Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Manusky

RockThatBlue

Hes tied with most sacks on the team.. tied with dline men who rush the passer every play.. DQ blitzs 5 to 7 times a game.. so yes he arguably is.. arguably

well for one thing, the DL absolutely does not rush the passer every play.  Even our Rush LB doesn't rush the QB on every play.  also, DQ's sacks pretty much come when he blitzes and is able to squeeze through the line without getting blocked.  If he had to face an OL or TE on his way to the QB then he likely would have 0 sacks.  Now I'm not taking anything at all away from DQ..he's doing a good job of finding the open lane to get through the OL and to the QB, but to say he's our best pass rusher is hilariously false.  

I think Manusky maybe 75% there in figuring out how to use our personnel properly......

Some things Manusky could do better:

Manusky's learned that our secondary is a strong point, and them covering well can help these stunts and inside blitzes work out. Getting creative with blitzing is certainly helping us.

Manusky needs to have Werner keep putting his hands in the dirt with the 3 and 4 point stance.He's actually pretty explosive off the snap when he does this. And for the love, stop dropping Werner into coverage.

Reduce the cushion Toler gives receivers. 10 yards is ridiculous.

The ONLY LB that should drop into coverage is Freeman. DQ is good at stopping the run, not coverage. I think Muamba can drop into coverage, and definitely needs to see the field some more. He has a great motor.

I think Manusky should try McNary at OLB too.

the cushion for toler isn't 10 yard. And a little research might make you understand it

well for one thing, the DL absolutely does not rush the passer every play. Even our Rush LB doesn't rush the QB on every play. also, DQ's sacks pretty much come when he blitzes and is able to squeeze through the line without getting blocked. If he had to face an OL or TE on his way to the QB then he likely would have 0 sacks. Now I'm not taking anything at all away from DQ..he's doing a good job of finding the open lane to get through the OL and to the QB, but to say he's our best pass rusher is hilariously false.

lol what. Go back and watch his last sack. Come on dude

well for one thing, the DL absolutely does not rush the passer every play. Even our Rush LB doesn't rush the QB on every play. also, DQ's sacks pretty much come when he blitzes and is able to squeeze through the line without getting blocked. If he had to face an OL or TE on his way to the QB then he likely would have 0 sacks. Now I'm not taking anything at all away from DQ..he's doing a good job of finding the open lane to get through the OL and to the QB, but to say he's our best pass rusher is hilariously false.

Arguably.. lol arguably.. i said he was arguably the best.. but i hear and agree with what you say

I could see the value in a guy like Rex if you want to try to catch lightning in a bottle and go all in on a one year Superbowl run (never a good idea in my book) - but he isn't the kind of presence I associate with building and maintaining a great winning culture - sustainable success. You see it in his brother as well. They can roll the dice and do great things, but sustainability looks elusive for the Ryan clan.

.I don't agree where ever Rex is defense is gud, I don't want him as hc but dc u never know