Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Peyton Can Be Traded

BProland85

Assuming he is completely healthy and he restructures his deal to make it trade friendly, what could we get in return for him? We wont get as much as we would for Luck, but I could still see us getting a good return for him.

I think KC could get us a lot in return for him since they were reported to trying to trade for Peyton last offseason. I would want their 2012 1st rounder to get us OG David DeCastro to protect Luck, and CB Brandon Flowers.

Again this is hypothetical, so Im not saying this will happen, but its a what if thread.

Assuming he is completely healthy and he restructures his deal to make it trade friendly, what could we get in return for him? We wont get as much as we would for Luck, but I could still see us getting a good return for him.

I think KC could get us a lot in return for him since they were reported to trying to trade for Peyton last offseason. I would want their 2012 1st rounder to get us OG David DeCastro to protect Luck, and CB Brandon Flowers.

Again this is hypothetical, so Im not saying this will happen, but its a what if thread.

It's hypothetical but why would he weaken his new team? That isn't happening?

I don't think we'll get anything for Manning. If we're going in a new direction we'll be forced to release him before his big bonus is due. Exactly like firejimcaldwell said, forcing his own release (in this hypothetical, Manning is going anywhere but here scenario) is the best way to ensure his ability to choose his situation. Irsay gave Manning a loaded gun when he put that 28M bonus in his contract, Manning is way too competitive not to use it.

this will not happen Peytn is staying if healthy and we will draft luck also unfortunately. But, hypotheitical tell me this. If you are PM why would you restructure your contract to be traded? If i was PM i would make the colts cut me be a free agent go to whatever team i wanted to go not who the Colts chose and i would still have all my draft choices to build for a SB run. If the tea he went traded for him he would be losing first rounders that could help him back to the SB.

Yeah, the idea that Peyton will restructure his deal to make it easier to trade him is ridiculous. Everyone thinks he will be so altruistic toward Indianapolis, but if they're going a different direction, he is not going to want to (nor should he want to) help the Colts out by making his new team weaker. Peyton will either be paid here or he'll walk and sign with whoever will pay him.

And then I will trade all my Colts gear in for the gear of whatever team that is.

Yeah, the idea that Peyton will restructure his deal to make it easier to trade him is ridiculous. Everyone thinks he will be so altruistic toward Indianapolis, but if they're going a different direction, he is not going to want to (nor should he want to) help the Colts out by making his new team weaker. Peyton will either be paid here or he'll walk and sign with whoever will pay him.

And then I will trade all my Colts gear in for the gear of whatever team that is.

I bleed blue, would be ticked indeed but definitely wouldn't get rid of..................

py11.jpg

Definitely would still remain Colts faithful, but I would also have to root for Manning, Go COLTS!!!!!!! Manning isn't going anywhere....