Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Bloom is off of Seattle

amfootball

building a solid roster for years ? they've only been good the last 3 years. That roster will be meaningless as this season passes. They aren't making the playoffs this year and even if they happen to,they will lose in the first round.

3 years=years. They've actually been getting better and better since Carroll has been there. I wouldn't bet on them not making the playoffs if I was you.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facts are important to me. How was that "splitting hairs"? You were wrong.

I was right about everything in my statement save for the QB thing. There was no need to get testy and sarcastic when the point of the post was clear regardless of who the quarterback was.

I was right about everything in my statement save for the QB thing. There was no need to get testy and sarcastic when the point of the post was clear regardless of who the quarterback was. But, from what I've seen, you are here to pick fights, so I'm not surprised.

Testy?  Sarcastic?  Where?  I will admit to that in other threads, but certainly not here.  Just correcting the record on an important element of the story.

Testy? Sarcastic? Where? I will admit to that in other threads, but certainly not here. Just correcting the record on an important element of the story.

You could have done that without the whole I don't remember this but I do remember this angle. Tone is everything and unfortunately can't be determined accurately over the internet. I didn't like the tone of that post. But, forget it...my point is valid regardless of who played quarterback lol.

You could have done that without the whole I don't remember this but I do remember this angle. Tone is everything and unfortunately can't be determined accurately over the internet. I didn't like the tone of that post. But, let bygones be bygones...my point is valid regardless of who played quarterback lol.

Well, I didn't remember a playoff game where Whitehurst QB'd the Seahawks.  I thought maybe you knew something I don't

I could've sworn he was for some big game or something, but maybe not. I'm 21, getting old lol.

I remember him playing in a game or two, but never in a "big game".  On a  related note, I heard that Whitehurst looks like an all pro QB in practice, but just can't get it done on the field.

I remember him playing in a game or two, but never in a "big game". On a related note, I heard that Whitehurst looks like an all pro QB in practice, but just can't get it done on the field.

Yeah you would think after holding a clipboard for ten years he would know something. For some guys it just doesn't lead to good play on the field. I guess Whitehurst is the anti-Tebow lol.

Actually, every game has an impact of some kind.  Making the playoffs, Wild Card status, Home field advantage etc....

Maybe, but there are varying degrees of impact, especially when it comes to making the playoffs. Wanting to win the first game of the year and losing will not have the same impact as, say for instance, having to win the last game of the year just to make the postseason.

To the bolded- that is why I am not big on players coaches. Eventually the cards do coming crashing in as every team faces adversity and players need to be reeled in.

yah it will be interesting to see what happens of things start to go south for Seattle . . . my guess is that there are a few more trash talkers in the locker room but not as out spoken as Sherman . . . will be interesting to see how the locker room holds out if things start to go against the players expectations . . . so teams can get through it and we will see how it goes in Seattle . .  Pete Carroll had success at USC (although he got out of dodge prior to the NCAA coming to town) and has had success in Seattle, so it may keep the boo birds away . . . be interesting to see how Seattle handles it if they start to struggle . . .

LOL Harvin leaving is another piece of the puzzle falling off the table to make it happen. SF will have no problem with the division.

Maybe getting rid of Harvin is something that they needed there? They got to the super bowl pretty much without him.

And the media is wrong more often then not lol.

they wont   be wrong about Seattle failing because they wont report till after it happens. But I'm already telling you it will happen and this is one of the reasons that will be used no matter how vaild you think it is. And along the way the Cardinals will fall to the side as well. Its SFs division from here on in

they wont be wrong about Seattle failing because they wont report till after it happens. But I'm already telling you it will happen and this is one of the reasons that will be used no matter how vaild you think it is. And along the way the Cardinals will fall to the side as well. Its SFs division from here on in

Idk, we'll see. I'm sure if the sky falls down then the Harvin thing will be an excuse but he hasn't been nearly as impactful this season as he was last year. Plus Seattle always plays San Francisco close so I'm not saying it's over till it's over.

they wont   be wrong about Seattle failing because they wont report till after it happens. But I'm already telling you it will happen and this is one of the reasons that will be used no matter how vaild you think it is. And along the way the Cardinals will fall to the side as well. Its SFs division from here on in

The Seahawks are still some of the NFL's best. I don't see this year's injured 49ers team beating them in the division race.

