Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

All of them for one team? The report I heard is that the 12th was also underinflated, just barely. i.e. Someone made a mistake and didn't get enough air out. 

Common sense goes a long way here. All their footballs aren't going to mysteriously deflate like that.

That is why there is an investigation this week.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An investigation is not necessary if the truth is told. That is a serious problem for your franchise.  

You are really are jumping to conclusions. We have not heard anything from the investigation as to why the balls were that way. Bill said he was not aware of any issue until Monday morning when the league told him about the investigation so the Pats were not asked anything during the game. The balls were simply removed and replaced.

All of them for one team? The report I heard is that the 12th was also underinflated, just barely. i.e. Someone made a mistake and didn't get enough air out.

Common sense goes a long way here. All their footballs aren't going to mysteriously deflate like that.

" If the needle don't fit , you must acquit. " Johnny Cockran defending Bill Belichick.

You are really are jumping to conclusions. We have not heard anything from the investigation as to why the balls were that way. Bill said he was not aware of any issue until Monday morning when the league told him about the investigation so the Pats were not asked anything during the game. The balls were simply removed and replaced.

Where's the common sense in this? 

I understand why Pats fans want to stick their fingers in their ears and say "NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU". I get it, your team just made it to the SB. But this is a rare opportunity to strip a cheater of their title before they have a chance to "profit" from it. 

What I'm saying is; This isn't exactly a hard issue to figure out. The truth is (and the point of my previous comment) is that if this investigation follows through to a guilty conclusion, now y'all are in double trouble, twice as bad as it already was. You're in trouble for cheating AND for lying/obstructing the investigation. When your coach gets suspended (and potentially your QB), you'll know why. Cheating and lying/hindering. 

Where's the common sense in this? 

I understand why Pats fans want to stick their fingers in their ears and say "NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH I CAN'T HEAR YOU". I get it, your team just made it to the SB. But this is a rare opportunity to strip a cheater of their title before they have a chance to "profit" from it. 

What I'm saying is; This isn't exactly a hard issue to figure out. The truth is (and the point of my previous comment) is that if this investigation follows through to a guilty conclusion, now y'all are in double trouble, twice as bad as it already was. You're in trouble for cheating AND for lying/obstructing the investigation. When your coach gets suspended (and potentially your QB), you'll know why. Cheating and lying/hindering. 

What? I think you are getting carried away. The Pats did not lie. They were never asked about the balls. They were removed. Standard NFL procedure. It is also important to note that the issue with the balls came form the Colts not the refs so no way they stop the game or ask the Pats anything. They do an investigation like they are doing. Now, that being said, IF they find out that the balls were inspected for psi before the game and were properly aired and then deflated then I agree, big problem here for Pats and I am all for a huge fine and a loss of a top draft pick.

What? I think you are getting carried away. The Pats did not lie. They were never asked about the balls. They were removed. Standard NFL procedure. It is also important to note that the issue with the balls came form the Colts not the refs so no way they stop the game or ask the Pats anything. They do an investigation like they are doing. Now, that being said, IF they find out that the balls were inspected for psi before the game and were properly aired and then deflated then I agree, big problem here for Pats and I am all for a huge fine and a loss of a top draft pick.

If that is true, Belichick needs to get a year suspension like Sean Peyton, as he has other incidents on his record, in addition to a fine, and top draft pick.

they were inspected pregame, and they did fail at halftime.

It has not been verified by the league that the balls were inspected for psi or what level psi they found. The league investigation needs to come out.

that is the one thing that was confirmed by the league. They were inspected pre game. the link has been provided many times in this thread

No one is getting suspended for this type of infraction. Payton was running a hit program.

If it was the Vikings coach, no, but with this coach it could happen because of past transgressions. Also, Goddell will be under heavy pressure after flubbing the Ray Rice incident, and not trying not to look like he's under Kraft's thumb.

If it was the Vikings coach, no, but with this coach it could happen because of past transgressions. Also, Goddell will be under heavy pressure after flubbing the Ray Rice incident, and not trying not to look like he's under Kraft's thumb.

That is just the hate mob. Taking air out of football is hardly the same as knocking a woman out in an elevator but nice try.

And remember it was Kraft supporting the commish when he was making a fool of himself with the Rice case.

am is probably right, unfortunately.   No-one will get suspended,  they should, but they won't.   

It's all very disgusting.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again ~ no matter how small or large you think this infraction is,  and it varies greatly depending on what side of the fence you're on,  It's still WRONG and against the rules, and the worst part for me is the "smugness" and "arrogance"  and the trying to deflect blame.

That is just the hate mob. Taking air out of football is hardly the same as knocking a woman out in an elevator but nice try.

And remember it was Kraft supporting the commish when he was making a fool of himself with the Rice case.

one effects the actual game. The other is a legal matter

Yesterday Jan 21 on the NFL channel with Trey Wingo,  Gary ?? threw three ball to Jerome Bettis, one with 11 psi, one with 13 psi and one with 15 psi and neither player knew which one was which. Then Wingo asked them both which ball was which and the both said the knew immediately which ball was which!! They both said it was very easy to tell just by the feel.

