Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For those that have been able to watch the Redskins

PeterBowman

For obvious reasons I think they will make a concerted effort to run the football, and if they get that going I don't think RG3 will be all that bad off the play action.

They are not going to want to get into a passing match exposing RG3 to all of the blitzes we'll come with.

The question is can their defense keep our offense from putting them in a situation where they have to pass a lot?

The Redskins organization is a complete mess led by the incompetent Dan Snyder . I watch Redskins Nation on Comcast sometimes and watch the analysts in vein trying to find some positives about this team.

This organization reminds me very much of the 1972-1983 Bob Irsay led Baltimore Colts. It gets so bad there is a feeling of utter helplessness, and finally apathy from the fan base , as it never seems to get better. It won't get better in Washington, like it never did in Baltimore/ Indy until the old man died. Unfortunately for Redskins fans, Snyder will be around for a long time .

I remember all the HYPE RG3 received  from the media & posters on these boards & the ROY which IMO should have went to Alfred Morris ,

RG3 was supposedly equal to Luck what a joke that was :lol: .  The problem is he was built up & placed on a pedestal long before he achieved anything now he is who we thought he was ,  Nothing special  & like I said when he was first drafted he'll be lucky to get a 2'nd NFL contract :thmup: :thmup:

I live in Richmond (Redskins training camp area). All I hear is how beat up they are in the secondary. Own them Andrew!

That's where I am too (for college, LET'S GO VCU!) and they have nobody in secondary that I've ever seen perform well besides Breeland and Meriweather. Their starting corner (Hall) is out for the year, and he's a shadow of his former self.

The Redskins have more weaknesses than they have strengths, Indy definitely has the edge over them.

Best case scenario is if RG3 starts. If Colt McCoy starts, they could pose a legitimate threat, as he can manage a game very well. He's not a world-beater, but he makes the plays he needs to and doesn't make too many mistakes.

Their run game will be the biggest problem, but if they can't pass effectively, we may be able to have a similar defensive performance as the Jags game.

And I'm in Va Beach, so I also hear about the Redskins all the time too...