Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Garcon To 1,000 Sunday

oldunclemark

To gain 1,000 yards receiving on a winless team that went through 3 'challanged' quarterbacks...

.when you never gained 1,000 with Peyton Manning..

..would be the oddest thing to happen this year...wouldnt it?

Pierre Garcon Stats, ...

espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11439/pierre-garcon

#85 - WR - Indianapolis Colts

11439.png REC YDS TD Regular Season 60 851 6 Career 178 2423 16

Some already know how I feel, but I'll reiterate, there is nothing special about Garcon. The fact that he MAY get 1,000yds isn't really that large of a milestone IMO.

But Trav..

..why 1,000 under three somewhat inhibited throwers in a winless year....

..and less hooking up with Manning in playoffs and Super Bowl seasons?

Is it because Wayne and Clark were more insync with Manning than Garcon ever was..

But Trav..

..why 1,000 under three somewhat inhibited throwers in a winless year....

..and less hooking up with Manning in playoffs and Super Bowl seasons?

Is it because Wayne and Clark were more insync with Manning than Garcon ever was..

Has nothing to do with the QB. WR's break 1,000 all the time with garbage throwing to them.

Im not at all impressed by the 18th WR in the NFL, whose team is always down, who in 13 games got 100% of his TDs and 49% of his yards in 3 games.

Although I do think he will get 1,000 it is interesting to note that he needs about 50yds per game for the next 3 games. He's had 7 of 13 games this year under 50 yards (8 if you wanna add his 52yd game)

Has nothing to do with the QB. WR's break 1,000 all the time with garbage throwing to them.

Im not at all impressed by the 18th WR in the NFL, whose team is always down, who in 13 games got 100% of his TDs and 49% of his yards in 3 games.

Although I do think he will get 1,000 it is interesting to note that he needs about 50yds per game for the next 3 games. He's had 7/13 games this year under 50 yards (8 if you wanna add his 52yd game)

Nothing to do with the QB?

Really? You didnt mean to say that did you?

(Nice Panda, incidentally)

Nothing to do with the QB?

Really? You didnt mean to say that did you?

(Nice Panda, incidentally)

Yes, to an extent. Qbs obviously matter, but not when it comes to yardage accumulation. Now, other aspects of the game, yes. But a Dan Orlovsky v NE is a prime example of 'yardage accumulation'.

and yes, I love the Panda dog, in these sad times I figure everyone would appreciate seeing a dog who looks like a Panda, esp after my mostly negative posts. :thmup:

Yes, to an extent. Qbs obviously matter, but not when it comes to yardage accumulation. Now, other aspects of the game, yes. But a Dan Orlovsky v NE is a prime example of 'yardage accumulation'.

Yards are yards and touchdowns are touchdowns. Doesn't matter how you get them.

Some already know how I feel, but I'll reiterate, there is nothing special about Garcon. The fact that he MAY get 1,000yds isn't really that large of a milestone IMO.

That's your opinion and that's fine.

IMO its ability that makes players special, not stats.

Heres another one.

He's gotten 32% of his career yards, and 43% of his career TDs in 6 games.

He needs to be utilized more, he would of had monster year with Manning. Im sure Manning has been paying close attention. Manning will look his way more often next year.

I would normally agree with you about the 1k yard thing, but when you have Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky throwing you the ball, that is impressive.

I mean Reggie can get a 1,000 yards too. That is usual isn't it? Two receivers with 1,000. The only thing is everyone else probably has under 200. I don't think it is that great of a milestone if you are the only guy they throw the ball to.

Look, no offense, but.......your new avatar is freaking me out.

IndyTrav, I have not looked but I bet DeShawn Jacksons yardage/td % mirrors what you have provided for Garcon. Such is the plight of the big play WR.

Thats not really a fair comparison on Garcons part considering Desean has never had a season under 800 yds, has 20rec tds, 3 rush tds, 4 ret tds. Its really not even comparable. Just looking at the game logs, I can tell you it wont even be close.

Contract Year for starters but with that said great job by Garcon.

