Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is There Really A Point To Hiring Any Coach Under Peyton?

bap1331

We need a coach that is in charge. One with a level of authority over the quarterback whether that is Manning, Luck, Barkley or anyone else. We need a coach that points the team in a direction and can take it there. We need a coach that when faced with something unique in the middle of the game can address it. Of course most coaches are limited to either being an offensive or defensive coach and he needs to hire a solid coach for the side of the ball that is not his specialty.

We need a coach that is in charge. One with a level of authority over the quarterback whether that is Manning, Luck, Barkley or anyone else. We need a coach that points the team in a direction and can take it there. We need a coach that when faced with something unique in the middle of the game can address it. Of course most coaches are limited to either being an offensive or defensive coach and he needs to hire a solid coach for the side of the ball that is not his specialty.

and one that doesnt look like hes lost during the game (aka Jim Caldwell)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• In this case, fans were clearly more informed than the media. I know I did not understand how the Bears could give up so much to move up just one spot for someone who seemed so mediocre.
    • If Bowers is gone one of the reasons I’d be happy with Colts trading down and acquiring an extra pick in the 2nd or 3rd is I’d like to see them grab a LB like Wilson.  Having 4 picks in the first three rounds would allow Ballard to address some key positions that need depth. 
    • Man I am ready for some combine news, to get things more exciting and more information on draft prospects. Of course soon after we get into the free agency news swarm, I love the offseason but the time between the super bowl and combine seems to take forever.
    • You brought up a good point about number of years starting in college.   http://www.optimumscouting.com/news/1st-year-starters   Cam Newton, Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins, Mark Sanchez, Mitch Trubisky, now AR   These are all 1 year starters in college.    Josh Allen, Mahomes, Watson, Lamar, Herbert, even Carson Wentz (the injury changed everything for him), Burrow, Stroud 2 or more years of starting in college.    It takes a lot to get a 1 year starter ready for the next level. 
    • I get the Addison comparisons a bit with body type but maybe Steve Smith feels coaching can teach someone to run routes even as a burner. I compare Troy Franklin to a taller DJax that folks had to give a cushion due to speed thus allowing comeback routes and the occasional double move or if it’s single safety high, a possible post move based on where the safety is.   Legette, he has only 1 year of production vs Metcalf in college, that’s the comparison that I don’t agree with. But Franklin is definitely worth the upside at No.46, no doubt    I see Adonai Mitchell catching style like MVS. If it hits you in the numbers, you are a body catcher and will bring it down but if your catch radius is tested a bit more and it’s not a perfect ball in stride like Mahomes threw sometimes, you’re not going to come down with it.    
  • Members

• twfish

twfish 1,840

• Grewich

Grewich 3

Rookie
    • Solon

Solon 200

• dw49

dw49 1,240

• KB

KB 1,000