Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions center cheap shots Pats

oldunclemark

Most teams choose to take a knee when the game can be run out. That's the prevailing  ethic in the NFL. Your opinion is appreciated but I don't think "running up the score" is limited to youth sports. In football they usually stop throwing the ball when the game is clearly out of reach... or take a knee when the clock can be run out. In baseball , teams stop stealing bases and bunting runners over. 

His "excuse" that the Pats were running up the score is just a cover. They were cheap shotting the Pats long before the final TD. They were frustrated that they were being whipped. The score was 24-6 at half. It was 27-9 before the final TD by the Pats. How on earth is that running up that score if you have only scored 3 points the entire half and the final drive was all runs??

LOL. a late TD vs a non conference team might come into play within he next 100 years .. but probably not. If there is no such thing as "running up the score" as you and some other Pat fans claim , are the rest of us dreaming about some "fabricated etiquette" that teams , fans and the press thinks exist ?

Pats ran the ball that entire drive... they had a 4th down and were kicking a field goal and then the Lions team that has a ton of thugs on it decided to give our defenseless long snapper a helmet to helmet shot..

That created a 1st and goal at the 1 from the unsportsmanlike penalty... and obviously, after them taking a shot like that against the long snapper, they're going to stuff it down their throat for 1 more TD

I'm disappointed the Pats didn't completely stomp Riola into a pile of mush after he did that absolutely insane cut block right at Walker's knee on a non-play..  one of the most dirty plays ive ever seen, i can't recall a player EVER doing something so deliberate..  The entire Pats defense should have literally just curb stomped that guy after that play..

I'm glad that the Pats will stick up for their players and play with an attitude... thats why they don't get the ball ran on them for 250 yards in their own stadium and continue to beat top teams week in and week out.   They aren't soft like a lot of teams they've encountered this year.

His "excuse" that the Pats were running up the score is just a cover. They were cheap shotting the Pats long before the final TD. They were frustrated that they were being whipped. The score was 24-6 at half. It was 27-9 before the final TD by the Pats. How on earth is that running up that score if you have only scored 3 points the entire half and the final drive was all runs??

<crickets>

Score 27-9. Time left 1:57. Lions no timeouts left . 3 kneel downs takes 135 seconds off the clock. There were 117 seconds left with no way for the clock to stop. You Pat fans can dance and prance , wiggle and waggle * and moan all you like ... scoring a TD is running up the score. I don't care how many points they scored in the 2nd half , how many runs or play actions .. blaa blaa blaa blaa. That's considered (at least outside of Patriot World) running up the score. Now if you want tho say it was deserved cause a guy hit another guy with his helmet or what ever... say that. Otherwise go find a Patriot buffoon to tell the story you have above.

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, November 24, 2014 - Personal shot?
Hidden by SteelCityColt, November 24, 2014 - Personal shot?

Pats ran the ball that entire drive... they had a 4th down and were kicking a field goal and then the Lions team that has a ton of thugs on it decided to give our defenseless long snapper a helmet to helmet shot..

That created a 1st and goal at the 1 from the unsportsmanlike penalty... and obviously, after them taking a shot like that against the long snapper, they're going to stuff it down their throat for 1 more TD

I'm disappointed the Pats didn't completely stomp Riola into a pile of mush after he did that absolutely insane cut block right at Walker's knee on a non-play..  one of the most dirty plays ive ever seen, i can't recall a player EVER doing something so deliberate..  The entire Pats defense should have literally just curb stomped that guy after that play..

I'm glad that the Pats will stick up for their players and play with an attitude... thats why they don't get the ball ran on them for 250 yards in their own stadium and continue to beat top teams week in and week out.   They aren't soft like a lot of teams they've encountered this year.

The above sounds like a drunk fan that probably throws beer bottles at the opposing team. 

Score 27-9. Time left 1:57. Lions no timeouts left . 3 kneel downs takes 135 seconds off the clock. There were 117 seconds left with no way for the clock to stop. You Pat fans can dance and prance , wiggle and waggle * and moan all you like ... scoring a TD is running up the score. I don't care how many points they scored in the 2nd half , how many runs or play actions .. blaa blaa blaa blaa. That's considered (at least outside of Patriot World) running up the score. Now if you want tho say it was deserved cause a guy hit another guy with his helmet or what ever... say that. Otherwise go find a Patriot buffoon to tell the story you have above.

