Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kevin Bowen collects ALL the new Mocks....

Flowers would be the guy out of those options that I'd definitely like to land. I think he really improved over the last year and I think it would be a major win if we could land him without trading up. I'm torn on Eli Harold, I think he's kind of boom or bust prospect, but it could work out. Marcus Peters - talented but his personal issues are pretty serious; DGB is similar, only we need him less than Peters. I think Melvin Gordon can be a pretty good player in this league but I wouldn't actually want us taking a RB in the 1st unless he's the next Barry Sanders. 

I want DGB bad but I think we could get him in the 2nd given his character concerns. I know a lot of people dislike him, but I'm telling you, He's going to be a superstar. He's like a combination of Green and Johnson. Other than that I don't like the other picks too much.  I like Harold but like they said he's raw. I think he'll end up being a 2nd rounder. Our best bet is to trade down, hopefully get a 2nd and a 3rd, and come out of the draft with 3 or 4 day 1 starters.

I like the Flowers pick

I just don't see how the colts can pick someone like Peters. The Colts have far too many holes to be using a 1st rounder on the strength of the defense. Plus, the previous coaching staff at Washington doesn't have high praise for him either....reportedly.

Those selections would all help Indy IMO, but IMO this team is at a really crucial point in time....  they NEED edge rushers who can "get there" .. .     And I like the Virginia player, (although I have NEVER watched ANY UV game ever)    But the idea is spot on.      

I could not argue with a T either, and Gordon?      Sigh,....   I would LUV for this to happen..   BUT it can't and won't UNLESS Grigs really nails some PTP's on the DL in FA.      

This team NEEDS a lot more than many may be willing to accept.     IMO,  1st  Rush anything,  2nd..   S,   3rd...  OL,  and 4th..  RB.      Quite honestly this team could go in ANY of those directions and be thrilled but this team cannot generate ANY rush without a blitz and that is a HUGE problem, that if left unaddressed just highlights other deficiencies. 

the best pass D is a GREAT pass rush...     some wise man said that a long time ago...    This is just a HUGE off season for Grigs and the Colts, they have got to get this one spot on.

KB, from Colts.com has a story out where he shows who all the recent mocks have projected for Indy.

So,  just click on the link and read on.....

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/An-Early-Look-At-Mock-Drafts-For-The-Colts/95196ee9-48f0-49be-9b66-ec26a6858a98

I think the signing of Carter will kill any possible WR draft pick this season.    Just too many other areas that need addressed.     

I would not mind one bit IF Indy drafted DL/OLB with their first 3 picks.       And it could happen,    No Redding, Moala, RJF, ????

I think NG is ok, but the DE's and OLB's need more athleticism.    Walden is fine, but Werner either needs to get smaller for LB for get bulkier and move to DE.      ??    No more experiments,  draft guys who can run and are productive against tough competition.      JMO

I want DGB bad but I think we could get him in the 2nd given his character concerns. I know a lot of people dislike him, but I'm telling you, He's going to be a superstar. He's like a combination of Green and Johnson. Other than that I don't like the other picks too much.  I like Harold but like they said he's raw. I think he'll end up being a 2nd rounder. Our best bet is to trade down, hopefully get a 2nd and a 3rd, and come out of the draft with 3 or 4 day 1 starters.

Agree.. 

on a side note Jake Q of 1260 here in Indy had Carter's coach on just a few minutes ago and Jake asked him to rank Carter in a few different categories..      These numbers are off the top of my head, I tried to find the podcast but could not . .   

Speed   8

Hands    9

Route running   6

Work ethic        5/6

Maturity            5/6  ...      He also stated the kid was VERY receptive to coaching, just very RAW.

He stated that Carter really improved during the season when a change at WR coach occurred (Turk Schonert>> sp)  yes the old Bengal QB.    He said Carter just took off when he started receiving "NFL" type coaching.     I like that . .  

It sounds like dude is just very raw and undisciplined.  ??   fHe could be a home run or he could be just another guy?

The interview was on 1260 WNDE, I hate their website...   just not easy to navigate.    Good interview if anyone can find it .  Coach made Carter sound pretty interesting.       I have a little more hope than I did originally for the kid.

I dont like either of those picks especially DGB.

Also, WHAT IF Mathis has ONE more decent year in his old bones?  That would be HUGE...

He probably does but I sure hope Grigson don't bank on what if, If he goes down again then we have to find ways to get pressure through blitzing....good enough to beat the bad to average QB's but not the best QB's, Him and Newsome are the only speed rushers we got, We need another one

THIS      VVVVVVVV

I hope Grigs feels the same way...      The O is "good enough" right now .. FIX the D.....

He probably does but I sure hope Grigson don't bank on what if, If he goes down again then we have to find ways to get pressure through blitzing....good enough to beat the bad to average QB's but not the best QB's, Him and Newsome are the only speed rushers we got, We need another one