Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm Rob Lowe and I have Direct TV..

Indeee

An I'm the Rob Lowe who needs to stop doing these commercials because its very old and annoying at this point. LOL, We all know Direct TV is the best. I wouldn't have anything else other than Direct TV because I couldn't get my NFL Sunday Ticket and MLB Extra Innings if I didn't have it. So go away Rob Lowe!!!!! The meathead version of you is definitely the coolest BTW.

An I'm the Rob Lowe who needs to stop doing these commercials because its very old and annoying at this point. LOL, We all know Direct TV is the best. I wouldn't have anything else other than Direct TV because I couldn't get my NFL Sunday Ticket and MLB Extra Innings if I didn't have it. So go away Rob Lowe!!!!! The meathead version of you is definitely the coolest BTW.

For those of us in market and looking to cut the cord, the founder of dishnetwork I think is on to something with SlingTV

A streaming service that includes ESPN and a few other cable programs for $20/month.  I may get my husband off cable yet 

I'm I don't live out in the boondocks Rob Lowe, so I have access to both Comcast and Verizon. That means I have  lightning fast internet, and I can watch every game, too without forking over a 20 every month.

I am in town and have been paying ATT $130/month.  Got prices from Brighthouse yesterday 

$75 just for internet

$65 for standard cable.  That is the cheapest it gets if you order them separately

If you combine standard TV with internet you get the 'bundled' price of $97/month for barebones, no boxes to lease cable and internet

I am in town and have been paying ATT $130/month.  Got prices from Brighthouse yesterday 

$75 just for internet

$65 for standard cable.  That is the cheapest it gets if you order them separately

If you combine standard TV with internet you get the 'bundled' price of $97/month for barebones, no boxes to lease cable and internet

I've never heard of Brighthouse, did a quick google on them and it looks like they only operate in 5 states. (FL, IND, CA, MI and LA)  Their download speeds look solid so if you can get them I'd say that's a great deal. They're on par with Comcast. I wouldn't trust those advertised speeds if it's satelite, though. It looks like they give the option for both so make sure you get the hard line.

Short of the insane Google Fiber which is in very few markets, Verizon FIOS is by far the fastest internet provider. You pay a premium for it, of course.

I've never heard of Brighthouse, did a quick google on them and it looks like they only operate in 5 states. (FL, IND, CA, MI and LA)  Their download speeds look solid so if you can get them I'd say that's a great deal.

I did because it was the least expensive thing I could find.  Gave up HD and DVR.  I'm buying my own DVR that works with over the air antenna.  Most of the stuff I DVR is on network tv.  

I'm on a road to cord cut and I cannot figure out a way to get AMC which is the only cable channel I really watch

As far as their speed, who knows? For the one I got they say speeds 'up to' 2 Mbps upload and 'up to '35 mbps download.  So I guess that means whatever speed I get is what I get.

The price and the quality of internet and TV has really been getting on my last nerve

He's a pretty decent actor. Always was, even though now he does low budget stuff like Lifetime films where he still can put up a good show.

He was funny in Wayne's World as the typical sleazy contract business man. 

I did because it was the least expensive thing I could find.  Gave up HD and DVR.  I'm buying my own DVR that works with over the air antenna.  Most of the stuff I DVR is on network tv.  

I'm on a road to cord cut and I cannot figure out a way to get AMC which is the only cable channel I really watch

As far as their speed, who knows? For the one I got they say speeds 'up to' 2 Mbps upload and 'up to '35 mbps download.  So I guess that means whatever speed I get is what I get.

The price and the quality of internet and TV has really been getting on my last nerve

I feel you on that. I don't think TV is even worth it anymore. This is the last year I will have cable. I went without cable from 2006-2008, and it felt great. The bill was down just to internet and phone (I'm stuck in the past I know, but I like having a house phone, it's cheaper than a cell phone plan) 

Internet has pretty much replaced TV anyway. I think sports is the one thing keeping TV alive. I meet a lot of people who tell me that they only keep cable for sports. 

I feel you on that. I don't think TV is even worth it anymore. This is the last year I will have cable. I went without cable from 2006-2008, and it felt great. The bill was down just to internet and phone (I'm stuck in the past I know, but I like having a house phone, it's cheaper than a cell phone plan) 

Internet has pretty much replaced TV anyway. I think sports is the one thing keeping TV alive. I meet a lot of people who tell me that they only keep cable for sports. 

