Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marcus Lattimore annouces retirement

Gavin

“After prayer and careful consideration, I have decided it’s time to end my professional football career,” said Lattimore

It's kind of hard to end an NFL career that never even started. Sorry if that statement came across as smug BTW. Too bad, I had high hopes for this kid in San Fran. Good luck in pursuing your next calling Marcus. 

Didn't the 49ers lose another RB who retired early named Glen Coffee too? He found success outside of football as well so I wish Mr. Lattimore good fortune. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/21/former-nfl-running-back-glen-coffee-reportedly-set-to-graduate-from-us-army/

I liked Coffee too because he reminded me of that prisoner in "The Green Mile" movie named John Coffey. No, he didn't look like actor Michael Clarke Duncan, but I always thought coffee was a cool last name that's all. 

michael-duncan_2328070b.jpg

Kid's path always seemed to get tougher and tougher. Him and the NFL were just never meant to be.

That's a nice way of phrasing it QuizBoy. His heart might not have been into football or injuries & the slow rate of recovery was just too much frustration for him to tolerate anymore. Pure speculation on my part I know. 

I was really hoping his NFL career would work out, I remember seeing him play in college and I honestly thought this guy would be one of the next elite backs. I was actually thinking there may be a point where he would rebound and become a good NFL RB. At one point I was even hoping the Colts would draft him. It seems the injuries just decimated him, unless there is some other side of the story. The guy lived for football but something just didn't pan out. He's young who knows what the future holds for him. Case of untapped potential that football fans won't ever be able to see on a professional level, at least not for now.

“After prayer and careful consideration, I have decided it’s time to end my professional football career,” said Lattimore

It's kind of hard to end an NFL career that never even started. Sorry if that statement came across as smug BTW. Too bad, I had high hopes for this kid in San Fran. Good luck in pursuing your next calling Marcus. 

Didn't the 49ers lose another RB who retired early named Glen Coffee too? He found success outside of football as well so I wish Mr. Lattimore good fortune. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/21/former-nfl-running-back-glen-coffee-reportedly-set-to-graduate-from-us-army/

I liked Coffee too because he reminded me of that prisoner in "The Green Mile" movie named John Coffey. No, he didn't look like actor Michael Clarke Duncan, but I always thought coffee was a cool last name that's all. 

michael-duncan_2328070b.jpg

My names John Coffey sir, like the drink only not spelt the same...

Best movie ever