Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Could Lock Up Number One Pick Next Week

GoColts8818

If the Colts lose next week and fall to 0-14 and the Vikings and Rams each win the Colts would lock up the first pick in the draft. I don't know how the tie breakers would work with the Vikings and Rams and the Colts for the top pick but it's possiable a loss by the Colts might lock up the top pick.

TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING

• Clubs not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order.
  • The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last.
  • The losers of the Conference Championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
  • The losers of the Divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
  • The losers of the Wild Card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage.

If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength-of-schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.

Everyone is saying that we have an easier schedule than The Rams and Vikings, but do we? Has anyone, with more time on their hands than me, sat down and added up the wins and losses of everyones opponents?

I think it will be a moot point, but it would be nice to win a game or two and know that we are still getting the #1.

Uggh, this is depressing to even talk about. It will be an interesting off season though.

Everyone is saying that we have an easier schedule than The Rams and Vikings, but do we? Has anyone, with more time on their hands than me, sat down and added up the wins and losses of everyones opponents?

I think it will be a moot point, but it would be nice to win a game or two and know that we are still getting the #1.

Uggh, this is depressing to even talk about. It will be an interesting off season though.

Not counting 4pm games or later

Indy 114 94

STL 115 84

Minn 113 87

We already have it locked up. Who do you think we could beat to get to two wins!

That is a good point but any of the 3 teams we play could be beatable.... We would have to catch a perfect storm. Houston will likely play the string out since they have a 3rd string QB that they will need to get as much pre-playoff work as possible... Tennessee might be playing a rookie QB, and while Jacksonville put up some points today, I could see Gabbert stinking the place up.

The # 1 pick is likely safe, but it's not locked up yet.

So the team with the weakest SOS gets the 1st pick, right? For that to even be a question is if we win 2 of last 3....can't see that happening.

But for kicks, any site you can find the current SOS of minn, st Lou, and Indy?

If all 3 teams finished 2-14, the one that had the worst record against the weakest schedule would have the highest pick. Just like if 3 teams were 14-2, and the team with that played the toughest schedule would have the higher seed.

NFL.com will have it, but it's not taking into account the final 3 weeks.

Indy 114 94 0.548

STL 115 84 0.578

Minn 113 87 0.565

is how everything stands after the 1pm games..

If all 3 teams finished 2-14, the one that had the worst record against the weakest schedule would have the highest pick. Just like if 3 teams were 14-2, and the team with that played the toughest schedule would have the higher seed. NFL.com will have it, but it's not taking into account the final 3 weeks. Indy 114 94 0.548 STL 115 84 0.578 Minn 113 87 0.565 is how everything stands after the 1pm games..

Forgive me for being dumb, but I don't quite get the #'s....... ex. Minn 113-87. I assume the number with a decimal after that is the winning percentage of the opponents.

That is a good point but any of the 3 teams we play could be beatable.... We would have to catch a perfect storm. Houston will likely play the string out since they have a 3rd string QB that they will need to get as much pre-playoff work as possible... Tennessee might be playing a rookie QB, and while Jacksonville put up some points today, I could see Gabbert stinking the place up.

Co-sign on this post.

no it was locked up when irsay said he doesnt envision manning playing this season. We cant beat anybody. we have the 3 best runninh backs to go against. cj2k foster and mjd. the first two led the league in rushing the last two years n mjd will lead it this year. Those three guys can beat us alone.

no it was locked up when irsay said he doesnt envision manning playing this season. We cant beat anybody. we have the 3 best runninh backs to go against. cj2k foster and mjd. the first two led the league in rushing the last two years n mjd will lead it this year. Those three guys can beat us alone.

In theory that is correct, but stranger things have happened. Like Caldwell being named head coach to start with.

In theory that is correct, but stranger things have happened. Like Caldwell being named head coach to start with.

firejim, you can say it out loud. we are going to lose every game. It doesnt make you a bad fan to say it. im hoping for these "stranger things have happened" to come true for our team. but it is over. we need a christmas miracle and a new year's day miracle to both happen.

firejim, you can say it out loud. we are going to lose every game. It doesnt make you a bad fan to say it. im hoping for these "stranger things have happened" to come true for our team. but it is over. we need a christmas miracle and a new year's day miracle to both happen.

If I had to bet my house, I would say that we lose all 3. But I would be nervous about it. I'm just stating a fact that we haven't locked anything up yet.

Right now that number 1 pick is bittersweet, makes me sick watching the colts lose the way they do... with the way the defense is playing i see no changes, forget about the offseason.

We've got to win one....

There's so much difference between 1-15 and 0-16...

I really dont care if we pick 1st or second..there's a lot of good QBs

Yeah, I was to see 1-15 and that is it, so it isn't quite as embarrassing. But we do need that #1 pick. It will either bring us Andrew Luck or a LOT of draft choices. #2 just isn't going to do.

Agreed......at this point, I want to win 1-2 games. But, HUGE difference in Picks 1&2 for either either the actual player or trade value.