Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We just missed on getting a Elite RB

The Colts are going "all in NOW" they are NOT risking their future ...      on OLD players they are shoving in on the NOW with a few older dudes.      NE does it every year....   Can't beat em ... join em....   

Only issue I have is the D still needs work ...  and a lot.       I do like Cole tho.    But the O will be DYNAMIC  And when Indy adds TC it will be damn near nuclear. 

JMO

Gore's value will become OBVIOUS in one specific area once games start getting going. ..  He is an EDGE Type pass blocker.  

Gore will be a mainstay on third down, and I totally expect Indy do draft an early down back.     

We shall see.      But I actually LOVE this move, just need to spend a 2 or 3 on Frankies replacement.

Check out Gore's durability (knock on wood) vs DeMarco Murray's over the last 4 years, that is why you have to like what we paid.

However, the long term young and hungry ones might still end up coming from the draft. So, I won't dismiss the possibility of a wide out or RB that is of value in rounds 3 and beyond.

Imo, if Gore didn't change his mind about signing in Philly we would have acquired Demarco Murry!

It may still work out ok if we draft one of the top backs and share the workload with Gore. I`d love if Coleman is still there for us in the 2nd rd.

Yeah but if we don't get Gore than we wouldn't get AJ either.

Gore is really one of those different type of backs....he gets yards when there is little there. He finds small creases and gets through them....he leans forward always looking to go north and south. He is older but he has very good legs and we all knows running backs are only as good as long as their legs hold up. He kinda has that Stephen Jackson longevity to him. Do I think he is that home run franchise back..no but he should get us that 4yd avg keep us ahead of the sticks and in managable down and distance. Another thing is he is GREAT in pass protection...I mean really darn good...that ain't no little thing in this offense. I do expect us to get another back in the draft but I don't see why we would pay in the 8-10 million dollar range for a runner when we see every year several young backs come in and produce and backs on their second contracts fail to produce. Guy is rugged and doesn't miss games...takes care of his body and especially his legs....I like us to add a nice complementary back in the draft and move on from the Trent era. Can't let one mistake scare you into inaction...we had to address it and we weren't afraid to make a move....I'm proud of Grigs.

That is all I want from a back in this offense is a 4ypc avg and a move the sticks on 3rd an 2 kinda guy who can pass block and pass catch on occasion. Why everyone feels we need a homerun threat at the RB position and Luck throwing to 4.2 speed wr's all the time haven't any idea how to build an NFL team for the long haul. You have to mix the parts to make a team better. If all you have is speed, teams can devise defensive game plans around that easier than mixing in a bruising RB and a speed guy with a faster TE and a few hands type slower route runners and allowing Luck to make them all shine. We are not in Madden at the COlts level, it isn't the recipe for winning in todays game. Premier players at each skill position is something a team can't afford with a cap.

Any * with vision can be an elite running back behind an elite line. You know what else an elite line does? Keeps Andrew upright. I'll take the line, thank you very much.

A good RB also knows how to stay in and block when he doesn't have the ball (read: pass plays) acting as another offensive lineman to make the line look even better.

Team games with multiple interworking parts are fun to speculate on.