Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (-2) @ Kansas City (11-30-14)

oldunclemark

Without Talib he knew that secondary wouldn't be able to cover long. Not to mention your LBs in coverage leave  A LOT to be desired....but it was a great game plan on both sides of the ball.....to be honest...KC and Andy Reid is one of the only coaches I honestly think Denver has an advantage on going in lol. Against SD and Manusky/Mccoy or NE and Belichick they are just outclassed...at least Andy is on their level...how that guy has Charles and Thomas and even Niles Davis and doesn't get them involved in the games is just plainly beyond me!

Talib isn't even the best corner on the team IMO but the secondary actually played well last night . Yes our linebackers need a little work but our fastest LB Trevathan will be coming back in 2 weeks which will help out a lot . I agree with you about the coaching , however Denver has had its way with SD since the arrival of McCoy . They've only lost to the Chargers once in that span and the beat them in the playoffs. Bill B was out coached in the title game last year , but can Denver duplicate that again if the two met? I doubt it but anything can happen .

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Denver's defense has had trouble most of the season..In the loss at St. Louis they allowed one TD...The offense didn't move.You cant count on turnovers. That's luck and their liuck was better Sunday. the ball hit the ground and they got it.Brocnos still need home field.What wanst said about the Sunday win over KC was that Denver tan the ball so many times because 1.) Anderson is suprsijng good at avoiding the first defender and 2.) Manning couldn't throw in the could and wind.Denver beats anybody they can play in Denver

Having home field advantage doesn't automatically mean a ticket to the Super Bowl . Denver had the number one seed twice and got bounced divisional round and lost in the Super Bowl . Yes they play better at home but that doesn't automatically mean they will win at home . Baltimore came to Denver 2 years ago against a Denver team that imo should have been in the Super Bowl that year , but we lost .

Last night was a playoff game for Denver and a game they needed to boost their confidence going forward . If they have to go on the road in JAN so be it .

. Baltimore came to Denver 2 years ago against a Denver team that imo should have been in the Super Bowl that year , but we lost .

That was quite possibly the most lopsided officiated game in NFL playoff history. BAL got a 24 point swing off bogus calls/non calls and it still took a wing and a prayer heave over Moore to send it to OT. Although I think DEN would have lost to NE In the AFC Championship anyway since they wouldn't be able to stop Gronk and Hernandez. That D's biggest weakness was tight ends, and, well, NE had the best and third best in football.

I wouldn't say he played awful...it wasn't a 6 int game against SD or anything...

He threw at least 4-5 passes that, for all intents and purposes, should have been picked. Only one of them was.

That 6 INT game * me off. We still should have won lol...then Vinny shanks like a 30 yarder of all things. If we pulled that out that would have been one of the games the team carried him, but couldn't close it. He usually has one stinker game a year outside the playoffs where the team has to actually all show up to win. Like that one year against Cleveland we won like 15-9 or something.

That was quite possibly the most lopsided officiated game in NFL playoff history. BAL got a 24 point swing off bogus calls/non calls and it still took a wing and a prayer heave over Moore to send it to OT. Although I think DEN would have lost to NE In the AFC Championship anyway since they wouldn't be able to stop Gronk and Hernandez. That D's biggest weakness was tight ends, and, well, NE had the best and third best in football.

But that same Baltimore team beat NE the following week. In fact they had an easier time beating NE then they did Denver because the Patriots offense got shut out in the 2nd half of that game . The way that the defense played that year I think they would have beaten the Patriots , especially in Mile High . Although I agree with you on the officiating, it still doesn't change the fact that Denver loss, got out coached , and out executed . My point is that anything can happen in the postseason .

what about Miami scoring 36 in Denver?.

....you mean the game where Miami went down the field in the final minute after Denver led 39-28? That game?

Again, Denver's rush defense numbers have been better than their pass defense numbers for 2 years because they're almost always ahead and teams have to throw. Both rankings are misleading...I know you know that./

....you mean the game where Miami went down the field in the final minute after Denver led 39-28? That game?

Again, Denver's rush defense numbers have been better than their pass defense numbers for 2 years because they're almost always ahead and teams have to throw. Both rankings are misleading...I know you know that./

Yeah and they went down with ease. If they recovered onside it was anyone's game.

I am not sure how you still trying to rally for pass defense. It's horrible.

