Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buffalo (+10) @ Denver (12-7-14)

oldunclemark

Yes. As much as Rex gets made fun of he usually throws a good defensive game plan together against Tom and that offense....plus he usually runs the ball well enough to keep him off the field....but he just doesn't have the guns to win in this fight...and I imagine most of his team has probably already cashed out on the season and him by now.

If Rex was here running our defense or Denver or like he was back with Baltimore....dang that would make for a good team.

He is a great defensive coach but I do think some team will give him a chance at HC this off-season. He never really had a decent QB all his time in NY or perhaps he just never was able to develop one as Sanchez is proving that he is not the bust that he seemed to be in NY. I think he has also learned in his time in NY working for a guy like Woody and will have better success should be get a HC for another team. His players love playing for him and always play hard.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interesting to see a RR defense with a respectable QB on the other side not throwing games away. If nothing else often putting them in unfavorable positions and not capitalizing on their turnovers.

Sanchez has been hot and cold over in PHI. Great first week, horrid second week, great third week. We'll see how he does against SEA. He's Tannehill'n it up so far.

Had a dream the Bills defense got 3 TDs last night (all off of fumbles), I started them in fantasy, blew my opponent out, and the Bills won 38-13.

That has to count for something, right?

ummm...you really want me to answer that? ;-)

A man can dream, what the heck right

My football dreams haven't been all pleasant. For a while after SB42 I kept having nightmares that the Patriots actually won it and they were elevated to a level above the Greek gods. Woke up each morning with my heart pounding like crazy.

Maybe the Broncos were the Jets in disguise, and that's why we blew 'em out. :P

that might do it. I'd say any given Sunday but that hasn't applied to the Bills.

I feel for ya man. Reminds me of the Grogan days when we were half decent but how many ways can we find to lose a game :)

I would be interesting to see a RR defense with a respectable QB on the other side not throwing games away. If nothing else often putting them in unfavorable positions and not capitalizing on their turnovers.

Sanchez has been hot and cold over in PHI. Great first week, horrid second week, great third week. We'll see how he does against SEA. He's Tannehill'n it up so far.

It would be even more interesting to see Buffalo with a top QB....

No offense to Kyle Orton..He's an old Purdue/Bears favorite..

..and I love Freddie Jackson..but I'm still listening to his Greatest Hits' collection from the 1990s (great songs, by the way)

My football dreams haven't been all pleasant. For a while after SB42 I kept having nightmares that the Patriots actually won it and they were elevated to a level above the Greek gods. Woke up each morning with my heart pounding like crazy.[/quote

LOL!

He was far from horrid his second week he had Luck like numbers . Now there D got torched but that is a different story .

the coach isn't the problem. Brian Kelly would get hired in less than a day if ND fired him

I wish that would happen..J

Not the kind of man I'd want coaching at my university.

he's allowed a lot of ethical indiscretions (which have been well detailed recently) and, even if you wished to overlook he's just notthe misbehaving and cheating....he, to me,. is very average as a football man

I wish that would happen..J

Not the kind of man I'd want coaching at my university.

he's allowed a lot of ethical indiscretions (which have been well detailed recently) and, even if you wished to overlook he's just notthe misbehaving and cheating....he, to me,. is very average as a football man

the university punished those involved in the cheating thing more harshly than nearly any university would have

As far as his coaching ability, his record everywhere he has been says otherwise. Until the school lowers academic standards for athletes like they did when Holtz was here, they won't compete for a national championship no matter who the coach is. Kelly led a far inferior team to the national championship game with Charlies players. I don't think anyone else could have done that

Cheaters must be expelled from a place like Notre Dame..and there have been several of the field incidents which have been punished lightly//See Michael Floyd....Kids get a one game suspension for a brawl in a bar..lots of incidents

He's not right for the place, in my opinion...and I hope he goes to the NFL.

..and you are right about the title game run being with Weis players.

His players (see this year) have been average......and ND wont lower standards in this era..so he needs to go to a place that will.

But the major issue is that he lets far more ethical problems slide than past coaches have.

Cheaters must be expelled from a place like Notre Dame..and there have been several of the field incidents which have been punished lightly//See Michael Floyd....Kids get a one game suspension for a brawl in a bar..lots of incidents

He's not right for the place, in my opinion...and I hope he goes to the NFL.

..and you are right about the title game run being with Weis players.

His players (see this year) have been average......and ND wont lower standards in this era..so he needs to go to a place that will.

But the major issue is that he lets far more ethical problems slide than past coaches have.

Actually, he hasnt let anything slide. The administration hands down the punishment, not the coach

Denver has activated kicker Brian McManus...the guy they just cut two weeks ago..he'll play vs. Buffalo.

they'll have 2 kickers...active..apparently one for kickoffs and one for field goals

..They cut Isiah Burse their punt returner......I'm guessing Emmanuel Sanders and Wes Welker will run back punts.

....this series of moves has been confusing

Denver has activated kicker Brian McManus...the guy they just cut two weeks ago..he'll play vs. Buffalo.

they'll have 2 kickers...active..apparently one for kickoffs and one for field goals

..They cut Isiah Burse their punt returner......I'm guessing Emmanuel Sanders and Wes Welker will run back punts.

....this series of moves has been confusing

Burse was steady with out fumbles. Their bonehead moves continues.

Burse was steady with out fumbles. Their bonehead moves continues.

I liked Burse, too..(wouldn't be stunned if they resigned him next week)

.....But if you wanted a kicker to kick off and another for place kicks...

..then just sign the new guy Barth, cut your kick returner Burse and keep the old kickoff guy...McManus

Why cut McManus..sign Barth (the new guy)..then resign McManus and cut the kick returner Burse.

I'm lost.

I liked Burse, too..(wouldn't be stunned if they resigned him next week)

.....But if you wanted a kicker to kick off and another for place kicks...

..then just sign the new guy Barth, cut your kick returner Burse and keep the old kickoff guy...McManus

Why cut McManus..sign Barth (the new guy)..then resign McManus and cut the kick returner Burse.

I'm lost.

because they thought Barth can handle kickoff. I mean how did you recruit him without checking his kickoff ability??.

Do you think they'll be pressuring Peyton all day? few have

The Bills will get to him they way the Jets did and bother him but Orton will not be able to do much same as Geno. It could be close like the Jets game or close for one half like Oakland then Denver pulls away in the second half. Orton would have to play out of his mind for the Bills to win. Weather is supposed to be good too which hurts Buffalo.

He is a great defensive coach but I do think some team will give him a chance at HC this off-season. He never really had a decent QB all his time in NY or perhaps he just never was able to develop one as Sanchez is proving that he is not the bust that he seemed to be in NY. I think he has also learned in his time in NY working for a guy like Woody and will have better success should be get a HC for another team. His players love playing for him and always play hard.

yeah he seems like a players coach. I agree he can't develop anything on the other side of the ball but really that isn't his job. On top of some horrible guys in the front office they haven't had anyone I would want as an offensive coordinator though. I think he may get a tv job for a year or so. I would love to hear his commentary (at least initially) and then yeah he could make a return. Not sure there would be a job open he would entertain. Maybe Carolina... They have some interesting pieces on defense to work with if they can bring an offensive guru to coach cam.

Terrible ball by Peyton. Just didn't get into his throw.

He's just wildly inconsistent at the long ball these days. Sometimes they look great, a lot of times they just die in the air and the receiver has to wait for it.  He really doesn't need to try for that as often as he does...especially with the run game coming along.