Also, every team has to fall off at one point. It's not like one team will be good forever. The Seahawks will be competitive as long as they have Russell Wilson.

The Seahawks are still some of the NFL's best. I don't see this year's injured 49ers team beating them in the division race.

Also, every team has to fall off at one point. It's not like one team will be good forever. The Seahawks will be competitive as long as they have Russell Wilson.

With the Harvin trade not sure how Seattle's O will muster points vs a tough niners D. They had issues even with Harvin. I think right now I would put the Niners as the front runners especially if they beat Denver tomorrow. Although I would not discount the Cards either.

Cardinals vs Cowboys for the NFCCG in Arizona? Will the Cardinals be the first team to make a SB in their own stadium? With Bruce Arians, I am not counting anything out.

If Eagles beat the Seahawks at home, chances are, the Seahawks might miss the playoffs in a tough NFC even if they get 10 wins.

Eagles or Cowboys will get the #5 seeding, 49ers/Cardinals/Seahawks get the #6 seeding, I feel.

Long season.

With the Harvin trade not sure how Seattle's O will muster points vs a tough niners D. They had issues even with Harvin. I think right now I would put the Niners as the front runners especially if they beat Denver tomorrow. Although I would not discount the Cards either.

IMO Harvin hasn't been a difference maker this year. His receiving stats have been pretty abysmal. Other than his 11 rushes for 92 yards, he really hasn't helped the offense.

I still think Seattle will win the division. But, it's still early. I'm sure our opinions will change on this in a few weeks 

One problem I think Seattle has this year compared to last year is depth. Defensive line and secondary depth. They lost a few solid rotational players and didn't replace them. Their defensive line a year ago was monsterous and seemed like they had 8 quality starters inner changing at all times.

They could still very easily take the top seed in the NFC, since 90% of teams in the league look great one week and lousy the next. Plus, Pete Carroll is a dang good coach with a very talented team. Plenty of time to figure things out to try to get back to how they were a year ago.

IMO Harvin hasn't been a difference maker this year. His receiving stats have been pretty abysmal. Other than his 11 rushes for 92 yards, he really hasn't helped the offense.

I still think Seattle will win the division. But, it's still early. I'm sure our opinions will change on this in a few weeks 

LOL you've basically beat around the bush,stood on the fence and committed to nothing with that sentence.

here, let me help you.  I have no problem telling you Seattle wont win the division and I wont be wrong.

There, that was more entertaining and was an actual claim/decision.

Cardinals vs Cowboys for the NFCCG in Arizona? Will the Cardinals be the first team to make a SB in their own stadium? With Bruce Arians, I am not counting anything out.

If Eagles beat the Seahawks at home, chances are, the Seahawks might miss the playoffs in a tough NFC even if they get 10 wins.

Eagles or Cowboys will get the #5 seeding, 49ers/Cardinals/Seahawks get the #6 seeding, I feel.

Long season.

I'll count it out for you. The Cards wont sniff anywhere near a playoff spot. Bruce Arians has done nothing but stand on a sideline,his presence proves and does nothing for any team.

the Cardinals and Seahawks wont even make the playoffs. The second 8 games will tell a very different story

LOL you've basically beat around the bush,stood on the fence and committed to nothing with that sentence.

here, let me help you.  I have no problem telling you Seattle wont win the division and I wont be wrong.

There, that was more entertaining and was an actual claim/decision.

Stating your opinion as fact doesn't make it true.

I didn't beat around the bush. I think Seattle will win the division as of right now, and that I might change my mind in the next few weeks depending on what happens.

Stating your opinion as fact doesn't make it true.

I didn't beat around the bush. I think Seattle will win the division as of right now, and that I might change my mind in the next few weeks depending on what happens.

yep, that's called wishy washy committing to nothingness. You are saying ' I'm not claiming anything so you cant prove me wrong while I say both things can happen'

no, I make no opinions. I only deal in absolutes. Seattle will not win the division.

you call mine an opinion so when I'm right you can just say I was lucky haha.

yep, that's called wishy washy committing to nothingness. You are saying ' I'm not claiming anything so you cant prove me wrong while I say both things can happen'

no, I make no opinions. I only deal in absolutes. Seattle will not win the division.

you call mine an opinion so when I'm right you can just say I was lucky haha.

LOL. Yeah, it's still an opinion. 

Do you really think I care if you're right or not? You take this way too seriously.