With that said isn't the arguement people like to make against Angerer is that even on bad teams someone has to make tackles? Well even on bad teams someone has to catch the ball. In watching most of the games this season Garcon has been the most open of the WRs this year because of coverage and is our "deep" guy. When you are playing with back up QBs and playing from behind in most games it's not shocking that that guy is going to lead us in numbers.

Still great job by Garcon. He would have to close to a 150 yards game on Sunday to get there. That would be a huge accomplishment but if he does that we have a good chance of winning!

Thats not really a fair comparison on Garcons part considering Desean has never had a season under 800 yds, has 20rec tds, 3 rush tds, 4 ret tds. Its really not even comparable. Just looking at the game logs, I can tell you it wont even be close.

Wasn't trying to say that Garçon and DJ are equal. Just saying if you look at receiving stats (DJ does more in running and return game) it may be similar. They have a comparable role in each offense. Both need a possession WR on the other side. Neither are a White or Andre/Calvin Johnson type WR. Garçon plays the role of providing a big play. By nature he will have a wide variable in performance from game to game. This fact doesn't undermine his importance or productivity. Julio Jones and James Jones are similar players...I bet ATL and GB fans aren't mad about that. We shouldn't try to make Garçon something he isn't (a stud #1) but we shouldn't try to take away his production and importance because he isnt consistent. Garçon needs Reggie or another #1 to carry the consistent load, and the #1 needs him to take pressure off.

We shouldn't try to make Garçon something he isn't (a stud #1) but we shouldn't try to take away his production and importance because he isnt consistent. Garçon needs Reggie or another #1 to carry the consistent load, and the #1 needs him to take pressure off.

This is actually the basis of my argument. I agree 100%. Im afraid as Colts fans we are enamored with Garcon. Its not that he's good, its just that he's not a stand alone type player.

He may not be the most refined receiver out there, obviously his route running and hands can use some polishing, but he is far and away the most explosive big-play threat we have on the team. He is also our only WR that can consistently stretch the field. The Colts have too many draft needs to waste a high pick on a WR, so I think it is essential that the Colts resign this guy.

He may not be the most refined receiver out there, obviously his route running and hands can use some polishing, but he is far and away the most explosive big-play threat we have on the team. He is also our only WR that can consistently stretch the field. The Colts have too many draft needs to waste a high pick on a WR, so I think it is essential that the Colts resign this guy.

100% right.....

Our line and our run game are improving..Manning is coming back and I actually like him returning punts..

''

....Pierre's best years are yet to come....

..and we must start drafting defensive players

and I actually like him returning punts..

''

....Pierre's best years are yet to come....

He'll be 26 years old, Im not sure he has a whole lot more 'growing' to do.

And as for returning punts......in 14 kicks, hes gotten 25 yards......in comparision Austin Pettis has 15 for 139....Aaron Ross has 14 for 99.......

And as for returning punts......in 14 kicks, hes gotten 25 yards......in comparision Austin Pettis has 15 for 139....Aaron Ross has 14 for 99.......

But he's trying....Our other kick runners either down the ball or fumble..

You can tell he likes it and he's not afraid....you saw him Sunday

...26 is young.... how old is Reggie Wayne '..Pierre can get a lot better..

'

Barring injury...I'm sure there's multiple 1,000-yard seasons ahead for Garcon.......arent you...?

Reggie was the same age (4th year in the league) when he had his first 1,000 yard season. Reggie's third year mirrored Garcon's. I'm not saying Garcon will ever be as good as Reggie. I'm just saying that as a fourth year undrafted free agent out of a D-III school, Garcon is a solid player in this offense and still has a ton of upside.

Reggie was the same age (4th year in the league) when he had his first 1,000 yard season. Reggie's third year mirrored Garcon's. I'm not saying Garcon will ever be as good as Reggie. I'm just saying that as a fourth year undrafted free agent out of a D-III school, Garcon is a solid player in this offense and still has a ton of upside.

He was drafted in the 6th round..

But I too believe he could get better, 26 is still young, and theres room for improvement in his game