Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts about facing the steelers

Stephen

Did you want the Colts to lose in 2011? I sure as hell did

I never wanted the Colts to lose any game at any time. Even when the Colts put the #1 pick on the line by winning two games that season. IMO if your a true fan you never want your team to lose. But as some of these comments are made I see there are a lot of so called Colt fans.

I never wanted the Colts to lose any game at any time. Even when the Colts put the #1 pick on the line by winning two games that season. IMO if your a true fan you never want your team to lose. But as some of these comments are made I see there are a lot of so called Colt fans.

So you would rather have gone 3-13 in 2011 and had Dan Orlovsky still quarterbacking our team that have gone 2-14 and have Luck.  Also, please define what a "true fan" is.  I'm curious.  

To me a "true fan" is a good customer.  Someone who doesn't blindly follow everything an organization does and puts pressure on an organization to alway try to be better by withholding money and support when necessary.  If I eat at a restaurant and the food is terrible I don't go back until something changes.  I don't go every day and keep handing them money for a crappy product.

So you would rather have gone 3-13 in 2011 and had Dan Orlovsky still quarterbacking our team that have gone 2-14 and have Luck.  Also, please define what a "true fan" is.  I'm curious.  

To me a "true fan" is a good customer.  Someone who doesn't blindly follow everything an organization does and puts pressure on an organization to alway try to be better.  

So tell me, how does a fan put pressure on a team?

I'm going by what they have shown us against elite competition. New England....Dallas...Pittsburgh. How is one to conclude otherwise when they show a penchant for not showing up against good teams this year? I would be chomping at the bit to play the Colts right now. Hope you're right though. We will find out soon enough. Lol

I find it ironic that you call Pittsburgh elite and don't include Cincy when they're playing for the division title against each other tonight. Also they split with the Ravens (another team we beat) and lost to the Bucs, Browns, Saints, and Jets.

What bad teams did the Colts lose to? And since you don't count the Colts as elite, what good teams did the Steelers beat?

So tell me, how does a fan put pressure on a team?

By withholding their money and support.  And yes I know where you're going with this but you're still wrong.  The Colts are 11-5 and putting a good product on the field.  My post was in reference to the 2011 season and whether or not we wanted the Colts to win or lose games.

By withholding their money and support.  And yes I know where you're going with this but you're still wrong.  The Colts are 11-5 and putting a good product on the field.  My post was in reference to the 2011 season and whether or not we wanted the Colts to win or lose games.

So you know where I am going with this but still isn't it ironic that you start one thread complaining about the # of playoff tickets left and then claim one way that fans can pressure a team is by withholding money and support?  Comical.

I have not been wrong in any of my thoughts tonight.

So you know where I am going with this but still isn't it ironic that you start one thread complaining about the # of playoff tickets left and then claim one way that fans can pressure a team is by withholding money and support?  Comical.

I have not been wrong in any of my thoughts tonight.

If all those thousands of season ticket holders that didn't buy playoff tickets don't buy season tickets next year then you've got a point.

I find it ironic that you call Pittsburgh elite and don't include Cincy when they're playing for the division title against each other tonight. Also they split with the Ravens (another team we beat) and lost to the Bucs, Browns, Saints, and Jets.

What bad teams did the Colts lose to? And since you don't count the Colts as elite, what good teams did the Steelers beat?

You're right...Pittsburgh isn't elite.  Shouldn't have included them in that group.  But they are good...better than Indy. They are better than Cincy by virtue of their more experienced Super Bowl winning QB in my opinion.    Pittsburgh whooped Indy who some here insist is a good team. They also own wins over Baltimore and Cincinatti who are also good teams. 

Baltimore was Indy's best win this season.  The Cincy win wasn't as impressive when you consider that the Bengals were without A.J. Green.  Simple point is Colts aren't at an elite level and have lost to most of the elite to good teams they played this season. There are no bad teams in the playoffs so the fact that the Colts are good at bullying weaker opponents proves nothing.