No one is getting suspended for this type of infraction. Payton was running a hit program.

You are in for a shock, I believe. A shock. My guess; Your team will never be the same after this. 

Payton was suspended for lying, BTW. Which gravitates toward my point. If an investigation leads to a resolution of guilt, that means the Pats lied in the process, being that an investigation isn't needed if the truth is told. Admit guilt, no investigation. 

All tolled, if lies are being told, season long suspensions are coming. For Belichick and Brady IMO, your golden boy may be as culpable as the coach. You understand the jeopardy here, right? Close your eyes and imagine 2015 being played without BB and Brady, because that may very well happen. 

With the NL not being in charge of the ball for all sixty minutes is like the referee not checking the fighters gloves for lead bars in boxing. Once again the commissioner has to answer in some way to this oversight.

As for New England perhaps the most fitting punishment would be to remove the inner protection from their helmets for the 2016 season and see how they feel about deflation then at the end of January!!

You are in for a shock, I believe. A shock. My guess; Your team will never be the same after this. 

Payton was suspended for lying, BTW. Which gravitates toward my point. If an investigation leads to a resolution of guilt, that mean the Pats lied in the process, being that an investigation isn't needed if the truth is told. Admit guilt, no investigation. 

All tolled, if lies are being told, season long suspensions are coming. For Belichick and Brady IMO, your golden boy may be as culpable as the coach. You understand the jeopardy here, right? Close your eyes and imagine 2015 being played without BB and Brady, because that may very well happen. 

You keep talking about lying? Why? There has been no lying. In fact Bill said he is in full cooperation with the league. The Pats were never asked about the balls during the game. What part of that do you not understand?

You keep talking about lying? Why? There has been no lying. In fact Bill said he is in full cooperation with the league. The Pats were never asked about the balls during the game. What part of that do you not understand?

can i get a link from the league on that? lmao

am is probably right, unfortunately.   No-one will get suspended,  they should, but they won't.   

It's all very disgusting.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again ~ no matter how small or large you think this infraction is,  and it varies greatly depending on what side of the fence you're on,  It's still WRONG and against the rules, and the worst part for me is the "smugness" and "arrogance"  and the trying to deflect blame.

If they lie about this, they are cooked, done, over. Extreme punitive measures are coming if they lie, and being that we're several days into an apparent investigation, I'm guessing lies have already been told. 

I don't need a link. It was never reported that the Pats were asked about anything during the game. You get me a link on that and then we can discuss ...

Well they were certainly asked about it by now, and apparently the answer given was "no". If that answer is determined to be a lie, y'alls team is about to be bushwhacked by consequence.

We don't know if the officials asked NE about it during the half after ALL of their footballs failed despite passing a few hours earlier. But again......common sense. If I'm the ref, I'm going straight to BB and asking "What kind of ____ are you guys trying to pull here?"

I assume (admittedly a risky assumption) that somebody asked them before the 3rd quarter kickoff. 

If they lie about this, they are cooked, done, over. Extreme punitive measures are coming if they lie, and being that we're several days into an apparent investigation, I'm guessing lies have already been told. 

They never lied about spygate or even appealed the fines or docked pick so doubt they handle this any differently ...

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 23, 2015 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, January 23, 2015 - personal shot

I don't need a link. It was never reported that the Pats were asked about anything during the game. You get me a link on that and then we can discuss ...

I'm confused about something.

Why are you HERE?  Surely it must be because you enjoy fighting, bickering and simply getting a rise out of Colts fans.  Don't you have a Patriots board to go visit?  Maybe Colts fans go over and troll on the Patriots board, but I would never do such a thing.

And you're racking up record posts at all hours of the day on this thread.  Don't you have a job?  If so, are you hiring?  Because I want your job or at least to work with you where I can hang out on a forum all day long and do nothing.  Seriously.  My resume is just waiting and ready.

You're wrong and confusing the issue. It not comparing deflated footballs and knocking out a woman, its about a Patriots organization using a pattern of transgressions to gain an unfair advantage. It's also about a commissioner who is under the microscope by everyone, by not taking incidents seriously , destroying tapes, or possibly being good buddies with a certain owner. That is the pressure on him, and the NFL. If this proves true, and Belichick and the Patriots are given a light fine and seventh round pick, there will certainly be another up cry against the NFL. The league's integrity is at stake.

You're wrong and confusing the issue. It not comparing deflated footballs and knocking out a woman, its about a Patriots organization using a pattern of transgressions to gain an unfair advantage. It's also about a commissioner who is under the microscope by everyone, by not taking incidents seriously , destroying tapes, or possibly being good buddies with a certain owner. That is the pressure on him, and the NFL. If this proves true, and Belichick and the Patriots are given a light fine and seventh round pick, there will certainly be another up cry against the NFL. The league's integrity is at stake.

IF true, heavy fine and top pick. I agree anything lower would not be right.