Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ryan mathews to the eagles

CR91

Oliver's slated to be the starter I'd guess, with Woodhead as the backup/receiving back. Brown as the 3rd back. But if I'm San Diego I'm drafting a back in the 2nd or 3rd. Abdullah, Coleman, Johnson Ajayi, etc.

I can't see that.  I believe we will be drafting or acquiring a #1 rb.  Oliver has a lot of potential, but I would be concerned about durability as a #1.  I would love to see myself proven wrong, he is a BEAST who is hard to bring down and has repeatedly fought for the extra yards and gotten them with 2 or 3 people on his back.  Amazing for a little guy.  

That said... I look forward to seeing him run behind a revamped OLine with 6'9" King Dunlap, 6'7" Orlando Franklin and 6'5" DJ Fluker (don't remember the other guys stats).  Peek - a - boo!  Try to find me ;)

oliver's slated to be the starter I'd guess, with Woodhead as the backup/receiving back. Brown as the 3rd back. But if I'm San Diego I'm drafting a back in the 2nd or 3rd. Abdullah, Coleman, Johnson Ajayi, etc.

they might grab gordon or gurley in the first.  they want to put a big name runner with rivers to make one more run before he retires

A lot of horrible moves that will assure Chip Kelly and crew are fired soon. LOL.

Yeah, if the Eagles don't make it to ten wins this year I think Kelly will be looking for another job sooner rather then later. But maybe he's a genius and we've yet to see the end result yet...lol.

I'm having flash backs to when Josh McDaniels systematically dismantled the Broncos.  I don't think this ends well for Philly fans in the long run.

Yet Josh got rid of the problems....added their future with JT, DT, Decker, Harris, Clady....I mean he really only screwed up with the Tebow thing...and that was enough to get him fired...but honestly he put together a nice cast of guys. Chip has WAY more power and I like the moves he made....I liked them a lot until the Murray signing.

Yeah, if the Eagles don't make it to ten wins this year I think Kelly will be looking for another job sooner rather then later. But maybe he's a genius and we've yet to see the end result yet...lol.

Why??? They weren't a good team last year....they really weren't even a great team when the made the playoffs on the back of a rookie qb playing over his head and behind a new offense no one had seen. They overachieved...Chip realized this and has been rebuiding the roster since. He is doing the right thing...Philly is just the hardest place to do this sort of thing....way way too sensative fanbase.

Why??? They weren't a good team last year....they really weren't even a great team when the made the playoffs on the back of a rookie qb playing over his head and behind a new offense no one had seen. They overachieved...Chip realized this and has been rebuiding the roster since. He is doing the right thing...Philly is just the hardest place to do this sort of thing....way way too sensative fanbase.

Yeah, for the most part I have liked his moves myself, but he has been quite active in shopping off players that fans love and who have been productive on the team. Combine that with their fears that Chip may ruin their Draft by giving up too much to move up for Mariota and I can see why frustration can boil over if the Eagles fail to make noise again this year. I think they have what it takes to make the postseason again though, but I don't have a lot of faith in Bradford staying healthy all year.

Yeah, for the most part I have liked his moves myself, but he has been quite active in shopping off players that fans love and who have been productive on the team. Combine that with their fears that Chip may ruin their Draft by giving up too much to move up for Mariota and I can see why frustration can boil over if the Eagles fail to make noise again this year. I think they have what it takes to make the postseason again though, but I don't have a lot of faith in Bradford staying healthy all year.

I have WAY more faith in Bradford being a franchise qb someday than Foles....not that either will but his skill set and football iq is still much better than Foles. He was rookie of the year...had a good season going in 2013 before the ACL sidelined him. I think Chip knows he fits his system much better than Foles...he knew what he had and it wasn't a fit. Worse case scenerio its a 1 yr deal and he moves on....best case...he is healthy shows the form that made him #1 pick and rookie of the year....or he is trade bait to get Chip what he wants.

And I don't know what the Philly fans want...another 8-8 season with Mccoy and cast...they aren't good now....they had to get better. Its a tough town and I get you don't want to go a decade of 10-72 like the sixers and stock pile to just get rid of youth but Chip desearves some time to work his magic.

I have WAY more faith in Bradford being a franchise qb someday than Foles....not that either will but his skill set and football iq is still much better than Foles. He was rookie of the year...had a good season going in 2013 before the ACL sidelined him. I think Chip knows he fits his system much better than Foles...he knew what he had and it wasn't a fit. Worse case scenerio its a 1 yr deal and he moves on....best case...he is healthy shows the form that made him #1 pick and rookie of the year....or he is trade bait to get Chip what he wants.

And I don't know what the Philly fans want...another 8-8 season with Mccoy and cast...they aren't good now....they had to get better. Its a tough town and I get you don't want to go a decade of 10-72 like the sixers and stock pile to just get rid of youth but Chip desearves some time to work his magic.

Yeah if Sam can stay in one piece then he' a franchise guy no doubt. Chip has come out and said that he didn't bring him over to be bait though, so I guess we will see if he keeps his word. I agree with you that Chip deserves time to get things done, but it's going to be up to management to give him that time.