Oh stop. It was fourth and goal from the two with two minutes and they hit the FG. So that is a grand total of six points in the second half. They cheap shotted our long snapper to take the FG off the board. So at the one yard line after that cheap play, heck yeah you run it in.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 24, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 24, 2014 - personal shot

Oh stop. It was fourth and goal from the two with two minutes and they hit the FG. So that is a grand total of six points in the second half. They cheap shotted our long snapper to take the FG off the board. So at the one yard line after that cheap play, heck yeah you run it in.

Are you just slow or pretending to not understand how your remark that it isn't running up the score is pretty stupid. Like I said , if you want to say they deserved it that's one thing but the # of points scored in the 2nd half has nothing to do with scoring a TD when taking a knee to ends the game. Like I said.. tell it to your buffoon buddies. 

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 24, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 24, 2014 - response to hidden post

Are you just slow or pretending to not understand how your remark that it isn't running up the score is pretty stupid. Like I said , if you want to say they deserved it that's one thing but the # of points scored in the 2nd half has nothing to do with scoring a TD when taking a knee to ends the game. Like I said.. tell it to your buffoon buddies. 

I think you are the one that is slow. They kicked the FG which was taken off on a cheap shot personal foul which was almost as egregious as the chop block given the guy speared our long snapper. I don't know what planet you are on but no team would just lay down on the one after a penalty like that. Maybe that is something you dome boys or Midwesterners do. That is not how we roll here on the east coast.

Well, that was pretty weaksauce. Play football, not cheap. The Lions are notoriously dirty. Suh in particular is the greatest offender.

I'm amazed Blinky has been able to reel that team in as well as he has, because they used to be a lot worse. Gotta give him props for that. It's like trying to tame a bunch of actual Lions.

I think you are the one that is slow. They kicked the FG which was taken off on a cheap shot personal foul which was almost as egregious as the chop block given the guy speared our long snapper. I don't know what planet you are on but no team would just lay down on the one after a penalty like that. Maybe that is something you dome boys or Midwesterners do. That is not how we roll here on the east coast.

I live a CA (1/4 mile from the Pacific)not the midwest. I retired after working for 35 years in my business on the East coast. I did a lot of business with people in Baawston and skinned them to no end. Living like a king off their arrogant and stupid attitude. No kidding , I really had to bite my tongue but needed them to keep my income stream going. Once again... you claim not running up the score ... thats' just plain stupid. As I say (3rd time) .. if you want to say it was justified .. that's different. Are you really just too slow to understand that you claim it wasn't running up the score ?

Wonder how many pats fans are mad about this but praised gronk for throwing Sergio into the camera cause he "deserved" it.

Wouldn't surprise me that's how thinks work with that franchise and its fans. Pats can get away with anything but as soon as something happens to then they are all up in arms

Except that what you posted didn't remotely happen.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 24, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, November 24, 2014 - response to hidden post

I live a CA (1/4 mile from the Pacific)not the midwest. I retired after working for 35 years in my business on the East coast. I did a lot of business with people in Baawston and skinned them to no end. Living like a king off their arrogant and stupid attitude. No kidding , I really had to bite my tongue but needed them to keep my income stream going. Once again... you claim not running up the score ... thats' just plain stupid. As I say (3rd time) .. if you want to say it was justified .. that's different. Are you really just too slow to understand that you claim it wasn't running up the score ?

Lol. I am sure Bostonians just loved you. ;)  No arrogance or attitude in you, sir. :)  This must explain why we are kindred spirits up here, you get me. :kitty:

The motive for scoring was not to run up the score but pay back for the cheap hit. So yes, justified. It is like Bill can't win. He lines up for the FG and they cheap shot us. It is like poking the bear and here we are on this thread over it. lol.

Still though Lions will be rooting hard for us next Sunday to beat the Pack and I know that just burns them to no end. :D

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, November 24, 2014 - Baiting/inflammatory
Hidden by SteelCityColt, November 24, 2014 - Baiting/inflammatory

They all are this slow I know of countless times I've seen you try and prove a point to her and others and they just don't have the brain capacity up there to understand simple concepts

Your still proving his point A tossing a player onto a metal camera stand has just as much chance of serious injury and B you don't see that every game well maybe watching the Pats play

THIS DIDNT HAPPEN.

Why do so many Colt fans completely lie about that play? Wishful thinking?