Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats in AFCCG game for 9th time in Brady/Bill era

MJD42

Absolutely winning a SB is difficult. But to put yourself in position to be 1 game away 9 times. 3 seems so low for that level of excellence.

Again. It's not a knock, and I'm not taking a cheap shot lol.

Not to nick pick but it is 2 games actually,  You have to win both the AFCCG and the SB to get to a SB victory.

I hear what you are saying regarding the batting average at that stage in the season.  But at the same time it is like the glass half full and half empty.   It half empty in that they were close and did not win the SB.  On the other hand its half full as every team starts out week 1 with an opportunity to win the SB and the pats have the best battling average of all teams in the salary cap era at achieving this week 1 goal and on top of that when they have not achieve the goal they have been in the race longer than any other team.   So not only do they have best battling average they have also hang around the longest, those are the half full part of it.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to nick pick but it is 2 games actually, You have to win both the AFCCG and the SB to get to a SB victory.

I hear what you are saying regarding the batting average at that stage in the season. But at the same time it is like the glass half full and half empty. It half empty in that they were close and did not win the SB. On the other hand its half full as every team starts out week 1 with an opportunity to win the SB and the pats have the best battling average of all teams in the salary cap era at achieving this week 1 goal and on top of that when they have not achieve the goal they have been in the race longer than any other team. So not only do they have best battling average they have also hang around the longest, those are the half full part of it.

One game away from the SB buddy. I'm not an * lol.

I also already said I would take that level of success. But for how long they've "hung around" it feels like it should be more than just 3 SB a decade ago. That's my only point.

One game away from the SB buddy. I'm not an * lol.

I also already said I would take that level of success. But for how long they've "hung around" it feels like it should be more than just 3 SB a decade ago. That's my only poi

nt.

Remember how proud Colts fan were of the "12 wins for 9 straight seasons" battle cry?

Remember how proud Colts fan were of the "12 wins for 9 straight seasons" battle cry?

Yes because it was an impressive display of sustained excellence, albeit less impressive than 9 AFCCGs, but should have resulted in more than a single SB win.

9 AFCCG over 9 twelve win seasons

3 SB over 1 SB

5 SB appearances over 2 SB appearances.

I'm so confused. What's your point?

Did you read half of what I actually wrote complimenting the Pats on their success, or did you just white knight into this thread and quote me without any context?

Because it sure looks like the latter.

Go back. Read all my posts in this thread. And then decide if you want to continue on this bizarre train of quoting me.

Except that it wasn't a pile. It was one guy on Brady, and deliberately kneed him in the chin as he got up.

The ref saw it, and did nothing.

It was pretty bad.   If you look at Brady in his post game comments, there is noticeable dent in his chin.

Just funny to me how sometimes players can be aggressive with refs, but Walden got ejected for taking a refs hand off of him.

Don't be so sensitive this morning.

Besides talking vociferously , like every other NFL player, what did Brady do to deserve being penalized or ejected ?

Just funny to me how sometimes players can be aggressive with refs, but Walden got ejected for taking a refs hand off of him.

Don't be so sensitive this morning.

Life is good and I'll be rooting for the Colts today. I seriously can't understand anyone having a problem with Brady on that play. I know he's held to the highest standards but...

I'm so confused. What's your point?

Did you read half of what I actually wrote complimenting the Pats on their success, or did you just white knight into this thread and quote me without any context?

Because it sure looks like the latter.

Go back. Read all my posts in this thread. And then decide if you want to continue on this bizarre train of quoting me.

I get on edge before the big game sometimes also.

Should have been ejected from that crap that he pulled . Never seen a qb get away with so much as he does and those tantru,s he throws like are you kidding me . Reminds me of when he got * and spiked the ball against the Niners 2 years ago.. Isn't that a penalty ?! . For him it isn't ....

You guys crack me up.. Yup, they're going to eject one of the NFLs biggest stars in a huge, rival playoff match because he argued with a ref lol!

