Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sherman is so classless

RockThatBlue

This is just a really silly and LAZY take..   TAKE ownership in ones family and dividends will pay off...  

Life is NOT lived through a VIDEO GAME machine or through a TV sporting event.....     BE a parent and don't pass the buck...

wow......

and you can do what to stop your kids from looking up to famous actors or artists or athletes? They will look at them the way they want sure you can raise them like you hope but you don't control them when they are away from you

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a really silly and LAZY take.. TAKE ownership in ones family and dividends will pay off...

Life is NOT lived through a VIDEO GAME machine or through a TV sporting event..... BE a parent and don't pass the buck...

wow......

I grew up with many kids that had great parents but you have kids who don't care what they are taught and think they have to do it "their way" or no way at all and also do things just to be cool

So you're a fan of doing bad deeds when none are looking? Congrats for that.

not the point I didn't once say what Jackson did was ok but why couldn't I? Seems acting like fool during the parade is ok too and putting down the team they were only lucky to beat cause of a stupid call

Are we really discussing behavior at a parade when there were how many arrests of NFL players this past week? Mini camp can't get here fast enough for most teams.

Yes, as a matter of fact some of us are discussing just that ~~ while others choose to deflect.

I stand by my comments that I thought some acted inappropriately, disrespectfully, and unsportsmanlike, when they should have just been celebrating the championship.

This is just a really silly and LAZY take..   TAKE ownership in ones family and dividends will pay off...  

Life is NOT lived through a VIDEO GAME machine or through a TV sporting event.....     BE a parent and don't pass the buck...

wow......

I agree that it begins with the parents.    However, no matter how good of a parent you are, and the morals and standards that you do your best to instill in your children, like it or not  they still have idols and role models outside of the home that they look up to and want to emulate.

I agree that it begins with the parents. However, no matter how good of a parent you are, and the morals and standards that you do your best to instill in your children, like it or not they still have idols and role models outside of the home that they look up to and want to emulate.

Gramz your such a smart poster and I love reading your posts!!!!

I could go into this very deeply...       but I am leaving this debate...    and you know why..  

Tick,,,   tick...   tick.....  t.......................................

I agree that it begins with the parents.    However, no matter how good of a parent you are, and the morals and standards that you do your best to instill in your children, like it or not  they still have idols and role models outside of the home that they look up to and want to emulate.

I raise my own children. I don't look to athletes or celebrities to be role models.

I'm not saying use those in the spotlight as role models to teach your kids. But you can't choose your children's idols.

Also the parade is about saluting your fans, and cherishing what you accomplished. Not throwing salt in the wounds of the losing team. Those are the sore winners, and the kids everyone hated on the playground.

Yes, as a matter of fact some of us are discussing just that ~~ while others choose to deflect.

I stand by my comments that I thought some acted inappropriately, disrespectfully, and unsportsmanlike, when they should have just been celebrating the championship.

Blount wearing that shirt was in pretty poor taste, especially since BeastMode completely outperformed him in the SB.. Blount was basically a non-factor, so its pretty foolish of him to wear a shirt like that.. but we all knew Blount wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed, he makes league minimum and is a battering ram that we can call on from time to time..

Edelman didn't make that sign, a fan handed it to him so he used it to rile the crowd up for a few seconds.. not a big deal at all

Gronk with the deflated footballs is not even remotely a big deal either.. they're in a parade with the Boston crowd after winning a SB... a SB that was preambled by ridiculous news stories and media bashing over deflated footballs.. People took their shots and kicked them while they were down for something they didn't even do, and tried to diminish their accomplishments that they sacrificed and busted their butts all year to accomplish...  The idea of deflated footballs IS laughable to them because they know its total bull

The only thing that happened in  that parade that people could have a legit gripe with was the t-shirt that Blount wore, which I think was in poor taste as well and just shook my head when I saw it... he has no business calling him out like that when Lynch is a vastly superior athlete and RB than him.

Blount wearing that shirt was in pretty poor taste, especially since BeastMode completely outperformed him in the SB.. Blount was basically a non-factor, so its pretty foolish of him to wear a shirt like that.. but we all knew Blount wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed, he makes league minimum and is a battering ram that we can call on from time to time..

The only thing that happened in  that parade that people could have a legit gripe with was the t-shirt that Blount wore, which I think was in poor taste as well and just shook my head when I saw it... he has no business calling him out like that when Lynch is a vastly superior athlete and RB than him.

It seems we agree on this.  Thanks for the comments.

I'm not saying use those in the spotlight as role models to teach your kids. But you can't choose your children's idols.

Also the parade is about saluting your fans, and cherishing what you accomplished. Not throwing salt in the wounds of the losing team. Those are the sore winners, and the kids everyone hated on the playground.

If that losing team is Seattle, I might throw some salt on it.

and you can do what to stop your kids from looking up to famous actors or artists or athletes? They will look at them the way they want sure you can raise them like you hope but you don't control them when they are away from you

What can I do?

I can be an active parent. My own folks did the same. Even as a kid I had a pretty good handle on drawing the line between someone being a sports hero or a movie star and a "real" hero. Maybe it was being in a military family with a father who fought in two wars. I don't know. I had my favorite athletes but realized even at a young age who the real heroes and role models were. 

The general public doesn't see anything that athletes and celebs want us to see except when they're arrested or get into trouble somehow. We don't know them nearly as much as we think we do. Anyone who is relatively famous has an agent and/or a publicist... why? Because part of the game is projecting an image. 