Talib isn't even the best corner on the team IMO but the secondary actually played well last night . Yes our linebackers need a little work but our fastest LB Trevathan will be coming back in 2 weeks which will help out a lot . I agree with you about the coaching , however Denver has had its way with SD since the arrival of McCoy . They've only lost to the Chargers once in that span and the beat them in the playoffs. Bill B was out coached in the title game last year , but can Denver duplicate that again if the two met? I doubt it but anything can happen .

Indeed I like Harris Jr as well but Talib still generally draws the best receiver. I knew you guys would miss Trevathan a lot this year when he went out...he was your leading tackler last year. I know he should help depending on what kind of game shape he is in. I think he would help against the Gates and Gronks (well as much as anyone can). I do think the offense has a little identity crisis....especially with Thomas coming back and his lack of physicality in the run game....I know they dearly missed him in the red zone but I'm not sure he can block the same as Virgil does. Anyways its a nice problem to have.

The only thing about SD is that Manusky usually gives Peyton fits...I personaly think he is a good DC...much better than JDR imo. After watching JDR coach for years in Jacksonville I honestly wonder how good your defense could be with a better coach...but maybe you guys are happy with him I don't know. Hopefully all in all it sets up for an exciting finish.

He threw at least 4-5 passes that, for all intents and purposes, should have been picked. Only one of them was.

That 6 INT game * me off. We still should have won lol...then Vinny shanks like a 30 yarder of all things. If we pulled that out that would have been one of the games the team carried him, but couldn't close it. He usually has one stinker game a year outside the playoffs where the team has to actually all show up to win. Like that one year against Cleveland we won like 15-9 or something.

Did he actually throw a pick the other night??? He had a couple passes get away in the wind...much like the NE game last year...but he has a lot of trust in his wrs to battle for the ball. I mean we all know Marvin is 1000 times the receiver Sanders is but one thing Sanders will do is be tough and fight for the ball. He kinda has that "dog" in him...kinda like most Pitts receivers. Peyton trusts to throw one up to him or Thomas because of the speed, size, leaping mismatch that he knows worst case scenerio they don't come down with it. That said yes he had some stinker throws. Combine the wind, cold, and the fact he wasn't throwing in rhythem most of the night he did good. First half Peyton looked pretty good. Second half outside a few throws and those drops in the endzone those fades weren't very good....he didn't have touch and I think thats attributed to the cold, wind, and his nerve damage issues. He still called a very good game at the line and checked to runs several times (I saw Thomas even throw his hands up once because they ran so many run plays in a row)....and even the runs Peyton was directing where they were suppose to run of which side etc....it was a good game from the signal caller...even if he didn't have his best passing game.

Indeed we had no right to be in that SD game....and honestly our receivers got mugged all night that night causing a couple of those picks...but Peyton didn't looked overwhelmed....and we've seen that on an occassion or two certainly.

Did he actually throw a pick the other night??? He had a couple passes get away in the wind...much like the NE game last year...but he has a lot of trust in his wrs to battle for the ball. I mean we all know Marvin is 1000 times the receiver Sanders is but one thing Sanders will do is be tough and fight for the ball. He kinda has that "dog" in him...kinda like most Pitts receivers. Peyton trusts to throw one up to him or Thomas because of the speed, size, leaping mismatch that he knows worst case scenerio they don't come down with it. That said yes he had some stinker throws. Combine the wind, cold, and the fact he wasn't throwing in rhythem most of the night he did good. First half Peyton looked pretty good. Second half outside a few throws and those drops in the endzone those fades weren't very good....he didn't have touch and I think thats attributed to the cold, wind, and his nerve damage issues. He still called a very good game at the line and checked to runs several times (I saw Thomas even throw his hands up once because they ran so many run plays in a row)....and even the runs Peyton was directing where they were suppose to run of which side etc....it was a good game from the signal caller...even if he didn't have his best passing game.

Indeed we had no right to be in that SD game....and honestly our receivers got mugged all night that night causing a couple of those picks...but Peyton didn't looked overwhelmed....and we've seen that on an occassion or two certainly.

I might be misremembering that. Pretty sure he had one, but might be wrong on it.

I might be misremembering that. Pretty sure he had one, but might be wrong on it.

No he didn't....17-34 2 tds 0 ints i think it was like 179 yds....not Peytonesque but certainly a respectable game..especially given the conditions....and I know WHAT IF  but he had two bad drops/plays by his receivers there in the third by Thomas and Tamme I believe on the same drive where they dropped sure TDs so it easily could have been 3TDs and around 200yds...but yes it could have been 1 or 2 picks too....so yes...not what you would come to expect but a clean line against the best pass rush in the NFL and in those conditions....I'd take it.