Yeah, with what phone companies charge for high speed internet & Direct TV charges for NFL Sunday Ticket, I know exactly where you 2 are coming from Nadine & Bogie. These companies feel like they have you over a barrel sucking your money dry at will. My problem is where I live it is a telephone company monopoly meaning there is only 1 internet company in town so unless you want to live in the stone age you pay what they ask for DSL access speed wise. It sucks, but it's life. 

Star Trek actor George Takei who played Lt. Sulu on the Enterprise bridge talked 1 night about streaming services & products like Amazon Fire Stick because & I'm such a movie buff & music documentary buff. I figured look into it & see if you can save some money man. My other problem is I have to see the Rock N Roll HOF ceremony every year. The website only shows a few minor clips of the artists inducted & the historian in me needs context as in the entire 2-4 hour program annually from start to finish. If I see stuff out of sequence of musicians I really like, it simply irritates me. 

I like AMC for Classic Bogie films too as well as William Holden & Robert Mitchum pictures on both AMC & the Westerns Channel I get. Plus, Katharine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall, & Rita Hayworth in those black & white movies have so much more impact on screen than film stars do today just the sexual tension of lighting a cigarette is mysterious & magical. I like Turner Classic Movies too. 

Jules & Bogie will appreciate this piece on Becall's life & cinematic legacy...They don't make leading ladies like her anymore. 

What was the topic again? Oh yeah, bloodsucking internet & satellite companies who bleed you dry, but some of their programming I really enjoy. Hopefully, I can find a happy, affordable medium for my sports, music, & movie needs eventually. 

For those of us in market and looking to cut the cord, the founder of dishnetwork I think is on to something with SlingTV

A streaming service that includes ESPN and a few other cable programs for $20/month.  I may get my husband off cable yet 

This Sling TV idea would never work for me because I'm on my computer enough &, considering I've been in 2 automobile accidents with drivers distracted sending texts & goofing around on their pesky iphones, I refuse to watch my feature film selections or documentaries on my computer screen. I prefer a flat screen for that & I have no desire to transfer digital media back & forth from my iMAC to VIZIO TV. 

I grew up with an appreciation for radio, black & white TVs, then color, where children were the original remote control with ABC, CBS, Public Television, & maybe 2 other channels existed. Technology doesn't scare me. I just don't want to be saturated with it at every turn that's all. Thanks for the link info though Nadine. I deal with data in so many forms that at home I want things simple, easy, & straightforward. 

This reminds me, Remember the guy here who posted under the name Rob Lowe??? I think he got banned for always causing an uproar. I know he's probably reading this and getting a kick out of his name being brought up, LOL.

Isnt he the guy who said Peyton Manning was retiring 5 years ago?

I can relate..I still have th house phone, too..

..and I've got to make a cutback decision on cable and internet services soon....too...$129 a month...( I get the second tier of sports channels) too much going forward

i0Drlje.jpg

I get the humor behind this joke naturally, but what if Carroll told Lynch to pound the rock near the goal line & Seattle still was denied entrance into the endzone? Some fans, not any of my friends, are taking this last interception by Butler just way too far in my estimation.

Pete Carroll is a fantastic coach & that RW throw isn't gonna fracture the Hawks locker room. Richard Sherman even said it after the SB. "We win as a team; we lose as a team." 

Have you noticed how the backing music at the end of the Direct TV commercials is from the score of this movie? 

Good stuff...

That's the beauty of kids who grew up in the mid 70's & entire 80's who run TV networks & radio stations now as middle aged adults GP. To use vintage 85 vernacular, it's awesome!  :thmup:

I get the humor behind this joke naturally, but what if Carroll told Lynch to pound the rock near the goal line & Seattle still was denied entrance into the endzone?

Then NE would have to win by stopping SEA at what they do best. Something NE hadn't been able to do against Lynch all game. They kept Lynch from breaking huge gains, but when they needed to ground and pound they could. Hell, the previous play he ran for 5 yards.

Three more shots to get one yard? That's as close to a guarantee as you can get.

Then NE would have to win by stopping SEA at what they do best. Something NE hadn't been able to do against Lynch all game. They kept Lynch from breaking huge gains, but when they needed to ground and pound they could. Hell, the previous play he ran for 5 yards.

Three more shots to get one yard? That's as close to a guarantee as you can get.

There are no guarantees in life especially the SB MOW. 

Does that pay to stream all NFL games, regardless of geographic area? Or is NFL Replay the only option?

I cut the cord a long time ago.  The sling tv sounds interesting though.  Thanks for the link.