Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (-2) @ Kansas City (11-30-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing Berry hurt them as well. I though after the New England game they were for real, but it is hard to be successful when your receivers have 0 touchdowns on the season. Give the ball to Charles... and let the guy run because Smith is not a big thrower.

That's a good point....Berry surely meant a lot to them on and off the field

Well, the Broncos suck a bit less tonight. I never thought Peyton would be held to so few yards though.

Apart from two TD's that Tamme and Thomas messed up, Manning was all over the frickin' place. He was literally the only guy on that team besides Caldwell who played like crap. I expect it out of Caldwell because he screws something up on a weekly basis either receiving or on special teams. He did it again tonight by running out of bounds like a * negating a great ST play, but got bailed out by a ballsy fake punt.

How Caldwell still sees the field each week I have no idea. He's worse than his cousin/sibling/whatever bug eyes Reche.

Denver looked solid at everywhere but kickoff/punt coverage and QB play. They let up a lot of kickoffs to the 30, but that's not too terrible. Anderson looks like the real deal and that's critical for Denver to have down the stretch.

K.C., meanwhile, has no signs of life. They're done.

Great team win . I've been waiting for the defense to win a game when Manning was off, and that's what they did tonight. Playoff football

And it wasn't just the defense - the running attack and SPECIAL TEAMS all did their jobs between good enough to very well. The whole team played great outside a few guys.....one of them being Peyton, the other being that dufus Caldwell.

Apart from two TD's that Tamme and Thomas messed up, Manning was all over the frickin' place. He was literally the only guy on that team besides Caldwell who played like crap. I expect it out of Caldwell because he screws something up on a weekly basis either receiving or on special teams. He did it again tonight by running out of bounds like a * negating a great ST play, but got bailed out by a ballsy fake punt.

How Caldwell still sees the field each week I have no idea. He's worse than his cousin/sibling/whatever bug eyes Reche.

Denver looked solid at everywhere but kickoff/punt coverage and QB play. They let up a lot of kickoffs to the 30, but that's not too terrible. Anderson looks like the real deal and that's critical for Denver to have down the stretch.

K.C., meanwhile, has no signs of life. They're done.

Those passes did go right through there hands, and were sure touchdowns. The odd thing is I have never seen either guy show a tendency to do that very much in the past.

And it wasn't just the defense - the running attack and SPECIAL TEAMS all did their jobs between good enough to very well. The whole team played great outside a few guys.....one of them being Peyton, the other being that dufus Caldwell.

I know the running played a part but the ST still needs improvement . The defense came up big in this game consistently when they had to . All season Denver gave up a lot of 3rd and longs and they were great on 3rd down defense tonight . Constant pressure on Smith and I believe Charles only had 40 something yards . The defense also created turnovers, but I'm still waiting for that complete game from Denver that I haven't seen since the Niner game .

Great team win . I've been waiting for the defense to win a game when Manning was off, and that's what they did tonight. Playoff football

This was night when folks who like defense liked the show...

Defensively, they've been good most of the year.

They only gave up one TD at St Louis and just 3 in 4Qs and OT at Seattle.

NE was eht only team that waxed their 'D'

This was night when folks who like defense liked the show...Defensively, they've been good most of the year.They only gave up one TD at St Louis and just 3 in 4Qs and OT at Seattle.NE was eht only team that waxed their 'D'

The defense had trouble on 3rd down for most of the season and struggled to create turnovers but tonight that's what they did . Smith was rattled and hit often , and the Broncos got the turnovers that they needed . Hopefully they'll see NE again in a rematch for a different result .

One thing I noticed was that JDR blitzed more tonight .

If he gets the blame when they lose (and he gets all of it) , he gets the credit when they win.

Anyone who knows anything about the game of football doesn't put the losses solely on Peyton.  He often gets a lot of credit when they win, because usually only a few parts of his teams show up to help and he has to play great to at least HOPE to make up for it, let alone win.

Tonight was really the opposite of the norm. He played awful, but the team carried him instead of the other way around.

Anyone who knows anything about the game of football doesn't put the losses solely on Peyton.  He often gets a lot of credit when they win, because usually only a few parts of his teams show up to help and he has to play great to at least HOPE to make up for it, let alone win.

Tonight was really the opposite of the norm. He played awful, but the team carried him instead of the other way around.

Probably not a bad thing but Denver will not go far unless Manning picks up his game. Although those weather conditions are the worst for him with the cold and wind.

Probably not a bad thing but Denver will not go far unless Manning picks up his game. Although those weather conditions are the worst for him with the cold and wind.

I'm guessing it was the the cold per the norm. He really drops significantly in performance these days. The swirling winds didn't do much to help, either. Alex Smith couldn't pass either, but he's Alex Smith.

Unless Manning can go in to Trent Dilfer mode and just hand it off on cold nights or they get lucky with weather, he needs to just play better when it's chilly. If Denver can run it down throats though it will make things a lot easier on him. Ditto if the D plays lights out. If Denver can do all those things well and he's throwing all over the place in a big fat L in the playoffs then you can definitely blame him.

He played pretty well in the first half but after half time he had a serious overthrow problem. The ball seemed to be on a much higher trajectory for some reason. Did anyone see any physical problem with him that may have caused the change?