He didn't make contact with the rwf and scream directly in his face

Brady didn't make contact more than possibly a brushing up against him... to suggest that Tom Brady should have been ejected from the 1st quarter of an intense, highly emotional playoff game is just simply laughable... 

Man, talk about sour grapes..

I tip my hat to the Ravens and to you The Old Crow..  that was a heavy weight fight with haymakers back and forth all game long and went right down to the very end..  unbelievable game, both teams punched each other in the mouth repeatedly and unfortunately in games like that only 1 team can be the victor and move on.  Its a game that will be remembered and talked about for years to come and I feel fortunate that we were able to witness it and obviously am grateful that the Pats snuck out a win against a very, very determined Ravens team.

That Joe Flacco is a totally different animal in the playoffs too... impressive game by him

Brady didn't make contact more than possibly a brushing up against him... to suggest that Tom Brady should have been ejected from the 1st quarter of an intense, highly emotional playoff game is just simply laughable... 

I tip my hat to the Ravens and to you The Old Crow..  that was a heavy weight fight with haymakers back and forth all game long and went right down to the very end..  unbelievable game, both teams punched each other in the mouth repeatedly and unfortunately in games like that only 1 team can be the victor and move on.  Its a game that will be remembered and talked about for years to come and I feel fortunate that we were able to witness it and obviously am grateful that the Pats snuck out a win against a very, very determined Ravens team.

That Joe Flacco is a totally different animal in the playoffs too... impressive game by him

Sounds like jvan and some of the other cats are afraid of the Colts playing the Patriots

I tip my hat to the Ravens and to you The Old Crow.. that was a heavy weight fight with haymakers back and forth all game long and went right down to the very end.. unbelievable game, both teams punched each other in the mouth repeatedly and unfortunately in games like that only 1 team can be the victor and move on. Its a game that will be remembered and talked about for years to come and I feel fortunate that we were able to witness it and obviously am grateful that the Pats snuck out a win against a very, very determined Ravens team.

As a Ravens fan , I like playing NE . I wish we'd get a home game in the playoffs once in a while , but we never seem to put ourselves in a good enough position to do so. Anyway , it doesn't seem to matter like in Steeler games, where the result is generally close. In 2012 , I think it was 31-30 in Baltimore, then we got blown out 41-7 last year at home, so it's going to be a good game wherever it is.

I'm a believer in a team getting to the playoffs consistently, then anything can happen. Even though we had many injuries , we had our chances, and just didn't do enough to beat the Patriots. But , you are always glad you had that shot in the playoffs, because you have a punchers chance. Like you said, many punches were exchanged, Brady got the last one, and Joe whiffed on the final one. I think you guys are seeing what I love about Flacco. The guy is just cool, takes chances, and is the same guy win or lose. These games are great , because players like Brady and Manning won't be around forever. I'm glad my team is in the mix with them, along with Luck and the Colts. Win or lose, it is really a golden age of NFL football , and reminds me of the late 50's and early 60's when you had great QB's and teams.

I feel bad for Baltimore. The way patriots ran those ineligible players in and they ran routes but I guess they are not allowed to catch the ball. The refs again screwed up. They needed to at least tell Baltimore who was eligible and who is not. I normally always hear the refs announce who is eligible etc.. Patriots mounted a comeback with that deception. Can't really say much to patriots either cause they played the deception game within the rule book. It was all the refs fault for not letting Baltimore counter that.

I feel bad for Baltimore. The way patriots ran those ineligible players in and they ran routes but I guess they are not allowed to catch the ball. The refs again screwed up. They needed to at least tell Baltimore who was eligible and who is not. I normally always hear the refs announce who is eligible etc.. Patriots mounted a comeback with that deception. Can't really say much to patriots either cause they played the deception game within the rule book. It was all the refs fault for not letting Baltimore counter that.

The players were announced as ineligible.

Every single time.

The NFL has already come out and said that EVERYTHING the Patriots did was legal.

I'm not really sure if the ruling on that , but it's part of history and we lost. I think Belichick said he got it from an Alabama or something . We could have still won the game at the end, but didn't. I guess, let the NFL rules committee hash it out after the season. It's an interesting topic , but the season is over for the Ravens just like the Lee Evans drop. It's in the books, and it's not changing .

