he played a full season? Complete nonsense Jeff. 

True but the Eagles where under different management then.  

Still with his injury history you have to wonder.  Honestly I think the Rams got the better end of the deal here.  They are another team that doesn't need their starter to be very good because they have a very strong defense.