My children will know that as they get older, and it's my job as a father to make sure they understand it. 

I hear ya bud. Both Blount and Bolden took to "the Twitter" to apologize for holding up the shirt.

Gronk chugged a Natty Light and someone threw him a deflated football.

Edleman went house on a Richard Sherman meme-sign. (But in fairness, that was more of a response to Sherman doing what he did when Seattle took a 10-point lead.) 

You're right, a parade is about celebrating. The above-mentioned aspects maybe comprised 1% of it. In today's media those things get around so quickly, though. So it may seem like it was a 3-hour, non-stop salt-in-the-wounds parade, but it wasn't. You're only seeing the "controversial" elements of the day because that's what the media feeds the masses. I know a lot of people who attended and just said it was  good ol' fun time. 

I hear ya bud. Both Blount and Bolden took to "the Twitter" to apologize for holding up the shirt.

Gronk chugged a Natty Light and someone threw him a deflated football.

Edleman went house on a Richard Sherman meme-sign. (But in fairness, that was more of a response to Sherman doing what he did when Seattle took a 10-point lead.) 

You're right, a parade is about celebrating. The above-mentioned aspects maybe comprised 1% of it. In today's media those things get around so quickly, though. So it may seem like it was a 3-hour, non-stop salt-in-the-wounds parade, but it wasn't. You're only seeing the "controversial" elements of the day because that's what the media feeds the masses. I know a lot of people who attended and just said it was  good ol' fun time. 

Probably less than 1% but you're too kind :) I loved it ALL.  It's a victory parade for Boston and only Boston. No different than the old  fashioned pep rallies before a game. They used to burn stuff.

Sherman's 24 during the game didn't bother me in the least. Just as the girl or fan who made the sign and handed it to Edleman for a brief moment where he then bashed it off the truck lol.   Yeah people had the best fun they've had in a long time. Oh the shame.

They probably should have carried signs "Seattle is great" The parade of class.

Probably less than 1% but you're too kind :) I loved it ALL.  It's a victory parade for Boston and only Boston. No different than the old  fashioned pep rallies before a game. They used to burn stuff.

Sherman's 24 during the game didn't bother me in the least. Just as the girl or fan who made the sign and handed it to Edleman for a brief moment where he then bashed it off the truck lol.   Yeah people had the best fun they've had in a long time. Oh the shame.

They probably should have carried signs "Seattle is great" The parade of class.

I LOL'd...

Sherman, to me, redeemed himself by going up to Brady for the post-game handshake. I realize he's one of "those" guys... if he's on your team, you'll love him, if he's not, he's an evil classless thug.  ;)

The guy can ball though, no doubt. 

And I admit, had the Patriots lost, I'd probably have a different opinion haha... 

I LOL'd...

Sherman, to me, redeemed himself by going up to Brady for the post-game handshake. I realize he's one of "those" guys... if he's on your team, you'll love him, if he's not, he's an evil classless thug.  ;)

The guy can ball though, no doubt. 

And I admit, had the Patriots lost, I'd probably have a different opinion haha... 

I like watching him. How he lines up with his head a little bent forward with those braids coming down. Very well spoken in "real" interviews and obviously educated.  Problem is I don't get to see enough of his plays because no one throws to him lol

The only thing i really "took issue" with was the T-shirt. Possibly because I love me some beast mode, but really I think it was just because everytime Marshawn Lynch touches the ball, he basically proves that he is simply more of a man than anyone else on the field. That shirt was absurd.

But I'm certainly not losing sleep over it.

I like watching him. How he lines up with his head a little bent forward with those braids coming down. Very well spoken in "real" interviews and obviously educated.  Problem is I don't get to see enough of his plays because no one throws to him lol

Yeah, Sherman is the truth. I'd walk from Indy to Seattle to get him to sign here if that would do it.

See the Seattle @ Indy game from 2013...   you will see Luck and TY BURNING the MOUTH of the west up...    

Just saying...       Sherman is very good, but I can safely say that without KC and Thomas at S for Seattle he is just a really good CB.       There is a reason ALL their CB's look good for that team.        The pass rush, and the safety play.    It is phenomenal. 

Sherman is very beatable...  but most teams QB's are forced to get rid of the ball too fast.     And Seattle Db's are all over the opposing WR's...      pressure and press...    same thing Indy does, and does well against bad teams....   (Same thing NE has done to Indy 3 times in a row now//  with no answer.)    Get against Brady and Romo, and Rothelesburger and it gets a lot harder when one has NO rush.   Seattle is just a really talented team all the way around on D.  

hheeheeeee    This is sad for BB but the reality is ...  it is reality... and he did NOTHING in Cleveland..   

And then he discovered how to record his opponents practices...      the rest is history...    :goodluck:

I obviously won't ruin your enjoyment, you won the superbowl. The rest of the country knows it's their 4th asterisk. Seriously when Brady goes into the HoF he better thank the tuck rule, vinateiri, video tapes, lee evans, billy cundiff, his equipment manager, and russel wilson/pete carroll in that order.

Not to defend BB, but that's not entirely accurate. Plus it's Cleveland.

You know. Factory of sadness. The only franchise who could trade away T-Rich for a 1st round pick and still come out behind by drafting a teeny tiny frat boy with a drug and alcohol problem who is now in rehab. Think about that. We got far more out of that trade than they did.

They announced they were moving to Baltimore in the middle of the season. How well do you think the Colts would fare if we found out they were moving mid season?

Hell BB won a playoff game in Cleveland.