As a Ravens fan , I like playing NE . I wish we'd get a home game in the playoffs once in a while , but we never seem to put ourselves in a good enough position to do so. Anyway , it doesn't seem to matter like in Steeler games, where the result is generally close. In 2012 , I think it was 31-30 in Baltimore, then we got blown out 41-7 last year at home, so it's going to be a good game wherever it is.

I'm a believer in a team getting to the playoffs consistently, then anything can happen. Even though we had many injuries , we had our chances, and just didn't do enough to beat the Patriots. But , you are always glad you had that shot in the playoffs, because you have a punchers chance. Like you said, many punches were exchanged, Brady got the last one, and Joe whiffed on the final one. I think you guys are seeing what I love about Flacco. The guy is just cool, takes chances, and is the same guy win or lose. These games are great , because players like Brady and Manning won't be around forever. I'm glad my team is in the mix with them, along with Luck and the Colts. Win or lose, it is really a golden age of NFL football , and reminds me of the late 50's and early 60's when you had great QB's and teams.

HFA is probably big with these teams- then again we did lose two.

I have a question for you. There was a reg season mud game in NE and we won a tough game. Who was that ravens QB. I liked him and really thought he'd grow but then he just disappeared. What happened to him?

OLD CROW man I feel for you as a Baltimore fan. You're right that game you guys still had a high chance of winning it. I still don't think that deception is okay though rule book or not. Whatever happen to good sportsmanship. What happen to play a fair game! Patriots win will always have spygate and now this linked to them.

HFA is probably big with these teams- then again we did lose two.

I have a question for you. There was a reg season mud game in NE and we won a tough game. Who was that ravens QB. I liked him and really thought he'd grow but then he just disappeared. What happened to him?

I'm not totally sure what game, but it may have been Kyle Boller. An unfortunate first round bust. Another reason I'm greatful for Joe.

OLD CROW man I feel for you as a Baltimore fan. You're right that game you guys still had a high chance of winning it. I still don't think that deception is okay though rule book or not. Whatever happen to good sportsmanship. What happen to play a fair game! Patriots win will always have spygate and now this linked to them.

I appreciate the support . I think it's on the outer edges of the rules, but I don't want to be a sour grapes guy and blame it on just that. We had our chances and couldn't quite get it done . If you guys beat Denver be on alert, because old Bill is crafty. I can't get totally mad at Bill because he and his dad coached at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, and he recommended John Harbaugh for the Raven's job to Bisciotti. You guys have that rival passion with the Patriots that we have with the Steelers. I totally get it, and it's totally fun.

I'm not totally sure what game, but it may have been Kyle Boller. An unfortunate first round bust. Another reason I'm greatful for Joe.

That's it Kyle. I guess he hung up football.

Yeah it was a very muddy low scoring games. Just the kind I like :)

That's it Kyle. I guess he hung up football.

Yeah it was a very muddy low scoring games. Just the kind I like :)

It always was like mud with Boller. Nice kid out of California, but a bust as a 1st round, # 10 pick. He essentially cost Brian Billick his job. He was no Andrew Luck, that was for sure.

It always was like mud with Boller. Nice kid out of California, but a bust as a 1st round, # 10 pick. He essentially cost Brian Billick his job. He was no Andrew Luck, that was for sure.

Do you as a ravens fan find it odd Brian Billick hasn't returned to coaching? Does he not want to coach, or is he just not getting phone calls

Do you as a ravens fan find it odd Brian Billick hasn't returned to coaching? Does he not want to coach, or is he just not getting phone calls

You know honestly, I don't think anyone wanted him. I like Brian, but he came in as an offensive genius from the Vikings, and you saw how bad our offense was constantly with the Ravens. Then the Ravens would be 13-3, then drop to 5-11 the next year, and were inconsistent. Then Brian is very outspoken and may have turned off owners. Just a few theories why maybe he wasn't hired.