Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mightisright

Does Anybody Know Where They Track The #/type Of Surgeries A Player Has Had"

I caught a little bit of the Steelers game last night and the announcers were going over all the concussions, foot, knee, hand, and of course jaw injuries among others that have kept Big Ben out of games and it made me wonder if there's a site where they track this. I did a search and of course looked on NFL.com, but their site is so cluttered and their search engine useless.

I ask because it seems to me that people are making a little too much noise about Peyton Manning's "three surgeries." It seems to me like he's one of the LEAST banged up QB's out there. I know he's taken his share of beatings, and done so without letting it slow him down! But he seems like he's WAY more likely to bounce back from this then, say Big Ben or Vick would, guys who get the crap beat out of them on the run on a regular basis because they're on the run.

I've only seen anything like that on a week to week basis with the injury report.

rotoworld or some fantasy football site might have list of injuries on a players page, A wikipedia page for each player might reference operations, but I doubt there is a detailed site out there where you could click from player to player....

NFL.com is a pretty poorly designed site overall. You go to search and type in "Peyton Manning" and instead of it bringing up all results with "Peyton Manning", it brings up all results with "Peyton" and "Manning"

^agreed! Not a big fan either, even the typical search engine parameters don't work on their site. But I really want to know how many and the types of surgeries some of the seasoned big-name QBs have had. Big Ben, Phillip Rivers, Michael Vick, Carson Palmer, Brady, the guys in Manning's generation. (yeah, I know Big Ben is little younger) It seems to me that Manning has held up a lot better than some of those guys.....\

And the much ado about the three surgeries is bugging me..... So I'd like to find some more factual info!

^agreed! Not a big fan either, even the typical search engine parameters don't work on their site. But I really want to know how many and the types of surgeries some of the seasoned big-name QBs have had. Big Ben, Phillip Rivers, Michael Vick, Carson Palmer, Brady, the guys in Manning's generation. (yeah, I know Big Ben is little younger) It seems to me that Manning has held up a lot better than some of those guys.....\

And the much ado about the three surgeries is bugging me..... So I'd like to find some more factual info!

One way to look at it would be overall games played... Like starting in 2005, I believe Eli Manning is the only one to start every game from 2005 on. Manning has missed 12 & counting, Brady has missed 15.. Roethlisberger has missed time due to supsension and maybe a game here or there from injury.. With some guys that haven't been a full time starter it might be harder to track. I just don't know of a site that would track it like that or by injury.

NFL.com is a pretty poorly designed site overall. You go to search and type in "Peyton Manning" and instead of it bringing up all results with "Peyton Manning", it brings up all results with "Peyton" and "Manning"

It's better than the eyesore that is Colts.com...

The information is probably restricted by HIPAA guidelines.

The details would be, but for the most part if John Doe gets a knee, ankle, etc operated on, the team releases a comment or the media uncovers it. I'm sure some go under the radar but for a star? Some are too obvious. Brady's ACL, Brees' shoulder, Manning's neck, etc.