Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If I were Grigson

Hundley aint a 1st round QB talent, More like 2-3

I think most teams might agree with you.   But it only takes one team to disagree and trade back up.

Just as Minnesota did last year,  trading back up into the 1st round to take Teddy Bridgewater 31st or 32nd overall.

Hey,  it happens.

Trading back into the 1st for a QB seems to be the new thing to do now. And with how thin the QB's are this year (easily the worst class since 2013, possibly worse) if Mariota and Winston are gone early, and you're a team that needs a QB you're going to want to get Hundley asap, because after him the drop off is tremendous.

I could see trading back with the Bucs (assuming they pass on a QB) or Jets so they can get Hundley. That would probably get us an extra 3rd

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Trade him? He just handed him a nice extension.
    • Yes, thanks, you’re right. When the Panthers traded to get the 1 is when Ballard said he didn’t have all the information to make the trade. That’s strange to me.  “Didn’t want to make a blind decision without all the information,” Ballard told reporters Monday. “I know for people, they might not understand that. But I think history kind of tells you that when you do that, you better know what you’re getting. And we weren’t quite ready to do that at that time. And then we feel like there’s enough depth in the draft that we were gonna be okay.”   This was in late March. Ballard had a chance to get the 1 and use it to take Stroud not Young. I think it’s strange he said he didn’t move up to 1 because it would have been a “blind decision.” Why would it be a blind decision in March? Why wouldn’t you know what you’re getting? You’re getting whoever you want if you get the 1. It didn’t happen, but Ballard could have recognized that Stroud was going to be superior, could have made the trade and could have drafted him. Ballard admits it never occurred to him to attempt the trade because it would be a “blind decision.” 
    • I cringed after seeing the way his leg bent underneath him to the point of him sitting down on it. Buckner is one tough dude and to see him needing help to get off the field is when I knew he was going to be out for a while.
    • He probably felt confident Bowers would still be on the board at 15 once he made it past NYJ at 11.  He could've been trading up with other teams to move up to get Brock Bowers, but unfortunately, the Raiders had their eyes set on him and took him at 13.
    • Not now...   Let the year play out. Maybe at the end of the season... 
  • Members