Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andre Johnson asks to be cut or traded

snkdy

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure thing. Seems I've been hearing that for years

You had to wait a whole day before you could deliver another one of your stupid one liners. You would've looked even sillier then usual if Andre had signed with the Chargers instead.

You had to wait a whole day before you could deliver another one of your stupid one liners. You would've looked even sillier then usual if Andre had signed with the Chargers instead.

But he didn't. I guess your close personal relationship with him steered you the wrong way. He took less money than the chargers offered him to sign here.

But he didn't. I guess your close personal relationship with him steered you the wrong way. He took less money than the chargers offered him to sign here.

What close personal relationship? Enjoy overpaying that old, used pick-up truck lol. He isn't going to be nearly what the Colts need to get propelled to the Super Bowl.

What close personal relationship? Enjoy overpaying that old, used pick-up truck lol. He isn't going to be nearly what the Colts need to get propelled to the Super Bowl.

7 million a year for a guy that had 85 catches from garbage qbs? Yeah, that's not overpaying.

Yeah I just read that a few minutes ago hah. Swearinger is terrible and Clowney just can't catch a break, on the field and off of it lol! We're going to have to make him the bubble boy.

Where did you get bitten ?

And the entire Texans team is going to be motivated to show him what happens when you sign with a hated nemesis.

sour-grapes-make-the-best-whine.jpg

Hey, I get it. But you have to know that this is good for us, and bad for you. Sorry Qwiz. If the Texans had signed Reggie in 2012, I'd be irritated. But your guys pushed him off the truck, we just scooped him up.

Hey, I get it. But you have to know that this is good for us, and bad for you. Sorry Qwiz. If the Texans had signed Reggie in 2012, I'd be irritated. But your guys pushed him off the truck, we just scooped him up.

A better comparison would be Peyton Manning going to play for the Patriots (assuming Brady retired or was traded in 2012). That's the level that this situation is on. I honestly wouldn't have even commented on anything today if not for the guy who loves baiting me and trying to get reactions. I wish I could say that I'm happy for Andre but it would be a lie. Depending on how all this goes, I think I will still look forward to the day when he retires in the jersey he was meant to retire in.

A better comparison would be Peyton Manning going to play for the Patriots (assuming Brady retired or was traded in 2012). That's the level that this situation is on. I honestly wouldn't have even commented on anything today if not for the guy who loves baiting me and trying to get reactions. I wish I could say that I'm happy for Andre but it would be a lie. Depending on how all this goes, I think I will still look forward to the day when he retires in the jersey he was meant to retire in.

He's a Texan. We're renting him. I'm sure the organization will do the right thing when he hangs it up.

I don't think AJ to the Colts rises to the level that Manning to the Pats would have, but like I said, I get it. 

I don't think Andre has anywhere near the level of play left in him right now as Reggie had in 2012.

I don't think Andre has anywhere near the level of play left in him right now as Reggie had in 2012.

Based on what?

WR A: 33 years old, 85 catches, 936 yards, 3 TDs

WR B: 33 years old, 75 catches, 960 yards, 4 TDs

Edited by Superman

I have no idea. It was not a position of need that's for sure. Someone to go over the middle, yeah. But outside WR? no.

You're crazy. Andre still has some left in the tank, it was a good signing. Believe it or not, the Colts did need a WR. :)

Reggie had a career year in 2012, was MVP of that team helping to bring Luck along in his rookie year and a post-season birth. Do you really expect that type of production out of Johnson?

Reggie had a career year in 2012? What exactly do you mean? He had a great year, yes, but wasn't his best year as far as production goes.

2004: 1210yds and 12tds

2005: 1055yds and 5tds

2006: 1310yds and 9tds

2007: 1510yds and 6tds

2008: 1145yds and 6tds

2009: 1264yds and 10tds

2010: 1355yds and 6tds

2012: 1355yds and 5tds

Those were all solid years

Reggie had a career year in 2012, was MVP of that team helping to bring Luck along in his rookie year and a post-season birth. Do you really expect that type of production out of Johnson?

he had 85 catches and over 900 yards with terrible qb play. He will catch a lot of balls next year. It will be the first season in his career where he isn't the go to guy. He won't see many double teams. And to your other point, we was a need.

You probably missed my edit. Point was that Reggie in 2011 and AJ in 2014 were pretty much identical, statistically speaking. And the same age. If Reggie could break out in 2012, no reason AJ can't. 

And he can play the same slot/move position that Reggie did. Kubiak moved him around a lot more than he moved last year. 

I don't expect the same level of production from him as we got from Reggie. We have other weapons, and hopefully a better run game, compared to 2012. But a veteran receiver who will have an impact is huge for us. It's really like replacing Reggie, or as close as we could get.

he had 85 catches and over 900 yards with terrible qb play. He will catch a lot of balls next year. It will be the first season in his career where he isn't the go to guy. He won't see many double teams. And to your other point, we was a need.

He wasn't the go-to guy last season either.

You probably missed my edit. Point was that Reggie in 2011 and AJ in 2014 were pretty much identical, statistically speaking. And the same age. If Reggie could break out in 2012, no reason AJ can't. 

And he can play the same slot/move position that Reggie did. Kubiak moved him around a lot more than he moved last year. 

I don't expect the same level of production from him as we got from Reggie. We have other weapons, and hopefully a better run game, compared to 2012. But a veteran receiver who will have an impact is huge for us. It's really like replacing Reggie, or as close as we could get.

Sure, maybe. I just don't see Johnson in the same league as Reggie as a receiver. Reggie is one of the greatest of all time. Andre has been great but not Reggie-great. lol.

Reggie had a career year in 2012? What exactly do you mean? He had a great year, yes, but wasn't his best year as far as production goes.

2004: 1210yds and 12tds

2005: 1055yds and 5tds

2006: 1310yds and 9tds

2007: 1510yds and 6tds

2008: 1145yds and 6tds

2009: 1264yds and 10tds

2010: 1355yds and 6tds

2012: 1355yds and 5tds

Those were all solid years

When I said career year. I meant one of his career years but I would put 2012 as his very best even if the stats are not his best because he did it with a rookie QB.

So do you like this signing ? It's another old dude but he did give V Davis fits...