His problem is his own mind.

The defense had trouble on 3rd down for most of the season and struggled to create turnovers but tonight that's what they did . Smith was rattled and hit often , and the Broncos got the turnovers that they needed . Hopefully they'll see NE again in a rematch for a different result .

Without Talib he knew that secondary wouldn't be able to cover long. Not to mention your LBs in coverage leave  A LOT to be desired....but it was a great game plan on both sides of the ball.....to be honest...KC and Andy Reid is one of the only coaches I honestly think Denver has an advantage on going in lol. Against SD and Manusky/Mccoy or NE and Belichick they are just outclassed...at least Andy is on their level...how that guy has Charles and Thomas and even Niles Davis and doesn't get them involved in the games is just plainly beyond me!

He needs to stop throwing when the running is working. Some of the throws he was forcing himself and Sanders saved 2 INTs.

Yeah...they had man coverage out there but was going to fades etc....honestly they should have run some more slants etc because those corners were bailing out pretty quick and just trying not to get beat over the top. He did look good on a couple throws in the redzone that Thomas dropped and Tamme stopped his route on...but overall he wasn't clicking. One thing Peyton Manning is very much a volume thrower...he gets in a rhythem many times...he isn't the Tom Brady who can run run run run and then stick you with the pass. In those conditions to keep your arm warm for an older qb you need to keep throwing...especially for someone that has nerve damage and issues with touch etc from the neck surgeries. That is his real problem in bad weather. It isn't mental its actually nerve damage...its why he has gone to the glove to help him with his grip on the ball in all weather not just cold. He definately has lingering effects from the surgeries and he just has to work hard to overcome it....which makes the running game VITAL for him to win these battles.

I wouldn't say he played awful...it wasn't a 6 int game against SD or anything...but he ran the ball...and called a TON of runs at the line when he was moving guys around and then he played a wonderful decoy for most of the game. He easily could have had another td if his guys didn't drop a couple throws for him and yes he could have thrown an int or two as well but it wouldn't have been a terrible game...just not a stat stuffer....he did finish with 2 tds and 0 ints...so there is that. At least Bogie couldn't come in and say anything bad about him stuffing his stats tonight lol...every pass was important and he clearly opted to run the ball over throw.

I dont think Denver's defense has had trouble most of the season..In the loss at St. Louis they allowed one TD...The offense didn't move.

You cant count on turnovers. That's luck and their liuck was better Sunday. the ball hit the ground and they got it.

Brocnos still need home field.

What wanst said about the Sunday win over KC was that Denver tan the ball so many times because 1.) Anderson is suprsijng good at avoiding the first defender and 2.) Manning couldn't throw in the could and wind.

Denver beats anybody they can play in Denver

Denver finally found a RB to replace Knowshon and they're playing well on D. The question is, will they remain disciplined enough to stay committed to the run game? If they keep winning they'd be crazy not to, but I put nothing past Fox! 

I agree. I think he just struggles mentally when the conditions are not ideal. And he is programmed to want to pass so sticking to the run is not easy for him.

Again run: Good Pass bad. Its not that simple.

Broncos aren't goin g to change . sweet.

Because they cant win playoff games running the ball 50 times.. they aren't THAT good at it.

..and you cant run one guy 32 times a game. Good teams stop that once they believe that;s what you're going to do,.

I don't think Miami and KC really believed Denver was going to keep running.

Denver finally found a RB to replace Knowshon and they're playing well on D. The question is, will they remain disciplined enough to stay committed to the run game? If they keep winning they'd be crazy not to, but I put nothing past Fox!

You become much easier to defend if you talk yourself out of what you do best.

Sunday.the tight end was out and it was 20 degrees..

Wont be that way in Denver

I dont think Denver's defense has had trouble most of the season..In the loss at St. Louis they allowed one TD...The offense didn't move.

You cant count on turnovers. That's luck and their liuck was better Sunday. the ball hit the ground and they got it.

Brocnos still need home field.

What wanst said about the Sunday win over KC was that Denver tan the ball so many times because 1.) Anderson is suprsijng good at avoiding the first defender and 2.) Manning couldn't throw in the could and wind.

Denver beats anybody they can play in Denver

Denver pass defense is one of the worst in the league. Did you see Ryan Tannehill tear them apart in Denver?. Even against Chiefs yesterday Alex Smith missed wide open receivers. Denver didn't do anything special.

Shane..actually its not. Teams pass on Denver a lot because they trail. Their pass D isn't as bad as the numbers and their run 'D' isn't as good as it seems.

You don't have to do anything special (6 sacks) you only have to shut them down.

Denver's losses at Seattle and St, Louis were because those defense stopped the Broncos offense.

NE just beat them in all 3 phases

Shane..actually its not. Teams pass on Denver a lot because they trail. Their pass D isn't as bad as the numbers and their run 'D' isn't as good as it seems.

You don't have to do anything special (6 sacks) you only have to shut them down.

Denver's losses at Seattle and St, Louis were because those defense stopped the Broncos offense.

NE just beat them in all 3 phases

what about Miami scoring 36 in Denver?.