Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Marshall could be released

That's pretty much what most teams do. Once you have a solid number 1 (for us Hitlon) and a clear number 2 (Moncrief), the rest of your WR's don't have to be that experienced or good as long as you have 3 solid pass catchers somewhere. We've got 4 solid pass catchers. You can bring in Whalen for depth and we know have Carter. You bring in either a cheap WR like shorts and then you get a late round draft pick or an early one if a can't miss prospect is there. But it doesn't go deeper than that.

I think we disagree on the number of solid pass catchers we have at WR, I only count one who has proven it in the NFL.

You are way off about other teams just look at the Super Bowl teams no big names but neither only had one WR with NFL experience. Seattle invested a 2nd and 4th last yr at WR had 3 vets in front of them

I totally agree spend on D but we have to bring in a WR or resign someone besides Whalen. You talk like he's on the team he's not under contract.

We have 3 WR under contract

A better WR core isn't the missing link. Defense wins championships. Its cliché to say, but it's true. We could win a superbowl with only Hilton, Moncrief, Carter, Whalen, Fleener, and Allen if we had a better D and better RB. WR isn't the missing link. Doesn't matter if we had Brandon Marshall in the AFC Championship, we still don't win that game.

It doesn't have to be the missing link. No one is acting like a WR would be a silver bullet and magically make the team the prohibitive favorite in the league. That's not the point.

And no one is saying that a WR needs to be added to the exclusion of improving the defense.

Why is everybody so content on going into next season with just Hilton, Carter, and Moncrief??? First off we don't know how Carter will do in the Nfl.Secondly we need to upgrade at WR as well, whenever T.Y. gets double teamed our offense stalls....horrendously. Everyone thinks Luck is just gonna turn an average wr into an all pro. It didn't happen with DHB and it didn't happen with Nicks. Not that it was his (Luck's) fault, but just saying we need to upgrade at wr as well. I think a lot of you are looking pass that for whatever reason.